Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!

On today's flight I was #1 for an upgrade with XYZ/W behind me at #2. When the GA cleared the one seat that was available for an upgrade, I heard the GA call Mr. XYZ to the desk. I looked up at the GIDS and saw that XYZ/W was now in 1C. I remained at #1 on the upgrade list while Mr. XYZ, who had been #2 was upgraded.

Called the Diamond Desk and was escalated to a supervisor, who checked the details and confirmed that I should have been upgraded. He asked me to email the info via the website as a complaint. I did exactly that.

If it hadn't been so early, before 6.30, and if Mr. XYZ didn't already have his first class BP in hand I would have complained, but I wasn't up for a fight. Too bad, I wound up with a talker next to me on an almost three hour flight.

Moderate headache to be treated at the bar tonight.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
How don't know how they could have checked. Once under gate control I always thought that they were unable to see the details of the upgrade list.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:03 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Skynanigans! This is my fear with Delta's FC monetization. Withholding too many FC upgrades puts them under GA control which it seems under Delta is rife with abuse.
SYRRDU likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Had an issue with a GA and redcoat in MSP not too long ago who were willing to put a PM in F instead of me. I had a very knowledgeable person on the phone telling me the exact upgrade status and was able to call them out on it and avoid Shena from making an appearence.

GA and Redcoat were rather rude to me in the process though - I did call the 404 number as no DL employee should tell any customer, let alone a DM, to buzz off (their words not mine).
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:10 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Shenanigans!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by bkmn
Moderate headache to be treated at the bar tonight.
Oh my God! We must have the same doctor! I have that prescription as well!!! Take two Chevas Regals and call nobody in the morning!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paella747
Oh my God! We must have the same doctor! I have that prescription as well!!! Take two Chevas Regals and call nobody in the morning!
A couple of beers worked just fine for the problem.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
OP -- Just out of curiosity, were you on this flight as a result of IROPS?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GBadger
OP -- Just out of curiosity, were you on this flight as a result of IROPS?
This was my originally booked flight.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bkmn
This was my originally booked flight.
Ok. Definitely write DL about this. Sounds like Shena is not yet under control!
Old Mar 11, 2011, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Update:

Had email from DL last night, it admitted I should have gotten the upgrade not #2. 7500 miles to be added to my account as an apology.

Lesson learned - keep an eye on the upgrade board at T-40.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:19 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
can I call Shena or is it IT?

I was booked to fly DCA-MSY with a FO companion. I booked this 3 months ago.
Companion was not FO then, gifted status 2 months ago
I removed and reentered FF number and left him on the same reservation. We are flying a CR7.

4 days out my upgrade did not clear. I thought OK, FCM going on. At check in, I saw a question, "do you want to request an upgrade" - oh yeah I do, who would not? - and then I am told I am on the upgrade list. I volunteer to bump, then change my mind and called Plat line as the next flight is 6 hours later, and am told that at booking, I DECLINED an auto upgrade request. NEVER in my DL life would I EVER do a thing like that! (only reason I fly DL domestic, plus, 5 days ago my itin clearly said upgrade requested)

Also I thought companion upgrades with another Medallion member should have been processed before the GM or at the very least immediately after the Golds BEFORE the Silvers, given my PL status on DL.

Is this Shena or just Delta IT?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:07 pm

Programs: 2 many 4 2 long.
Originally Posted by ffI
I was booked to fly DCA-MSY with a FO companion. I booked this 3 months ago.
Companion was not FO then, gifted status 2 months ago
I removed and reentered FF number and left him on the same reservation. We are flying a CR7.

4 days out my upgrade did not clear. I thought OK, FCM going on. At check in, I saw a question, "do you want to request an upgrade" - oh yeah I do, who would not? - and then I am told I am on the upgrade list. I volunteer to bump, then change my mind and called Plat line as the next flight is 6 hours later, and am told that at booking, I DECLINED an auto upgrade request. NEVER in my DL life would I EVER do a thing like that! (only reason I fly DL domestic, plus, 5 days ago my itin clearly said upgrade requested)

Also I thought companion upgrades with another Medallion member should have been processed before the GM or at the very least immediately after the Golds BEFORE the Silvers, given my PL status on DL.

Is this Shena or just Delta IT?
Very highly likely IT. I have not flown DL on a paid ticket for 11.5 months, but as a DM last year the same thing happened to me twice. My observations have always been that Shena only occurs at the airport and nearly all of the time at the gate within 20 minutes of departure.

Shena operates manually. IT operates haphazardly.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles (Silver), UA Mileage Plus, US Scareways, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by Buccaneeratheart

Shena operates manually. IT operates haphazardly.
^^ hahahahaha
Oh Lord, I agree with you, Buccaneeratheheart . SHIB and I agreed a few days ago...I feel an impending natural disaster

DL757ATL
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:33 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Emirates Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ffI
Also I thought companion upgrades with another Medallion member should have been processed before the GM or at the very least immediately after the Golds BEFORE the Silvers, given my PL status
No, your companion will clear with FOs. You will also clear with FOs if on same PNR.

Not sure how the technical glitch occured, but it sounds like they were able to add you to the list when you called?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.