Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2023, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
a) Every GA I have ever asked "how many of the first class passengers have boarded?" have given a numerical answer.
b) Any GA or red coat that answers questions with a response as condescending as "That is not something for you to be concerned about" probably wouldn't be employed by DL for very long.
Sorry, don't venture to this site often. I will wager a large bet with you that this has been said many, many times and nary a discipline notice has been received. You people think that by writing a "not happy darn it!" note will instantly get one fired or written up. You really have no idea how lightly these "complaints" are taken. Trust me, the term "snowflake" was used in describing this type of complaint well before it's political take over recently. Trust me again when I tell you, the people that do this job daily make fun of what you perceive as an "injustice" Have a great day!
JAXPax likes this.

Last edited by MrHockey; Aug 27, 2023 at 11:09 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Aug 28, 2023, 1:16 pm

I was number 1 of 60 on FC upgrade list with 2 open FC seats. Numbers 2 and 3 had the same last name. Gate agent parachuted both of them to the 2 FC seats and left me number 1 for 0 open FC seats and I sat in my C+ seat selected at booking (paid MC, automatic C+ upgrade at booking as DM). Shena?
Old Aug 28, 2023, 4:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
I was number 1 of 60 on FC upgrade list with 2 open FC seats. Numbers 2 and 3 had the same last name. Gate agent parachuted both of them to the 2 FC seats and left me number 1 for 0 open FC seats and I sat in my C+ seat selected at booking (paid MC, automatic C+ upgrade at booking as DM). Shena?
Write up the GA. Let Delta sort out what happened - but if you hadn’t boarded yet, why not challenge the GA over the strange upgrade processing?
Spiff, jamesteroh and cemlaw like this.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Write up the GA. Let Delta sort out what happened - but if you hadn’t boarded yet, why not challenge the GA over the strange upgrade processing?
Stupid me didn’t screenshot me as first on the upgrade list. So she could just say I was number 3.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Their internal system should have logs of this and what happened... if you report it they can investigate.
Spiff and jamesteroh like this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 8:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
On a SkyWest E175 today a uniforned FA was in 2A. She appeared to be a flight attendant trainer observing the new lead flight attendant. An example of what looks like Shena that may not be Shena.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
what did the GA say when you asked about this
Spiff and enviroian like this.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
what did the GA say when you asked about this
I didn’t want to cause trouble so I chickened out and didn’t approach the desk.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 9:03 am

Programs: DL DM
#1 of 28 today for a short flight. Monitor was showing 1 not checked in after the checkin deadline. GA insisted to board. At very last minute they released the one seat and then cleared a standby directly into First. Even shows their status as "Main Cabin" on the list!

Thankfully a short hop. I was suspicious so took some screenshots. Will send this in though I doubt DL cares.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:08 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Thought I was witnessing my first Shena this weekend, as 1D was empty, and saw GA and Purser having a quiet conversation in the galley, and shortly after that, the pilot in the cockpit jumpseat moved to 1D. But then I checked the upgrade list and the first 6 on the list were 3 separate pairs of same last three letters... I don't expect GA to go down the list to #7 to find someone to fill the last seat with a battlefield upgrade when boarding is complete.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.