Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL Kryptonium & Diamond & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Blainux
No, your companion will clear with FOs. You will also clear with FOs if on same PNR.
This is not true. With multiple mediallions in the same PNR, each clears at their window, and if at the gate, each is listed - basically with their status.

I travel with my family often, DM, GM, and two FO, and this is how we clear. On Saturday, I cleared, but my DS was #6, DS2 #11, and DH #20 on the list.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 6:24 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
OP, did you by chance link to the Delta booking page via Kayak or sidestep or something? When you do that your upgrade is not automatically requested.

Also if you started the booking process without being logged in the upgrade needs to be requested after the ticket is issued.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:05 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ffI
4 days out my upgrade did not clear. I thought OK, FCM going on.
Should this be added somewhere to our list of DL acronyms n' "stuff"?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 4:22 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
No, your companion will clear with FOs. You will also clear with FOs if on same PNR.

Not sure how the technical glitch occured, but it sounds like they were able to add you to the list when you called?
Update after return
I got upgraded at the gate out bound, and was thinking Shena was there on the return. My companion - FO - was not upgraded and 2 seats were empty in F. Just as the door was about to close a pilot got on and put his bags in the empty F overhead bin and went on to the first row of economy.!
Wait there is more! Then the gate agent came on and gave 2 little pieces of paper to the FA who called my companion and another pax, both to row 1 C&D!

Where is shena? RTS who was quite right about some things DL, has now found her in UA...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ial-shena.html

Not sure how the technical glitch occured, but it sounds like they were able to add you to the list when you called?
In the past (once) my companion GM cleared with me together once at 4 days out while I was DM, on the same PNR and I thought that DL IT allowed 2 medallions to clear just after the higher one so I kept mine in the same PNR to see if ti still worked.

Originally Posted by BadgerFlyer91
This is not true. With multiple mediallions in the same PNR, each clears at their window, and if at the gate, each is listed - basically with their status.
I travel with my family often, DM, GM, and two FO, and this is how we clear. On Saturday, I cleared, but my DS was #6, DS2 #11, and DH #20 on the list.
I can't confirm the first part, but the second was true both ways in terms of the gate lottery.

Originally Posted by davetravels
Should this be added somewhere to our list of DL acronyms n' "stuff"?
FCM - First Class Monetization is the new Shena...

Originally Posted by Buccaneeratheart
Very highly likely IT. Shena operates manually. IT operates haphazardly.
I think this sums it up the best!

Last edited by ffI; Apr 9, 2011 at 4:33 pm
Old Apr 21, 2011, 6:32 am
EZE

Programs: All of em more or less
Shena?

If anyone can check DL 1312 TPA-MSP this am for possible shena activities, I would be most appreciative. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
I'm on 1312 and I'm pretty sure that they upgraded somebody at the gate gut wouldn't know anything about who it was... Where are you sitting?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
4 gate upgrades....PM, PM, FO, FO.... Not sure what happened but a DM was in the back. Did you wait for the UG or just board when zone 1 was called? If you just boarded or SDCed to that flight I'm guessing that is why you were passed up
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
4 gate upgrades....PM, PM, FO, FO.... Not sure what happened but a DM was in the back. Did you wait for the UG or just board when zone 1 was called? If you just boarded or SDCed to that flight I'm guessing that is why you were passed up
If the DM SDCed, he should have jumped ahead of the PMs & FOs unless they were on Y fares and he was not. So the questions are: what # was he on the UG list and did he board before gate upgrades were cleared?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SeaClay007
If the DM SDCed, he should have jumped ahead of the PMs & FOs unless they were on Y fares and he was not. So the questions are: what # was he on the UG list and did he board before gate upgrades were cleared?
Not necessarily....if the DM SDCed after UGs had been cleared the DM wouldn't have been upgraded since there would have been zero seats.

Whenever I see this I typically think it either a) was an SDC after UGs were cleared when GA opened flight b) DM boarded with Zone 1, GA didnt walk onto to plane to UG and just cleared the waiting FOs who refused to board until they were certain F boarded full c) DM was on PNR with another person thus inhibiting the UG.

It would be interesting to know what happened. I'm thinking it was an SDC because the UGs were processed how they should have been based on the UG list, just that the DM wasn't upgraded and obviously would have trumped the others if they were on the UG list the whole time when UGs started clearing. Odd there were so few elites on the flight today....only a couple other elites missed the UG today (FOs).
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:16 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
If the DM boarded and was not UG'd before another medallion, I give kudos to the GA for UG'ing according to DL's policies. We can discuss whether or not this policy is fair, but the point is, DL has a policy and should follow it. Sounds like they did, which is great.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:26 am

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Maybe I'm dumb, but who/what is Sheena? She doesn't seem very friendly . I checked the glossary and didn't see anything. Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JimboM1391
Maybe I'm dumb, but who/what is Sheena? She doesn't seem very friendly . I checked the glossary and didn't see anything. Thanks!
Shena...nigans. Mostly commonly used to describe a scenario where it is believed that upgrades were not processed according to policy.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by msuroo
Shena...nigans. Mostly commonly used to describe a scenario where it is believed that upgrades were not processed according to policy.
Ahh... Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by msuroo
Well..

IMHO it's often used because "I deserve an upgrade" even if you were just outranked
Old Apr 21, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
Not necessarily....if the DM SDCed after UGs had been cleared the DM wouldn't have been upgraded since there would have been zero seats.
^^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.