Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: Skyteam
only VP? You should have said you know the CEO!
Old May 18, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
The non-rev who was promised that last BE seat was sent home crying or had to fly coach; that is the real victim here.
Old May 18, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles (Silver), UA Mileage Plus, US Scareways, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by DLATL777
The non-rev who was promised that last BE seat was sent home crying or had to fly coach; that is the real victim here.
Where does it ever mention a non-rev in the OP's post? You seem to have a lot of hate for non-revs as well as DL's International Upgrade policy...if you don't like it, buy the M (or other) fare or switch to another airline. There's no point in opening up the "non-rev can of worms" as it's usually a very easy way to get a thread locked.

OP, I forgot to add this to my original post: I would submit a TTU.

DL757ATL
Old May 18, 2011, 4:24 pm

I would be 100% mad at the FA who caved. Mr. DYKWIA played and won and deserved what he got. Now, they SHOULD have given him a kick in the rear, but since they rewarded his behavior he wins, and will do it again. Can't blame him. Can't blame the dog for begging at the table after you feed him from it.
Old May 18, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by DL757ATL
Where does it ever mention a non-rev in the OP's post? You seem to have a lot of hate for non-revs as well as DL's International Upgrade policy...if you don't like it, buy the M (or other) fare or switch to another airline. There's no point in opening up the "non-rev can of worms" as it's usually a very easy way to get a thread locked.

OP, I forgot to add this to my original post: I would submit a TTU.

DL757ATL
Oh, see I think you have way oversimplified the problem. First of all, I do buy my M fares except when the flight is operated by an old ratty 763. I would never pay for such an awful business class product.

Secondly, and this is the key, its not a Delta specific problem, its a US legacy problem. For some reason, US airlines believe that filling their premium cabins with employees is the best way to keep in tact the privacy, privilege, and incentive for those who actually want to pay for their products. Fortunately, the products that the majority of US carriers offer are so awful compared to what are offered by international legacies, it often does not matter anyway and nonrevs can continue enjoying the good life.

Finally, I will never pay for business or first internationally on a US legacy when I know I could pay the same price, if not even pay a little more, and fly the likes of much better carriers who offer not only better service, seats, and food, but who also do not fill their cabins with employees and consequently the cabin is often half full, the *active* employees more attentive, and the cabin retains that exclusive feel that this FTer still believes an international premium cabin should. Delta, and other US legacies, have turned their international premium cabins into non-rev parties. I would gladly pay delta a premium for my business class ticket if I knew that the cabin would remain at the load I view on the seatmap 1 hours prior to departure, and for those individuals who have had to endure a 763ER flight in J and had that empty seat next to them suddenly filled at boarding, know exactly what I am talking about.

Again, I am not attacking Delta policy only, but all US legacies. Opinion is opinion, and I will continue to vote with my wallet.
Old May 18, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Hey!

All he did was what we all preach you should do here. He didn't like the first response so he went to another employee until he got what he wanted. Instead of calling back a clueless agent, he went to another FA.

Hat's off.
Old May 18, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: Delta FO
You never know.

The guy may have purchased/swu'd a BE seat for his original flight.
Old May 18, 2011, 5:43 pm

Upgrading bad behavior

Good idea on how to handle those pesky FAs that insist on following the rules, we should all try it next time we don't get an upgrade. Did you ask dykwia what his strategy was if all of the FAs said no, ask the captain?

Caving will only reinforce the bad behavior and promote others to try it.
Old May 19, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Shuttle Shena?

Was on the last BOS-LGA Shuttle flight of the day Wednesday evening. GIDS said I was 4th on the upgrade list for one seat, but I wasn't paying much attention -- it was a short flight and was relatively empty in the back.

When I handed the agent my boarding pass, the machine beeped and printed out a receipt, like I had been cleared to F. The agent ripped the receipt off the machine, crumpled it in her hands, and said "Sorry about that, thanks for flying the Shuttle!"

Shena?
Old May 19, 2011, 11:34 pm

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Exclamation

Yeah probably.

Happened to me once at LAX. Heard the beep and saw the printoout. GA didn't make any motions to do anything so I asked " Did I clear"?
I did but for some reason she wasn't going to inform me of that!
Lazy?
Shena?
These GA's need to be more accountable for their actions.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
I have never won a battlefield upgrade before, so I am not so clear on the procedure. Shouldn't delta.dumb's "Account Activity" reflect the class flown? If you see "v" in your history, that means Shena showed up.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, DL DM MM. National Exec... and my CC qualified for Plat. Status!
I love that she has a nickname now!

Anybody interested in a shirt that says, "got Shena?"

Old May 20, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
In Yiddish, Shena means beautiful. In Hebrew, it means God's gift. Appropriate nickname?
Old May 20, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: DL GM
I think it might be something to do with the shuttle route. I've had similar happen (on flights where I am nowhere near the top of the list) and then noticed a relatively decent sized pile of slips, so I doubt that each time that thing prints there is an upgrade.
Old May 20, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I had that happen to me on an LGA-BOS Shuttle flight a couple of years ago. When I scanned my Y BP, something came out of the reader, but the GA took it away so fast I had no chance to respond. Up until the point I had boarded GIDS did not show anyone cleared for F. For such a short flight, I decided not to worry about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.