Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Zorak
I thought there was a checkbox at OLCI now to say you only want a C+ upgrade if it's an aisle or window? Was that just a trial run and they didn't end up rolling it out to everyone, or...?
Interested in this question as well. I have not experienced this but have heard others have.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:57 pm

I thought there was a checkbox at OLCI now to say you only want a C+ upgrade if it's an aisle or window? Was that just a trial run and they didn't end up rolling it out to everyone, or...?
My understanding was that the aisle/window option only was available at OLCI if you have automatic C+ upgrades deselected in your profile.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by apodo77
They would still show up on the app and GIDS as upgraded, right, before declining the upgrade?
Unless you are thinking the GA called them up to inform then they would be in a middle C+ seat and they declined. Or maybe all 3 went to the GA and declined the middle seat upgrade (never mind the other two seats were 10 and 11 on the aisle).
Odds of this happening are less than me getting an upgrade on an ATL-PBI flight IMO.
Agent still ask as unless passenger goes and manages the selection online they'll be marked as wanting to upgrade.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:22 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I check that box and have appeared on the list anyway, but have never gotten a middle seat.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:23 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
My understanding was that the aisle/window option only was available at OLCI if you have automatic C+ upgrades deselected in your profile.
This is consistent with my experience. I do SDC a lot so I end up in regular main cabin pretty frequently at checkin. I have automatic C+ upgrades deselected, and I always get asked if I want a middle at OLCI.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:53 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pvn
I check that box and have appeared on the list anyway, but have never gotten a middle seat.
Ah, well scratch that theory then.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:48 pm

Might anyone be able to tell me how two standby passengers could receive Delta One upgrades in front of two passengers on the upgrade list?

On the flight from LAX-JFK, all settled so that there were 3 Delta One seats available for upgrade. To give you a sense of who might be at the top of the list, I wasn't top 3 even though I'm diamond and was applying a RUC.

The standbys couldn't be SDC, as SDC would automatically be assigned the seat vs. being put on standby.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:49 pm

Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by enoscabell
Might anyone be able to tell me how two standby passengers could receive Delta One upgrades in front of two passengers on the upgrade list?

On the flight from LAX-JFK, all settled so that there were 3 Delta One seats available for upgrade. To give you a sense of who might be at the top of the list, I wasn't top 3 even though I'm diamond and was applying a RUC.

The standbys couldn't be SDC, as SDC would automatically be assigned the seat vs. being put on standby.
What's the date and flight number?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:31 pm

11/5 2359
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:56 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
11/5 2359
Looks like 2 confirmed D1 pax without seat assignments. They'll appear on the standby list just like any basic economy ticket and will turn blue once their seats are assigned. No non-revs in D1.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Not if the only seats available are blocked, as has happened to me.

I will grant you that, I don't know how common that situation is though, so I'm not sure if this would often be the legitimate explanation, or if it is still more likely to be Shena.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I've done SDC without being assigned a seat.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sethb
I've done SDC without being assigned a seat.
Same here
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond

This happened to me a few weeks ago; DAL said it a confirmed D1 pax who just hadn't selected a seat when purchasing the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.