Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Longest upgrade list you've experienced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longest upgrade list you've experienced?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL FO MM, AA EXP MM, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
SEA is a tough one, missed MSP - SEA last Tuesday, mid day flight. First upgrage I have missed all year, no complaint, I got the seat I paid for
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:03 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by diamond_46
Can anyone explain why Delta does not offer FC upgrades to Hawaii? Who gets the seats if there are any FC unsold?
Because the flights are long enough that people and corporations will pay for it. Why should they give it away free when people will pay? You can upgrade on HI flight from K+ fares, which aren't particularly expensive.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
first off, what everyone is forgetting, is that any of the #'s mentioned here could also include non-elites.
Elites, companions of elites and some others.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, Hilton Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle Elite
I was 19/73 earlier last week on LAX-ATL as PM on H-fare...
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Talking

Originally Posted by Diamondkellen
As someone who lived in Atlanta for years 30's on some routes would be a victory, most ever seen was 74 and as a top status holder with AMEX I have been as low as 17 on a list before that mens there were 16 other diamonds ahead of me and who knows how man behind. Just another reason why delta needs to stop giving people MQM without flying, it would clean up alot of this mess
You are totally right. Delta has devalued the true meaing of the term "elite." My boss uses his AmEx card for everything in the business (even though its personal) and racks up MQM's left and right. But here is the catch he only flies a couple times a year.

I love my Delta but they have totally devalued the Skymiles program by shelling out MQM's left and right with Amex. It ends up creating horrific upgrade lists. I think if they are going to keep this up then they really need to rank people...the true earned flying elite or at least Diamond/Platinum should get preference over credit card earned elite status. That's just my thought. Getting sliver elite isn't much of a trick if you take one or two trans cons mixed in with something else in a year.

Just my thought...
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by diamond_46
Can anyone explain why Delta does not offer FC upgrades to Hawaii? Who gets the seats if there are any FC unsold?
Delta doesn't give out Elite upgrades on that route. Traditionally they are filled by the bluehairs that use their credit card points for their freebie trip every once in a while. Or if there are any open seats, the will sell them off at gate check in, provided you have purchased a certain letter class of ticket. But funny enough, if nobody steps up to buy the upgrade, then they will let the seat fly empty instead of giving a cheap ticket fler the chance to buy it. I see the logic, but not the business sense. They could still be sucking an extra couple hundred bucks out of someone.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, Hilton Diamond
This morning I was #10 of 48 as a DM on my ATL-SJU segment.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:08 pm
Taz

Programs: DL PM
Right now I'm #2 of 7 for 7 seats on 1829 tomorrow. I'm guessing that as a lowly FO on a T fare, by the time we actually go I'll be enjoying my cozy seat in coach. But I'm still going to ask if first has boarded full before I get on though.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
longest I have ever seen was 84 for UG and 127 for standby on an ORD-ATL flight on a particularly annoying weather day. Something about a funnel cloud on the airport grounds...
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by kinghw
This morning I was #10 of 48 as a DM on my ATL-SJU segment.
to SJU?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA, EXP. DL, DM 1MM. HHonors, Diamond. Hertz, PC. National, EE.
9 out of 82 yesterday. DL 201 ATL - LAX. Coach was DM heavy, lots of clinking and muttering.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Originally Posted by Taz:17414645
Right now I'm #2 of 7 for 7 seats on 1829 tomorrow. I'm guessing that as a lowly FO on a T fare, by the time we actually go I'll be enjoying my cozy seat in coach. But I'm still going to ask if first has boarded full before I get on though.
Don't count on them answering you correctly, you'll board and see that only 2 people are in first. Just happened to me last Thursday
Old Nov 14, 2011, 5:11 am

Programs: DL DM
DL 1440 SLC-MSP 11/14/11

45 out of 58 for 2 seats.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
First time not getting upgraded at DM - even on a K fare I was 12/70....sure it was ATL to LAX, but still.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors, Priority Club, Marriott, National, Avis
ATL-SLC Monday last week, 8:15am departure, 13 out of around 140 total on a 767. Flight was late, and the Dish TV wasn't working.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.