Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Longest upgrade list you've experienced?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Longest upgrade list you've experienced?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2011, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
In addition to the longest list, we should start a thread about the longest queue of gate lice. Now I want to see that!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by mnredfox
In addition to the longest list, we should start a thread about the longest queue of gate lice. Now I want to see that!
Yesterday on my bi-montly 77L LAX-ATL flight, INSANE amount of gate lice. At least half the plane was standing in the way when they called J boarding only.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Yesterday on my bi-montly 77L LAX-ATL flight, INSANE amount of gate lice. At least half the plane was standing in the way when they called J boarding only.
Worst gate lice situation for me on a regular basis is gate 13a or 23a (can't remember) for the LAX-JFK flights. It's a narrow corridor behind one of the restaurants/bars. Almost impossible to NOT be a gate louse if you want to board in zone 1.
Old May 25, 2011, 1:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A new low for me!

Monday 5/23 7:35 AM DL 1858 ATL-RDU on an MD-88. Total list was 56 people, I was 51st as a Silver on a U Fare. Quite the elite heavy route!
Old May 25, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
My longest that I recall was 64 on a flight from DC to SLC. I was number 40 or so as a Gold. I had no carryon and there was an empty seat (checked in, not boarded) in first class, so I waited until the end, watching myself move up and up on the list as those higher on the list boarded. One other person, a couple of slots higher than me tried the same thing, but she had a carryon, so caved earlier. I made it to the top and just as the GA was going to give me the seat a guy came running up, out of breath and red in the face. We thought he would have a heart attack. Just my luck, he was the first class seat. But he handed me two free drink coupons, for some reason, as we boarded, and I used them in my exit row seat, so it wasn't too bad. The only time I recall being the very last person to board a plane.
Old May 25, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA ExecP
While the list may not exceed 50, the upgrade chances for even a DM on the Thurs MSP-BOS run about 3%. GA last week told me nearly everyone in F was on P fares.
Old May 25, 2011, 3:28 pm

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
My worst was ATL - JFK. I was 85 out of 87.

The kind of day you are happy to have snagged that second exit row aisle seat.

I was FO at the time of course. Just laughed at the list and went to the SC.

Foo
Old May 25, 2011, 3:32 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
It's time to go back to unlimited upgrades for only PM and DM flyers And make all other levels use 500-mile segment upgrades.
Old May 25, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, UA Gold, AA Gold
My personal best: No. 1 out of 50-something for Flt 1655 ATL-LAX on 11/01, as Gold on Y-fare (SDC-ed into the flight). With 1 seat open, I was cleared when the GA scanned my BP.
Old May 25, 2011, 5:39 pm

Was doing LGA - CVG Thursdays on the 5:30 for several months. Can't remember the plane, but it certainly less than 150 pax. UL routinely ran into triple digits. As a gold, I was most often in the 60-70s.
Old May 25, 2011, 7:20 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, million miler
I was # 1 on a list of 44 people from MSP to STL a few weeks ago and got the upgrade! (I am Gold. Must be the expensive, last minute fare!)
Old May 26, 2011, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, PC Plat, HH Dia
It's just funny to read peoples stances... I remember routes like an MSP-SEA on a Monday morning back in the NWA days on a 753 where the UL was usually 50-70 deep. If you didn't get a P fare or (if available) a Y fare, you were a sitting duck for the next 3 1/2 hours. I mean at what point do you even show a list that is more than 10 people long? If you're waiting to clear at the gate, the V space is minimal and it's really just an insult.

But then again when the dilution promotions come out like the recent GM and PM programs, it really is just a joke. I guess it's just time to confirm those exit row and econ comfort seats and get used to them. I'll be booking a flight to DCA in the morning for next Tuesday on likely a B fare given the timing and I will .... myself if I clear an UG.

I guess it's just a reflection of the times. But hey, "travels down in these trying times" right?
Old May 26, 2011, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat (lifetime)
How about #9 out of 13..................as a DIAMOND . There was only one seat available,
Old May 27, 2011, 4:46 am

Programs: DL DM. EK Gold. UA1K. BA Silver. SPG Plat. HH. Diamond.
All i can say is i fly elite heavy routes, LAX/ATL, SFO/ATL,JFK/LAX and even though i see high numbers on the upgrade list, 9 out of 10 times i pass, and when i'm not on a paid F, i'm usually on a cheap fare. I have even cleared the list on award tickets, on the same routes, everytime but 1.
Old May 27, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Monday UG from LGA AA vs DL

Originally Posted by OCorSNA
Yeah unfortunately when everyone is special, no one is. Made to the switch to United to help you guys out! Did Delta ever bring back the warm towels?
Had to get back to midwest Monday from NYC so had a ticket on DL and AA (non Y) both bought about a week before departure. Did two because of different departures near end of day. I'm PM with Delta Reserve on DL and PLT on AA. Three days out upgraded on AA (LGA to ORD) and never got the UG from DL (LGA to MSP; although could have occurred at gate). Nonetheless, was a bit surprised I was doing better on AA than DL given status levels on each. My take is DL is probably elite too heavy and UG are tough especially as seats are cut per cut in flights. PTL on AA have a better shot than free upgrades because it costs you a sticker (paid) to upgrade so a lot of PTL will not on certain flights. Again my take. So I understand the UA switch and for me will probably book a few more AA flights and not sure I want to pay again for the Delta Reserve card when it comes up for renewal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.