FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Longest upgrade list you've experienced?
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:23 pm
skipmco

Programs: DL Platinum
Talking

Originally Posted by Diamondkellen
As someone who lived in Atlanta for years 30's on some routes would be a victory, most ever seen was 74 and as a top status holder with AMEX I have been as low as 17 on a list before that mens there were 16 other diamonds ahead of me and who knows how man behind. Just another reason why delta needs to stop giving people MQM without flying, it would clean up alot of this mess
You are totally right. Delta has devalued the true meaing of the term "elite." My boss uses his AmEx card for everything in the business (even though its personal) and racks up MQM's left and right. But here is the catch he only flies a couple times a year.

I love my Delta but they have totally devalued the Skymiles program by shelling out MQM's left and right with Amex. It ends up creating horrific upgrade lists. I think if they are going to keep this up then they really need to rank people...the true earned flying elite or at least Diamond/Platinum should get preference over credit card earned elite status. That's just my thought. Getting sliver elite isn't much of a trick if you take one or two trans cons mixed in with something else in a year.

Just my thought...