Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston BOS Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Got the same email for DTW. Too bad it's only valid for one visit. I'm connecting in DTW about 4 times in that period
Old Apr 14, 2010, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Got it as well. Nice touch and will be there tomorrow although I'm all set with the AXP Plat.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by jsgoldbe
Or, perhaps PAID SC membership is dropping off, perhaps impacted by the complementary DM SC entry and AMEX DL Reserve SC entry.
I haven't renewed and taking a wait and see approach with the DSCs. If I need, I can still access for $25 and my DL AmEx.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:35 am

BOS sky club

I am flying out of BOS this evening, from gate A1. Since the sky club is in the satellite terminal, is it worth walking over there for an hour or so? I assume there are just snacks and drinks... no real food?

The terminal map shows a Continental in the non-satellite terminal, so I may try getting in with PriorityPass, even though I'm flying DL.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by dmel
I am flying out of BOS this evening, from gate A1. Since the sky club is in the satellite terminal, is it worth walking over there for an hour or so? I assume there are just snacks and drinks... no real food?

The terminal map shows a Continental in the non-satellite terminal, so I may try getting in with PriorityPass, even though I'm flying DL.
One of the nicest in the domestic system IMO. Easy walk with moving walkways through the tunnel..I would do it.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Plus some of the absolute finest SkyClub personnel in the DL system!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by FLYPWM
+1000
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by avidflyer
One of the nicest in the domestic system IMO. Easy walk with moving walkways through the tunnel..I would do it.
Originally Posted by FLYPWM
Thanks - I will plan on going to the SkyClub!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: DL DM, Starwood Plat
It is a modern club and was very comfortable the few times I've been through.

They Sam Adams on tap at the bar. The only drawback is that it is not a self service bar. But all the employees I've interacted with there have been excellent.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Definitely take a walk there... its very nice, comfortable, and quiet.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 1:12 pm

And a great view of the tarmac! ^
Old Aug 23, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
Great club and a great staff.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by dmel

As a general note, you mentioned possibly going to the CO Presidents Club. As someone who has been a P Club member for many years and a SC member for the past few, IMO the SCs overall have better food and are better values than are the PCs. I'm always surprised to hear the complaints about the SC in this forum when, again IMHO and based on my experiences with both clubs, the average SC is much superior to the average PC.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
As a general note, you mentioned possibly going to the CO Presidents Club. As someone who has been a P Club member for many years and a SC member for the past few, IMO the SCs overall have better food and are better values than are the PCs. I'm always surprised to hear the complaints about the SC in this forum when, again IMHO and based on my experiences with both clubs, the average SC is much superior to the average PC.
I'm in the SC now (and yes, it's very nice, and the employees are very friendly). Before I walked over here, I went into the P Club to check it out, and I agree with your assessment. It's more cramped and the snack selection was not as good [although I did grab a Walkers Shortbread for the long trek to SC ;-)].

The SC at BOS really is nice... ample space in the "business center" with ethernet cords at each carrel, and *very comfortable chairs*. I haven't checked out the bar or snacks yet +1 for Sam Adams on tap (JFK SC near gate 12 didn't have any draft beers)!

I have a pretty heavy non-wheeled carry-on with me, though, and the moving sidewalk isn't working for the return. C'est la vie.

Last edited by dmel; Aug 23, 2011 at 3:38 pm Reason: comment about the chairs and bar
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL PM / MM, Nat'l EE
also one of the few skyclubs with mimosas available!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.