Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metoo
thanks, I am short of Marriott points for the hotel and airfare combo deal with Marriot. Thus I need the biz card. I have not had this b4 but had the personal Marriott.

Do I have a good chance of being approved for Marriot biz card if I state one year in biz and zero revenue or best to state 2 years and several hundred dollars revenue?
Huh? You're in the Credit Crad forum (not the Chase forum), and you're in a thread about the Alaska Airlines card from BofA, and you were previously asking about 2/3/4 rule which applies to BofA cards.

So why are you now asking about a Marriott card from Chase in this Alaska Airlines card thread?

You were previously talking about applying for an Alaska card, and I was asking if you really needed a personal Alaska card or could you use a business Alaska card instead (not what kind of Marriott card you needed). I just thought it didn't need saying in an Alaska Airlines card thread that i was specifically asking about what kind of Alaska card you need.

Here is the thread about applying for Chase cards:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...17-onward.html

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 28, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Huh? You're in the Credit Crad forum (not the Chase forum), and you're in a thread about the Alaska Airlines card from BofA, and you were previously asking about 2/3/4 rule which applies to BofA cards.

So why are you now asking about a Marriott card from Chase in this Alaska Airlines card thread?

You were previously talking about applying for an Alaska card, and I was asking if you really needed a personal Alaska card (not what kind of Marriott card you needed). I just thought it didn't need saying in an Alaska Airlines card thread that i was specifically asking about what kind of Alaska card you need.

Here is the thread about applying for Chase cards:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...17-onward.html
I like to apply for both Biz cards. Alaska as I depleted 140k points for Qantas first class (2 tickets) and Marriot biz as I am short on points.

Never had Marriot Biz b4. In fact, last Chase application was April 2016.

I had the Alaska biz October 2016 but canceled in June 2017. I have an active Alaska Personal from October 2017
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metoo
I like to apply for both Biz cards. Alaska as I depleted 140k points for Qantas first class (2 tickets) and Marriot biz as I am short on points.

Never had Marriot Biz b4. In fact, last Chase application was April 2016.

I had the Alaska biz October 2016 but canceled in June 2017. I have an active Alaska Personal from October 2017
Well, then apply for the Alaska biz and you should be fine with 2/3/4, because we have no record of BofA denying biz cards because of 2/3/4. If if you look a few posts above, you'll see someone just got denied for "too many accounts" for an Alaska personal card, then turned around and applied for a business Alaska card and was approved. So there may more than just 2/3/4 that BofA doesn't check on biz card applications but does check on personal card applications.

But please head to the above-linked thread for any Chase application questions you have. This is not the right thread to discuss Chase applications. Thanks.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:26 pm

Well, then apply for the Alaska biz and you should be fine with 2/3/4, because we have no record of BofA denying biz cards because of 2/3/4. If if you look a few posts above, you'll see someone just got denied for "too many accounts" for an Alaska personal card, then turned around and applied for a business Alaska card and was approved. So there may more than just 2/3/4 that BofA doesn't check on biz card applications but does check on personal card applications.

But please head to the above-linked thread for any Chase application questions you have. This is not the right thread to discuss Chase applications. Thanks.

Oops , sorry , this is the Alaska Airlines thread.

Approved for the B of A Alaska Biz card .

Last edited by metoo; Mar 2, 2018 at 7:33 am
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by honores41
Can I have more than one Alaska business card and still earn the bonus?
If you meant, can you apply for another one while having one open:

Some people can and some people can't. We can't tell you which one you are.

If you want to try to have two, try applying for the second one and see if you're approved or denied. (Be ready for either to happen.)

If you want the best chance of getting approved, lower your credit limit, then wait at least until the lower credit limit shows online, and then cancel the existing card.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by honores41
Can I have more than one Alaska business card and still earn the bonus?
If you are approved for the card, you will get the bonus (even if you have earned a bonus for this card previously).
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum
Applied for the Alaska business card last night and went to pending. I put $0 sales, started last month based on input in this thread.

I have had a BoA checking account for the last 10 years. No new personal cards with any issuer since July 2016.

At this point do I just wait it out and hope they approve? I don’t mind calling, but would like to know beforehand if I should expect to get grilled about the details of my “business”.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by NYCroots
Applied for the Alaska business card last night and went to pending. I put $0 sales, started last month based on input in this thread.

I have had a BoA checking account for the last 10 years. No new personal cards with any issuer since July 2016.

At this point do I just wait it out and hope they approve? I don’t mind calling, but would like to know beforehand if I should expect to get grilled about the details of my “business”.
I applied for the biz card last week with $0 revenue, biz started this year. (Never had any BoA accounts of any sort til I was approved for the personal Visa Signature last week right before applying for the biz card.) It went to pending, and I waited instead of calling in. Yesterday, I got a letter in the mail stating that they need additional info to process so I just called in and spoke with a rep. He said they need proof of business ownership/authorization to borrow, to which I said I'm a sole prop (in NY) and that I did not file any legal structure with the state. He said that I would need to file a fictitious name certificate (I wasn't sure I heard that right until I Googled it to confirm) and provide that to them. In addition, they require 2 years of personal tax returns when I said I don't have any business tax statements since I just started the biz.

I don't know if I want to file a fictitious name certificate and send my personal tax returns in for the last 2 years in the hopes that they'll approve me.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PP212
I applied for the biz card last week with $0 revenue, biz started this year. (Never had any BoA accounts of any sort til I was approved for the personal Visa Signature last week right before applying for the biz card.) It went to pending, and I waited instead of calling in. Yesterday, I got a letter in the mail stating that they need additional info to process so I just called in and spoke with a rep. He said they need proof of business ownership/authorization to borrow, to which I said I'm a sole prop (in NY) and that I did not file any legal structure with the state. He said that I would need to file a fictitious name certificate (I wasn't sure I heard that right until I Googled it to confirm) and provide that to them. In addition, they require 2 years of personal tax returns when I said I don't have any business tax statements since I just started the biz.

I don't know if I want to file a fictitious name certificate and send my personal tax returns in for the last 2 years in the hopes that they'll approve me.
Did you apply giving your name as the business name, your address as the business address, and your phone number as the business phone number?

I don't understand how they could ask you to apply for a fictitious name certificate if it's your real name?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:00 pm

Did you apply giving your name as the business name, your address as the business address, and your phone number as the business phone number?

I don't understand how they could ask you to apply for a fictitious name certificate if it's your real name?
Yes, I did all of the above. They want to see proof of incorporation or some kind of structure...it's not enough for me to just state it even though there's no requirement to have it filed. So the rep said the best way for me to do that as a sole prop would be to file for a fictitious name certificate and send that to them.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:06 pm

Yes, I did all of the above. They want to see proof of incorporation or some kind of structure...it's not enough for me to just state it even though there's no requirement to have it filed. So the rep said the best way for me to do that as a sole prop would be to file for a fictitious name certificate and send that to them.
I am in NY and had the same issue with them couple of weeks ago and they wont budge. They either wanted incorporation papers (not required in NY if own name) or 2 years of personal income taxes. I tried couple of times but could not get them to change their mind. I even even asked if I could get a secured card by opening a CD or something else. Their response was that they will still need those documents. I just gave up at that point as I was not going to send in my personal income tax returns.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:46 pm

Applied for an Alaska Airlines Business credit card. I had a BOA personal checking account and a Travel rewards card for many years. No other Alaska Airlines cards. Do not want to apply for personal card as I am waiting to apply for a Chase card. Application went to pending. Got a letter asking for business documents.

Called reconsideration line but the rep insisted me to send business documents. Explained no income, new business etc. then said personal tax documents are ok. Faxed two times and they said did not receive it. Mailed copies of two years personal tax documents. Called three times and a total waste. Got another denial letter and reason not enough business history. So sending personal tax documents are a waste. They want to see the section filed with business income.

Just wasted a hard pull. I have no credit card applications in 2017. Income 90k and high credit score and now hit with a denial and hard inquiry. They did not even offer the CD option. I have good balance in my checking account but no use.

Last edited by Sam2014; Mar 7, 2018 at 7:53 pm Reason: add
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:53 pm

Any recent data points on what bureau BoA (FIA Card Services?) is pulling for business apps? TransUnion is still the main one?

I was getting ready to apply for a business Alaska card after getting laughed at by BoA for my recent personal app for "too many recent accounts". All these denials above are making me reconsider, but if I could limit the damage of a potential deny to a HP on TransUnion then I might go for it still.

Makes me laugh how Alaska was THE churning card, and I have never churned a card in my life, yet I am potentially gonna get nothing out of these cards at all presumably due to the "new" BoA clamping down... I know I am not a special snowflake, but I even have had a mortgage, checking/savings, my oldest credit card (13+ year history) with them, etc. Just amusing.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by jiaogulan
Any recent data points on what bureau BoA (FIA Card Services?) is pulling for business apps? TransUnion is still the main one?

I was getting ready to apply for a business Alaska card after getting laughed at by BoA for my recent personal app for "too many recent accounts". All these denials above are making me reconsider, but if I could limit the damage of a potential deny to a HP on TransUnion then I might go for it still.

Makes me laugh how Alaska was THE churning card, and I have never churned a card in my life, yet I am potentially gonna get nothing out of these cards at all presumably due to the "new" BoA clamping down... I know I am not a special snowflake, but I even have had a mortgage, checking/savings, my oldest credit card (13+ year history) with them, etc. Just amusing.
They pulled TU for my biz app.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:50 pm

They pulled TU for my biz app.
Thanks. I'll report back if I go for it.

I'd love to get some Alaska miles, but trusty AA miles (and AMEX MR points, and Delta miles for that matter) are so much easier to get, even if they cost much more to redeem. I do international business class awards between the US and Asia mostly, so they aren't awful programs, compared to maybe if I needed miles for domestic USA awards or awards to Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.