Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
Before applying, please note
B of A's restrictions (2-3-4 rule, UPDATED: as of Sept 28,2019 possibly 3/12 for new customers and 7/12 for existing customers. See thread for ongoing discussion) on approving applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...24-months.html

Nestled in the terms and conditions of all of the personal Alaska Airlines credit card offers:
"This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product."

More info on the COMPANION FARE cert can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-fare-faq.html

This thread is a continuation from THIS discussion (2012-2016)
Concurrent discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...017-later.html

As additional resources for these cards, see the following threads in the Alaska Airlines forum
Please do not delete non working offers because sometimes they start working again. Instead move them to the prior offers section.

PERSONAL CARDS

Current offers:
All offers below are DEAD
72K offer
: 72K offer
70K offer: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
70K + $100 statement credit: click on the direct link to offer in the DoC article...https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-...0-miles-offer/

Prior offers:
50k miles + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend (Live Jan 2021 to May 2021)
40k miles + $100 + companion fare, $75 AF, $2k spend

As of December 2018, Bank of America no longer gives you a lower bonus if you're approved for Platinum instead of Signature.

Make sure to opt-in to "Partner Offers" within your Mileage Plan account if you wish to be targeted for single-use application links with increases bonuses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check Personal Card application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

Personal card Recon Lines:
1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"
or 888-230-6262

================================================== =======================

BUSINESS CARDS

Current offers:
Now 50k $95 AF $100 Stmt credit $4k spending https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...-business-card

Prior offers:
40K>70K

Read post 844 for tips on being approved for the business card.
It may be easier to get approved for a new business with 0 years and $0 gross income.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

Business card Recon Line:
April 2024: BOA Biz Recon (Small Biz Lending, Credit Analyst) 888-782-7717, 888-569-4439 (M-F 8am-7pm EST), both answered by live human in 2-4 minutes. (Both numbers confirmed multiple times in the past 2-3 days.)
866-695-6598 (8-7pm EST M-F)
Biz card status line: 888 663 6262 (not working)
Biz Card credit analyst line: 888-782-7717
Biz card expedited shipping: wait 24 hours after approval for a card number to generate then call 800-901-9830 and a person will answer. If 1st Rep says "no" ask him/her to ck. with a supervisor. This worked for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Inquiries
Credit Inquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Inquiries for business cards come from FIA.
Credit bureaus usually merge inquiries from the same requester made on the same day.
Inquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

Does one have to call BoA to lower a card's credit limit?
Yes, there is no longer any way to contact BOA online. Phone is the only method currently.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.

Can you send a secure message through your account online?
No. BOA has removed the secure message functionality, even for Preferred members. The only way to contact BOA now is to call them.

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

.................................................. .................

Use or earn Mileage Plan miles with Alaska's Global Partners
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...tners-overview

Print Wikipost

Bank of America Alaska Airlines card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:33 am

I applied got 5 personal cards and 2 business in 2015/16 but denied in June 17 for multiple accounts reason. I did not apply again since then. Should I try again? Should I apply business and personal on same day?

Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mak101
I applied got 5 personal cards and 2 business in 2015/16 but denied in June 17 for multiple accounts reason. I did not apply again since then. Should I try again? Should I apply business and personal on same day?

Thanks.
Denied for which? Personal or business?

Anyway, are you aware of this recent policy:

which was made public in Oct 2017 (so seemingly after the last time you applied)?

For example, if you applied for 4 personal BofA cards since Feb 2016, you're not yet ready to apply for another without being denied for this 2/3/4 rule. (And I don't think we know how exactly they count back 2/12/24 months, ie by same day of month or the beginning of the month. So I'd allow some "safety margin".)

You have to calculate how far back you got each personal card to see if it's yet time (per these rules) for you to apply for another personal card. If not, it's only the business card you have a chance with.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:55 pm

Link for 30k+$100 credit seems dead: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594

Is there another working link for bonus+ credit? Much prefer that offer.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by invalyd
I got a denial for Alaska biz card (used name as biz name, $0 revenue, new business)
would like to solicit the $1500 CD offer. should I call recon or would the denial letter offer that option?
Called recon and they said the offer will come in the mail. Any way to fund the CD with a credit card?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frairtuck
Link for 30k+$100 credit seems dead: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/initialize-workflow.go?requesttype=ICAO&campaignid=4020594

Is there another working link for bonus+ credit? Much prefer that offer.
You should be able to find yourself if it still exists.

All of those $100 credit links originate from links that the Alaska Airlines website gives you while you're booking a flight online, before you have to make the last "purchase" step.

So go to Alaska's website and start making a booking, and look for a banner ad for the card, and stop if you don't see it before it asks you to commit to "purchase".
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Here's a working link w/ $100 statement credit
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...=861~carttest1
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Denied for which? Personal or business?

Anyway, are you aware of this recent policy:

which was made public in Oct 2017 (so seemingly after the last time you applied)?

For example, if you applied for 4 personal BofA cards since Feb 2016, you're not yet ready to apply for another without being denied for this 2/3/4 rule. (And I don't think we know how exactly they count back 2/12/24 months, ie by same day of month or the beginning of the month. So I'd allow some "safety margin".)

You have to calculate how far back you got each personal card to see if it's yet time (per these rules) for you to apply for another personal card. If not, it's only the business card you have a chance with.
So here is my history in 24 months
03/16 Personal
05/16 Buss
06/16 Personal
09/16 Buss
11/16 Personal

Total 5 (Personal + Business) in last 24 months, all are closed now. Can I try one personal and one business now?

Last edited by mak101; Feb 22, 2018 at 3:04 pm Reason: more information added
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I got the business card in the fall, with the 1500 CD, miles posted etc.
Any datapoints if it's possible to close card, and a few months later, reapply, and upon getting denied, relink it to the same CD to open another secured business card? (the CD is active until this fall), get the bonus again, then close again? I think the approval is almost a sure thing as long as you have the CD? Or is this so brazen that it wouldn't work even with Bank of America? :-) Perhaps they don't check very hard when it comes to approving secured cards?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:37 pm

If I've never had a BofA card of any kind before and want to apply for both the biz and personal cards on the same day, does it matter which I apply for first? I have excellent credit and very low utilization. TY in advance!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by PP212
If I've never had a BofA card of any kind before and want to apply for both the biz and personal cards on the same day, does it matter which I apply for first? I have excellent credit and very low utilization. TY in advance!
I would apply for the personal first; the reason: there is always the danger that you get "downgraded" from visa signature to the platinum, or whatever that's called -- so you'd get approved, credit pull and everything, and get a card, but no signup bonus miles. -- This (visa signature vs plat) has to do with the amount of credit they're willing to give you.
So - do the personal first; then business. Most likely the business will go to pending and you'll have to answer some questions. Often they reject you and you have to open it as a secured credit card.
They sometimes combine pulls I have heard, so you get only one hard pull despite the two accounts opened.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by augias84
I would apply for the personal first; the reason: there is always the danger that you get "downgraded" from visa signature to the platinum, or whatever that's called -- so you'd get approved, credit pull and everything, and get a card, but no signup bonus miles. -- This (visa signature vs plat) has to do with the amount of credit they're willing to give you.
So - do the personal first; then business. Most likely the business will go to pending and you'll have to answer some questions. Often they reject you and you have to open it as a secured credit card.
They sometimes combine pulls I have heard, so you get only one hard pull despite the two accounts opened.
Thanks! That was my thinking too. Appreciate it.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:36 pm

03/16 Personal
05/16 Buss
06/16 Personal
09/16 Buss
11/16 Personal

Total 5 (Personal + Business) in last 24 months, all are closed now. Can I try one personal and one business now?
does business cards count against 2/3/4 rule for new personal application and vise versa?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

does business cards count against 2/3/4 rule for new personal application and vise versa?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

03/16 Personal
05/16 Buss
06/16 Personal
09/16 Buss
11/16 Personal

You can "try" applying for any card at any time. No one's stopping you.

You seem to have 3, not 4, personal cards opened in the past 24 months, so you should be OK with 2/3/4. And you've closed all of them, so you should be OK on that. But did you reduce the credit limit on each card before you closed it? (If not, that's not necessarily OK for trying for a new personal card.)

But there are more issues with BofA than just denial! On the personal, you risk being approved for the Platinum (teeny tiny bonus, not 30k at all) if they give you less than $5k CL (whether it's because they feel you deserve a low CL, or just because they make a mistake !). There's no risk of that with the business card. So I personally would give priority to the business card, since if you're approved, you kmow you'll get 30k.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:44 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by invalyd
Here's a working link w/ $100 statement credit
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...=861~carttest1
I put this link on the wiki. But I don't how to make it clickable. Will someone please fix that?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.