Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Has anyone consolidated the credit line of this card with another Well Fargo credit card when closing the Propel World? I know that's basically standard procedure at Chase, but was hoping to hear reports regarding Wells Fargo.
I was offered the opportunity to do this but elected not to.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
I called an canceled the card August 2nd which was a Sunday af had not yet posted to the acct. noticed today the af did post with a date of July 31. Am I on the hook for the annual fee? I waited right up to the date so I could take advantage of using the $100 credit again.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:44 am

Data points.

Applied 4/27/15. Received 5/5/15. Met spend 5/6/15. *Finally* saw 40k points post 8/20/15.

That's 106 days (or 3 months and 2 weeks) of waiting.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 4:10 pm

Does anyone know if the Propel 365 AMEX uses the AMEX merchant classification system? Specifically, I know 7-11 purchases do not count as "gas" for AMEX cards but do for VISA/MC. Has anyone used the Propel 365 at 7-11 and gotten 3x because it was classified as "gas"?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by bartprz
Does anyone know if the Propel 365 AMEX uses the AMEX merchant classification system? Specifically, I know 7-11 purchases do not count as "gas" for AMEX cards but do for VISA/MC. Has anyone used the Propel 365 at 7-11 and gotten 3x because it was classified as "gas"?
The transactions are processed on the AMEX network, so yes, this AMEX card uses the AMEX merchant classification system
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by medellinfein
The transactions are processed on the AMEX network, so yes, this AMEX card uses the AMEX merchant classification system
I figured, thanks for the confirmation.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by patternseverywhere
Data points.

Applied 4/27/15. Received 5/5/15. Met spend 5/6/15. *Finally* saw 40k points post 8/20/15.

That's 106 days (or 3 months and 2 weeks) of waiting.
Yep. This card is just ridiculous, and I probably would have not applied had I known I would be growing old waiting for my bonus points to post. I applied on 5/15, received the card a week later, met spend, and it's now 8/28 and no bonus points.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:04 pm

Help!!!

After reading people here getting airline credit, $100, I purchased gift cards after AF was posted in my account. After the credit was posted in my account, I called and closed the account. The customer support promised to close account and waive or credit AF so there won't be a balance carried over. However, After two months, no credit is posted and I keep being charged for late fee and interest charges.

I was out of the U.S. for the past 7 months and just came back. I called today trying to figure out what happened. Then the customer service said I had transaction after AF was posted, which was the one for airline credit, $100, so he said I need to pay for AF regardless if it is closed now or not.

What are your cases here? Can anyone share what they did and if the account is closed without carrying over the balance of AF after using the airline credit?

If I refuse to pay for it, does that mean I will be reported to the credit agency which will impact my credit score?

Thanks for any feedback.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by cakelover
Help!!!

After reading people here getting airline credit, $100, I purchased gift cards after AF was posted in my account. After the credit was posted in my account, I called and closed the account. The customer support promised to close account and waive or credit AF so there won't be a balance carried over. However, After two months, no credit is posted and I keep being charged for late fee and interest charges.

I was out of the U.S. for the past 7 months and just came back. I called today trying to figure out what happened. Then the customer service said I had transaction after AF was posted, which was the one for airline credit, $100, so he said I need to pay for AF regardless if it is closed now or not.

What are your cases here? Can anyone share what they did and if the account is closed without carrying over the balance of AF after using the airline credit?

If I refuse to pay for it, does that mean I will be reported to the credit agency which will impact my credit score?

Thanks for any feedback.
Don't have a data point to offer you but my advice would be to pay what they say you owe and move on.

I don't agree with WF but at least you received a second $100 credit. Pay the fees and move on. Lesson learned for you and everyone else that WF is not very responsive to their customers.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by cakelover
Help!!!

Thanks for any feedback.
If you are 30 days past due from 1st missed payment then it has likely already been reported to CB's and your CS will take a big hit. Lesson #1 and #2...never believe what a CSR tells you and always check to make sure credit was properly issued.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by okiedokie123
So I waited a day after the official 1 year of account opening to purchase the 2nd $100 airline reimbursement, just like the few who posted earlier. It's been 4 days since then and it hasn't been credited. So YMMV on getting the credit before AF posts. You're much safer if you were to wait for AF to post, do the airline reimbursement, then request AF refund.
yep... YMMV. I bought an AA GC soon after my anniversary a couple weeks ago and the credit never appeared. I didn't buy the first GC right when I got the card but a couple months later during the same calendar year. That could possibly be why I didn't get the credit.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I'm now wondering whether I should include these 40k bonus points in my will as it's looking more and more as if I may reach the end of my natural existence before they post.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:38 am

Yeah, they do take forever to post. But, hey, essentially free $400+, I'll wait it out (nervously, haha).

As always, assume YMMV, but I purchased a $50 amazon GC from the United MPX app using this card and received a $50 statement credit for it.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 6:56 pm

Jesus its been 2 billing cycles and the points still haven't posted. WF is at the bottom of the credit card game.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:41 am

Cell Phone insurance

Originally Posted by anjeo
Has anyone put in a claim and received the benefit of this coverage? How what was the time line of the response ( terms say they have up to ten days to determine if they will repair or replace) ? Did they reimburse you directly or pay the repair service vendor?

Cellular Telephone Protection
Use your Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card to pay your monthly cellular telephone bill and get up to $600 protection (subject to a $25 deductible) at no extra cost against covered damage or theft of your cellular telephone. Protection is subject to a $25 deductible per claim and maximum benefit limit of $600 per occurrence. Protection covers eligible cellular telephones billed to your covered Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card, subject to a maximum of two claims per twelve-month period, for each Wells Fargo Consumer Credit Card account number.
I'm starting a claim due to water damage of a cell phone. They said my claim would be denied because they want to see not just that you pay each month's bill with the WF card, but they want to see an actual payment each calendar month. I've paid my bills with the WF Amex ever since I read this benefit, but I paid one bill in June, and two in August (1st and 31st) but they want to see a payment in July to cover my claim.

Anyone else have any experience making a claim?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.