Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by anjeo
Look under Earn Rewards, My Offers, and then Promotional Offers-Spend Threshold. The relationship bonus is found under earn rewards, my offers then click on the blue link for relationship bonus . Its approx. 13 months from the day you signed up that the 40k will be available to use.
Thanks for the info!

Found it as stated for Promotional Offers-Spend Threshold, then clicked on the link for the Introductory offer...

Congratulations! You have a pending bonus since you have met the total Net Purchases spend as of today.

Let's just hope it actually posts at the end of the 3 months.

Thanks again!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:59 am

Btw, just wondering.

For those buying $100 airline gift cards, what exactly have you found as a benefit for using them?

I read the T&C on a couple (AA, Delta) and there are so many restrictions.

Since most will be using points to fly...hence my question of getting these GCs.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:22 pm

Do serve loads count for minimum spend? Any recent data points?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:41 am

isn't best to apply for this card at the end of the year? That way we can get $100x3 airline credits:

-apply in november 2015, get card, spend $100 by end of the year
-spend $100 in 2016, annual fee hits nov 2016
-spend $100 in 2017, cancel before 90-day annual fee cancel period.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by kvs25
isn't best to apply for this card at the end of the year? That way we can get $100x3 airline credits:

-apply in november 2015, get card, spend $100 by end of the year
-spend $100 in 2016, annual fee hits nov 2016
-spend $100 in 2017, cancel before 90-day annual fee cancel period.
The credit is not per calendar year, but rather membership year. So you can spend the 2nd $100 only after the annual fee hits in Nov 2016. And the third $100 only after the annual fee hits in Nov 2017.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by michael_v
The credit is not per calendar year, but rather membership year. So you can spend the 2nd $100 only after the annual fee hits in Nov 2016. And the third $100 only after the annual fee hits in Nov 2017.
Not quite true. There are several reports upthread of getting the $100 credit slightly before the annual fee hits. Even then, it's possible to get that annual free back if one cancels quickly while still retaining the second credit.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Not quite true. There are several reports upthread of getting the $100 credit slightly before the annual fee hits. Even then, it's possible to get that annual free back if one cancels quickly while still retaining the second credit.
My point was: you cannot get three $100 credits by keeping this card for 1 year and 2 or 3 months.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:00 pm

Has anyone used this card for Southwest Earlybird Check-in and got the amount reimbursed ?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by INDFlyer
Has anyone used this card for Southwest Earlybird Check-in and got the amount reimbursed ?

Yes, I have used the card for SW EB and have been reimbursed. You can't use a SW GC for EB.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by michael_v
My point was: you cannot get three $100 credits by keeping this card for 1 year and 2 or 3 months.
I misread the post you responded to. You're definitely correct.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by luv2fly4free
@:-)
If you have some orphan points below 2,500 to redeem at standard award intervals (e.g. 2,500=$25 cash equivalent), here is an idea- DON'T just throw away the points. Even a single point has value. They allow you to buy gift cards and apply your small number of points at full value toward a gift card. For instance, you could apply 1,000 points toward a $25 merchant card and they will allow you to pay the remaining $15 with ANY credit card. So in the end, you still received your full $10 of value out of your points balance.

Many of you might already know this but for those that don't who are considering closing their account, make sure you get back the value of every last point you have have earned before closing your account.
Thanks for the tip. Placed an order for GC to empty reward balance.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by HappyKat
Yes, I have used the card for SW EB and have been reimbursed. You can't use a SW GC for EB.
Thank you HappyKat. I was planning to buy some Southwest GC but then i read that you can not use it for SW EB. I will use the credit card to pay fro the SW EB.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Tofe
with all the successful data points, I decided to purchase a $100 Delta GC. My annual fee has posted already. Hopefully the airline credit posts shortly.
Airline credit posted the very next day. A few weeks later I emptied out my rewards and cancelled the card. Now just waiting for the annual fee to be refunded. No retention offer.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:03 am

For those that are still waiting for the bonus 40k to post, my offer end date is next week and points still aren't showing available in my account. Still shows the "Congrats you have a bonus pending" message and also shows the 0/(0) side column. Will update next week to see if bonus points posts.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by robbierob03
Adding another data point - Annual fee billed 6/1
Bought $100 AA GC 6/13
Reimbursed today 6/16

I'll call and close the card tonight since there doesn't seem to be any retention bonuses.
Finally got around to calling in to close the card today (again with no retention offer), and was a little surprised that the banker couldn't post a fee credit for the $175 to bring my balance down to zero. I know the account closure is instant, but how long is it taking WF to credit back the annual fee?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.