Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2023, 4:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I don't want two Autograph cards. I'd prefer to have most (all?) of my Propel credit line transferred to the existing one.
According to this story those that already have an Autograph will get an Active Cash instead.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 11:21 am

I've transferred most of my Propel line of credit to my Autograph; after the final WF Propel points post to my account (both cards go into the same one), I'll opt out, canceling the card.
I'm assuming from this all three cards use the same points system, so for those of us with only the propel, the old points will stay in the same "new" ecosystem
Old Apr 12, 2023, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by ctle
I'm assuming from this all three cards use the same points system, so for those of us with only the propel, the old points will stay in the same "new" ecosystem
Yes - both my Propel and Autograph post points to the same shared rewards account.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 7:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Have the WF Propel $0 AF (used to be the $175 version many years ago!) and the WF Active Cash.

Anticipating the Propel to be changed into the Autograph, I went ahead and applied for an Autograph to secure the SUB.
Figured once WF pushed the conversion thru, I would not be eligible for the SUB.

So now I have all 3. Will be interesting to see what they do.

I might just proactively cancel the Propel and move the CL over to the Active Cash.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by ctle
Yes, but the Autograph was originally assigned a separate rewards account. A nightmare having that resolved involving transfer between several reps for over an hour.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 8:33 am

Yes, but the Autograph was originally assigned a separate rewards account. A nightmare having that resolved involving transfer between several reps for over an hour.
I didn't have that issue when I added my Autograph. Was attached to the existing rewards account without any problems.

Last edited by cjw2001; Apr 14, 2023 at 11:30 am
Old Jun 13, 2023, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by cjw2001
From what I could find via Google searches, some of the Propels are being converted to Active Cash. Not sure what criteria they are using to decide but already having an Autograph would be an obvious indicator to do an Active Cash. Also saw one post that said the change is being done in batches of 100,000 accounts at a time. I've not yet heard anything about a change so likely wasn't included in the recent batch. Probably will hear something in the next month or so.
As anticipated, since I already have the Autograph, I finally got a notification in the mail today that my Propel will be converted to the Active Cash effective August 9, 2023.

The notification packet included the new card agreement, Wells Fargo Reward Program Terms and Conditions, and the Visa Card Guide to Benefits. You can reject the changes and terminate the current Propel up to August 4, 2023. The new physical card will be sent later and will be received by the end of September. The old physical card will be deactivated on October 20, 2023.

Conversion FAQ web site for this batch of conversions: https://sites.wf.com/aug1-propel-move-faq-AC/

Last edited by cjw2001; Jun 16, 2023 at 8:47 am Reason: added physical card deactivation date
Old Jun 14, 2023, 11:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by jtav559
I might just proactively cancel the Propel and move the CL over to the Active Cash.
Update - went ahead and called WF to close out Propel and move CL over, ahead of this auto closing they are doing later this summer.
I didn't want to potentially lose CL since I already had 1 of each of the available Visas open - was anticipating them not opening up a replacement account since I already had them.

Agents were helpful to do this process, their term "close and combine". Took 10 minutes, pretty easy.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 2:32 pm

I am now seeing conversion notice to Autograph as text-bubble in App. Have not received any mail communication yet. Do not have any other WF cards. Conversion is scheduled for Aug 7th.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by medellinfein
I am now seeing conversion notice to Autograph as text-bubble in App. Have not received any mail communication yet. Do not have any other WF cards. Conversion is scheduled for Aug 7th.
Interesting - my app says August 7, while the mailed notification says August 9. Pretty much all the same either way except for rewards earned on the card. I'll likely just hold off on any spending on the old Propel during the conversion window to be sure and spend on the Autograph instead.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 8:16 pm

Interesting - my app says August 7, while the mailed notification says August 9. Pretty much all the same either way except for rewards earned on the card. I'll likely just hold off on any spending on the old Propel during the conversion window to be sure and spend on the Autograph instead.
Yup, exact same here. Mailing said Aug 9th
Old Aug 10, 2023, 3:16 pm

Now that the conversion has happened I noticed a few things.

The Propel card has been removed from the web account interface entirely - doesn't currently appear to be possible to access old statements or history. Perhaps this is transitory and the history will get migrated to the replacement card. In any event I already have all my old statements downloaded so this isn't a huge deal for me but I could see this being an issue for those that didn't proactively do that.

A separate rewards account was created for the new replacement Active Cash separate from the rewards account that the Propel and Autograph previously shared. So far all my old points remain in the old rewards account (which is dominated in points) and the new rewards account is dominated in dollars and shows a $0 balance. Seems silly to me to have separate rewards accounts but whatever...
Old Aug 11, 2023, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
This happened to me; they created a new rewards account when I opened the Autograph. After an hour on the phone, speaking to several reps, the final person merged them immediately.
YMMV
Old Aug 12, 2023, 9:02 am

Now that the conversion has happened I noticed a few things.

The Propel card has been removed from the web account interface entirely - doesn't currently appear to be possible to access old statements or history. Perhaps this is transitory and the history will get migrated to the replacement card. In any event I already have all my old statements downloaded so this isn't a huge deal for me but I could see this being an issue for those that didn't proactively do that.

A separate rewards account was created for the new replacement Active Cash separate from the rewards account that the Propel and Autograph previously shared. So far all my old points remain in the old rewards account (which is dominated in points) and the new rewards account is dominated in dollars and shows a $0 balance. Seems silly to me to have separate rewards accounts but whatever...
Today it looks like they sucked 12000 points out of the original rewards account and put $120 in the new rewards account. Not sure it really matters as the redemption options appear to be the same in both rewards accounts. Also an option to transfer between accounts pops up when going into redemption options. Silly complications.
Points Scrounger likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.