Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 1:52 am

How long did some of you wait for your 40,000 bonus on the Propel to post after statement close?
My statement closed 4 days ago and only spend miles posted, but no bonus. I have searched this thread but have not found any reference to posting time. Thanks
Old May 31, 2015, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by nonstopski
1. So, I went ahead and called Wells Fargo today about my $100 credit. They said I had used $93 of it, which is true for my first year.

I asked her when the fee would be replenished... and she said in the "12th month" AKA December, according to her, which seems completely wrong based on what everyone is saying here. I opened my card on 5/8/14.

Part of me just wants to buy a $25 gift card and see what happens.

2. Does anyone know if everyones been successful with buying an American Airlines Air gift card with this $100 reimbursement?
I bought AA eGC on 05/11. Posted on 05/13 and received credit on 05/13.
Old May 31, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Has anyone attempted retention bonuses with this card?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by travelfreaks
How long did some of you wait for your 40,000 bonus on the Propel to post after statement close?
My statement closed 4 days ago and only spend miles posted, but no bonus. I have searched this thread but have not found any reference to posting time. Thanks
I met the spending before the statement period ending 4/23. Only spend points show on the WF website. Still not showing on the WF site, but thanks to info found on another forum, I went to the Wells Fargo Rewards website and found that the bonus points are pending. Look under Earn Rewards, My Offers, and then Promotional Offers-Spend Threshold. I found the following message:

Congratulations! You have a pending bonus since you have met the total Net Purchases spend as of today.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by HappyKat
I met the spending before the statement period ending 4/23. Only spend points show on the WF website. Still not showing on the WF site, but thanks to info found on another forum, I went to the Wells Fargo Rewards website and found that the bonus points are pending. Look under Earn Rewards, My Offers, and then Promotional Offers-Spend Threshold. I found the following message:

Congratulations! You have a pending bonus since you have met the total Net Purchases spend as of today.
Thanks, the offer is listed there but it shows 0/(0) earned. I do not have the pending bonus showing like you do. Do you remember how long after your 4/23 statement that it showed up? I might be impatient as my statement closed ~1 week ago, but I am use to bonuses posting at statement closing.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 8:46 pm

Thanks, the offer is listed there but it shows 0/(0) earned. I do not have the pending bonus showing like you do. Do you remember how long after your 4/23 statement that it showed up? I might be impatient as my statement closed ~1 week ago, but I am use to bonuses posting at statement closing.
I did not find out until May 23rd. They are definitely slow compared to the others.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by anagoree
I bought AA eGC on 05/11. Posted on 05/13 and received credit on 05/13.
I want to try with SW as my AF has been charged. I saw at least one got the credit, but others didn't. Do we know why yet?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by HappyKat
I did not find out until May 23rd. They are definitely slow compared to the others.
Thanks. I called them today. They show I've met the spend requirement, but say the bonus will not post until the 3 months are up for the offer, which is mid-August for me (talked to Supervisor who claimed same thing). I guess I will just wait and see
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
My mom's also closed on 5/27 and the 40K did not show up. Also does not show up as pending in the rewards website.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:19 am

Canceled yesterday with no retention offer. Was charged the fee on the first and just didn't want to deal with it anymore. Fee will be returned of course, and the card will stay open until it's paid off. So, we'll see if my $50 AA gift card will be credited or not. I'm strongly doubting it at this point (especially after canceling, that could change the rules).

EDIT: I bought the gift card on June 1, but it still hasn't showed up on my Wells Fargo statement/list of transactions online. Weirdly though it's in Mint under transactions for that same card. I'll give it a couple days and report back.

Last edited by nonstopski; Jun 3, 2015 at 8:26 am
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:47 pm

Is $100 credit twice possible without paying annual fee?

Has anyone had success buying an airline gift card and being reimbursed and closing the card (getting the credit twice)?

I only have about 2 days left before my statement closes. My annual fee posts on this statement. I received my initial credit early when first opening the card. Would it be possible to "sneak" another one in during the transition period? Would it need to happen the day after the current last annual statement posts or could it happen prior to then? If it must post after the annual fee posts, marking a fresh year, once you go to close the account, are they going to want to claw back the $100 credit you are receiving twice and only refund the annual fee upon closure?

Any data points would be appreciated.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by luv2fly4free
Has anyone had success buying an airline gift card and being reimbursed and closing the card (getting the credit twice)?

I only have about 2 days left before my statement closes. My annual fee posts on this statement. I received my initial credit early when first opening the card. Would it be possible to "sneak" another one in during the transition period? Would it need to happen the day after the current last annual statement posts or could it happen prior to then? If it must post after the annual fee posts, marking a fresh year, once you go to close the account, are they going to want to claw back the $100 credit you are receiving twice and only refund the annual fee upon closure?

Any data points would be appreciated.
Do I need to order the gift card ASAP before this statement closes is the key question (the one with the annual fee showing on the statement)?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 8:58 pm

How to liquidate remaining points efficiently

@:-)
If you have some orphan points below 2,500 to redeem at standard award intervals (e.g. 2,500=$25 cash equivalent), here is an idea- DON'T just throw away the points. Even a single point has value. They allow you to buy gift cards and apply your small number of points at full value toward a gift card. For instance, you could apply 1,000 points toward a $25 merchant card and they will allow you to pay the remaining $15 with ANY credit card. So in the end, you still received your full $10 of value out of your points balance.

Many of you might already know this but for those that don't who are considering closing their account, make sure you get back the value of every last point you have have earned before closing your account.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by fet
I was told my CSR that you have 90 days from the time the AF get billed to close the card and get your fees refunded. So there is enough time to get another $100 airline credit.
have you had proven success with this strategy?
Old Jun 3, 2015, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Like the Barclaycard cards, the default is Chip + Signature, with a fallback to Chip + PIN. I did use it at unmanned kiosks in Spain, where I was prompted for the PIN, and had no issue at all.
I concur - I have used mine in Europe at automated kiosks where only Chip+PIN works - no problems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.