Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by happyvoid
did a lot of people with this card who applied got asked for pay stubs and tax return
not us and not that I have heard of, but it happens occassionally from all banks. If you did not lie on app then it should not matter
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by anagoree
Your confirmation is a good news.
your previous post suggest you waiting for annual fee billing before buying airline GC.
Do we need to wait till they charge the annual fee to get $100 credit?
Can we buy airline GC as soon as we complete anniversary year but before annual fee charged to get $100 credit back?
Based on my online profile; my a/c was open on 6/2/14.
I bought first AA GC on 05/23/15 (before 1st ann. year).
I bought second AA GC 0n 06/08/15 (after 1st ann. year).
The purchase trx of second AA GC for $100 and credit of $100 posted on 06/12.
I will wait for another month to avail AmEx sync offer before call to close the account.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:12 pm

Have gotten BA and UA award taxes reimbursed within last week.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Adding another data point - Annual fee billed 6/1
Bought $100 AA GC 6/13
Reimbursed today 6/16

I'll call and close the card tonight since there doesn't seem to be any retention bonuses.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 9:18 pm

Just curious, how long after meeting min. spend did anyone receive the 40k bonus points?

I met mine within the first month with the now retired Redbird, but it's now been a little over 3 months and have yet to receive the bonus.

None of the "purchases" were reported as CA either.

Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by lodit
Just curious, how long after meeting min. spend did anyone receive the 40k bonus points?

I met mine within the first month with the now retired Redbird, but it's now been a little over 3 months and have yet to receive the bonus.

None of the "purchases" were reported as CA either.

Thanks.

Look under Earn Rewards, My Offers, and then Promotional Offers-Spend Threshold. The relationship bonus is found under earn rewards, my offers then click on the blue link for relationship bonus . Its approx. 13 months from the day you signed up that the 40k will be available to use.

Last edited by anjeo; Jun 22, 2015 at 4:55 am
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:13 am

Did anyone try to buy any other airline gift card other than AA ? i would like to buy Southwest gift card, will it be treated the same way as a AA gift card purchase?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by anjeo
Look under Earn Rewards, My Offers, and then Promotional Offers-Spend Threshold. The relationship bonus is found under earn rewards, my offers then click on the blue link for relationship bonus . Its approx. 13 months from the day you signed up that the 40k will be available to use.
Wait... 13 months? You mean that I'll have to pay another annual fee before I can use my 40k signup bonus?!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by anjeo
I've looked here and do not see my bonus listed.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by kyroadrunner
I've looked here and do not see my bonus listed.
Give it at least one billing period. My mom's points now show as pending.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by INDFlyer
Did anyone try to buy any other airline gift card other than AA ? i would like to buy Southwest gift card, will it be treated the same way as a AA gift card purchase?
I purchased a SW giftcard on 6/15 and received credit
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by mmax1
I purchased a SW giftcard on 6/15 and received credit
mmax1,

Thank you for confirming.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Wait... 13 months? You mean that I'll have to pay another annual fee before I can use my 40k signup bonus?!

My mistake - it's 13 months for the relationship bonus ( 10% 25% 50% ) to be usable - the 40k promo bonus will post after the 3 month spend period ends, I apologize .
Old Jun 25, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by robbierob03
Adding another data point - Annual fee billed 6/1
Bought $100 AA GC 6/13
Reimbursed today 6/16

I'll call and close the card tonight since there doesn't seem to be any retention bonuses.
Do you know the date the card was approved? Why did you wait until 6/13 to buy the GC?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:57 am

I just requested $450 in checks to burn my points in preparation of closing this card. Now that I read this I will wait a little longer and try for a second $100 reimbursement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.