Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Yep. This card is just ridiculous, and I probably would have not applied had I known I would be growing old waiting for my bonus points to post. I applied on 5/15, received the card a week later, met spend, and it's now 8/28 and no bonus points.
Applied 5/15, bonus points finally posted today (9/9).
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:01 pm

Data point: I paid for $20.98 taxes & fees for a BA Avios redemption, and they were reimbursed under the airline credit.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by dustbuster
Data point: I paid for $20.98 taxes & fees for a BA Avios redemption, and they were reimbursed under the airline credit.
Has anyone else got such a credit? Did you see a ticket number in your credit card statement?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Has anyone else got such a credit? Did you see a ticket number in your credit card statement?
yup, see my post #588. No ticket #.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:38 am

Does Wells Fargo have a "purchase eraser" feature like Cap One Venture or Barclay Arrival+? For example, if I applied today, my points presumably would not post until January given the ridiculous delay. But I'm looking to use the points for travel I'm planning for Oct/Nov. Can I redeem the points in January against expenses I incurred back in Oct/Nov? Or can I only us it towards expenses incurred after the points have posted?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Auerbach
Does Wells Fargo have a "purchase eraser" feature like Cap One Venture or Barclay Arrival+? For example, if I applied today, my points presumably would not post until January given the ridiculous delay. But I'm looking to use the points for travel I'm planning for Oct/Nov. Can I redeem the points in January against expenses I incurred back in Oct/Nov? Or can I only us it towards expenses incurred after the points have posted?
You do not have to redeem against travel. You can request statement credit, have the funds transferred to a WF savings/checking account, or request a check at 1 cent per point in increments of $25. You can use any remaining points toward the purchase of a gift card.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:01 pm

Another data point: I paid $96.50 in AA award taxes & fees and it was reimbursed under the airline credit.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 11:28 am

Has anyone been successful in buying airline GC and getting the credit?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by newbb
Has anyone been successful in buying airline GC and getting the credit?
Nobody. There have been zero reports of that in this very thread.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Nobody. There have been zero reports of that in this very thread.
You just lightened up my day lol

Edit: typo, just not much

Last edited by Gammachu; Oct 10, 2015 at 11:43 pm
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:18 pm

Account Closure data points:

Annual fee hit on 9/1. Called Wells Fargo and asked how long I could keep the card and remain eligible for an annual fee refund - representative said 90 days.

I made sure to suck every last benefit I could recall from the card before cancellation:

-Used up second $100 travel credit on a $100 gift card purchased on southwest.com. (Posted 9/21, credited 9/22)
-Used up remaining 1407 orphan points by redeeming them for a $25 Amazon gift card and paying the remaining $10.93 with my AMEX Everyday Preferred. (Purchased 10/7, shipped 10/9)
-Used up my valuable outstanding AMEX Offers (Sam's Club and Best Buy). (Best Buy posted 9/22, credited 9/23; Sam's Club posted 10/1 and credited 10/6)

Called Wells Fargo today and asked about any annual fee waiver (not available since first year is waived), or any product change potential (only option is AMEX Propel 365 with a $45 annual fee - will not change to Wells Fargo's no annual fee Visa cards).

In the absence of better alternatives, I canceled the card. She told me to pay the outstanding balance minus the $175 annual fee that had already posted. It would be waived within the next few days. I will continue to monitor it.

I am not overly sad to leave Wells Fargo - their website is obviously not geared to credit card customers, their approval process was odd and demanding, and the rewards program was underwhelming. The only reason I would have wanted to stay beyond extending my average age of accounts is the generous phone insurance benefit they provide through their credit cards.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:50 pm

I closed WF world Propel Amex a/c last year after getting bonus. Can I apply again and be eligible for bonus points? Wiki says there is not enough data.
I have gone through first few pages and last..not found straight answers to the question.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Newyorker11
I closed WF world Propel Amex a/c last year after getting bonus. Can I apply again and be eligible for bonus points? Wiki says there is not enough data.
I have gone through first few pages and last..not found straight answers to the question.
I can't recall where I read it, but someone mentioned getting the bonus again after opening a new one and meeting bonus spend after closing another one in the same month. He mentioned something about the bonus terms not excluding previous cardholders.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:41 pm

Reading some more on this, it says you are not eligible for 5X sign on bonus if you had availed bonus points before on any WF card. I did have a World propel before and got the bonus, does that mean, I won't be getting 5x? My SO currently has world propel, does that mean they won't be getting 5x either?

I can understand you may not get bonus twice for the same card but for different cards you should get bonus. Can someone chime in?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 6:19 pm

I regret closing the WF propel card. Now had DW get the card and we use the MPX $100 amazon credit which brings the $175 AF down to $75 which seems worth it for the phone insurance. Perhaps I could just get the propel 365 ando forego the MPX amazon step which will bring down the AF to $45.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.