Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Superorb
These are Amex-network cards, issued and administered by Wells Fargo. American Express acts as the transaction processing network, in the same way that VISA process transactions for other Wells Fargo cards. Amex-network cards do not count against your four credit card limit with American Express, nor will you deal with American Express customer service.

There have been several data points that people on work visas don't qualify, only US citizens and permanent residents do. However some people with visas have also received this card.

If you have some relationship with wells fargo, less verification info is asked so keeping a checking with WF can be a good way to improve your chances.

Wells fargo also restricts CC signup bonuses to 1 per person lifetime. Some people have also reported one per address so YMMV.

You can have both types of Propel cards open simultaneously.

It easily takes 90-120 days after meeting the spend for the bonus to post.

Airline Fee Credit

Once per anniversary year.

It appears that one can wait until after the annual fee is charged, the get a second reimbursement of an airline expenditure, and then cancel to get the annual fee refunded.

Examples of airline related charges that have been reimbursed:

1. Gift cards of most airlines
2. BA award ticket taxes
3. AA award ticket taxes (booked via phone)
4. LH award redeposit fee (charged via phone)
5. Amazon GC through UA shopping app.

Examples of airline related charges that have NOT been reimbursed:

1. AS award date change fee ($125, charged online)
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 40k/$3k-3mo Propel World & 20k/$3k-3mo Propel 365 Amex

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:06 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
I have both the Propel 365 and the Visa Signature, but have not yet booked any travel. Can anyone with any experience booking travel shed any light on a few questions:

1) is there a 24 hour courtesy cancel? Just like to know if I have this benefit going in, as it has come in handy a few times.

2) The Visa signature gives 1.5c per point towards travel, while the Propel 365 claims no booking fee. When I go to the reward site, it prices out at 1.5c per point, but it does assess a $24 fee. Has anyone had success combining the 2 benefits?

I tried to call the phone number on the website today. The agent said there is not a 24 hour courtesy cancel. But he then realized I was a Propel 365 holder, and apparently the bookings for Propel 365 are actually handled by a different company or department that was closed...seems odd that they're not handled by the same agency.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by ANC RED-EYE; Mar 17, 2016 at 9:01 am
Old Mar 29, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Cancelled this card in anticipation of my 5/2016 annual fee. Was offered no kind of retention bonus whatsoever, with moderate (~13k) spend on the card over the last year. I was offered the chance to convert it to a no annual fee card, but declined.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Cancelled this card in anticipation of my 5/2016 annual fee. Was offered no kind of retention bonus whatsoever, with moderate (~13k) spend on the card over the last year. I was offered the chance to convert it to a no annual fee card, but declined.
Do you know exactly what no-annual fee card they offered? I'll be closing/downgrading the card soon, and would like to see if the no-fee card has a similar cellular phone insurance as the Propel World Amex.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by viag8
Do you know exactly what no-annual fee card they offered? I'll be closing/downgrading the card soon, and would like to see if the no-fee card has a similar cellular phone insurance as the Propel World Amex.
It's probably the regular Propel Amex, which has no annual fee. I believe that all WF credit cards provide the cell phone insurance feature, and this one does as confirmed in the benefits summary for the card.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by halamadrid
It's probably the regular Propel Amex, which has no annual fee. I believe that all WF credit cards provide the cell phone insurance feature, and this one does as confirmed in the benefits summary for the card.
Do you lose your rewards points when you downgrade to the regular Propel?
Old Apr 10, 2016, 4:56 pm

Is it possible for the points to be worth 1.5 cents on this card or is that only on the Visa Signature?

I think I heard something about if you spend $50,000 on the card the points become worth 1.5 cents for airfare I believe.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by planetmans
Is it possible for the points to be worth 1.5 cents on this card or is that only on the Visa Signature?

I think I heard something about if you spend $50,000 on the card the points become worth 1.5 cents for airfare I believe.
I have not heard of such a thing. AFAIK only the Visa Signature gives 1.5 cents.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Contacted CS and they mentioned that the credit is per anniversary year, not calendar year. Per the T&C:

This appears to be calendar year, am I right?
Just want to confirm that, this credit is indeed, once per anniversary year. My mom just got charged the annual fee. Tried a $10 Amazon GC and got credit.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Samson7256
It is in the wiki but I don't believe there is a single data point in this thread of someone receiving the bonus and then attempting to churn the bonus after cancelling. Not sure where the wiki data came from.
I'm with you on this, there is no data to prove this is one in life time bonus. I cancelled mine card in 2014 and want to jump in again, but not sure about the bonus......I'm sure someone in this forum applied for this card twice and want to hear from them.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, UR, IHG platnium, AirAsia
Does anyone know if I have to select a specific airline for the $100 yearly incidental charges for the WF Propel? This is the case for the Amex PRG card. Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JamieDee78
Does anyone know if I have to select a specific airline for the $100 yearly incidental charges for the WF Propel? This is the case for the Amex PRG card. Thanks.
no.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by wagon297
I'm with you on this, there is no data to prove this is one in life time bonus. I cancelled mine card in 2014 and want to jump in again, but not sure about the bonus......I'm sure someone in this forum applied for this card twice and want to hear from them.

^ It's confirmed! 1st app 2014 & cancelled 2014.
2nd app late 2015 & 2nd bonus received 4 months later.
Waited over a 12 months before applying again.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:44 am

I wanted to share my experience with Wells Fargo cellular telephone protection benefit.

I've filed 2 claims with them, one back in August and one this month, for two separate incidents.

In August, I was denied because you do not only have to pay your monthly bill with the WF card, you have to make one payment every calendar month to be covered the next calendar month. For example, if you pay your bill on the 1st, then on the 30th of April, and then on the 1st of June, you will be covered for incidents happening in May but not in June.

This month I made another claim. This time, I knew about the calendar month payment rule so I was covered. They are secondary insurance so they require proof that you claimed with any applicable primary insurance to process the claim. My claim took 3 weeks between my first call and when I received their check.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:35 am

Applied went to Pending and now Declined due to no existing relationship. I called and was told to open a checking or savings and call back to speak with a senior uw to overturn the decision. Dead end, all reps say you MUST have an existing account.

UPDATE: after numerous attempts, rep confirmed this policy is being strictly enforced during manual review and instant approvals are a thing of the past without an existing account. No way around, applied for a WF checking via phone (don't do it online takes 24-48 hours) and instantly approved then spoke with the uw and got approved.

Last edited by Nick92; Apr 29, 2016 at 9:50 am
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:23 am

Im looking throught the terms and conditions and I'm not seeing anything about once per lifetime bonuses. Can someone point me to a place where there is that language?

https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-ca...elworld/terms/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.