Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:42 am

Chase you can usually do 1 personal 1 biz without many problems. Never heard of someone getting 3 in one AoR. I would keep your AoR around 4-5 cards spread out among the issuers. Can always do another one in 91 days. Identify your travel goals and work toward them. Marathon not a sprint.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by hedge
Chase you can usually do 1 personal 1 biz without many problems. Never heard of someone getting 3 in one AoR. I would keep your AoR around 4-5 cards spread out among the issuers. Can always do another one in 91 days. Identify your travel goals and work toward them. Marathon not a sprint.
That's what I thought. Given lots of good chase options, I have to choose.

I'll adjust my post minorly to apply for one personal and one biz chase/sw cards (rather than two personal).

Next round will do ink/sapphire from chase.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:03 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
There's a 50k AA offer floating around again.

There's a 55k Delta offer, but I think it's for the Platinum card.

Do the Barclay card first, so they don't see the other pulls.

I would do a WN personal and Business, since two of the exact same type might throw a red flag. It's also worth noting what another person said, that if you do these in November, and meet spend in January, you can get the CP for 2 years, instead of just over 1.

I would also look at getting the CSP at some point, so you can transfer those 35k UR points to a partner.

Edit: While I was writing my post you commented about a lot of this, just leaving it intact for reference.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PainCorp
There's a 50k AA offer floating around again.

There's a 55k Delta offer, but I think it's for the Platinum card.Do the Barclay card first, so they don't see the other pulls.

I would do a WN personal and Business, since two of the exact same type might throw a red flag. It's also worth noting what another person said, that if you do these in November, and meet spend in January, you can get the CP for 2 years, instead of just over 1.

I would also look at getting the CSP at some point, so you can transfer those 35k UR points to a partner.

Edit: While I was writing my post you commented about a lot of this, just leaving it intact for reference.
THe landing page does not talk about how many miles you will get and neither does the T&C, so not too sure I would trust it.

The Delta PLT card with 55K miles and 25K MQM is a great offer, I plan on doing this one this week, this will push me over GOLD and close to PLT status... I also plan on getting the Chase Fairmount card, we are going to NYC this fall and thought this would be a great place to stay, my partner will get the card so we will only have to pay for one night out of a five night stay...
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:39 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

[QUOTE=FlyingBoat;20950498
All six went to pending. Not a single automatic acceptance!

Credit Score - 798

I also wonder if they are just finally getting smarter. I wouldn't approve myself for these cards. I have been amazed over the years that they keep giving out these bonuses to people who have other cards with them.

)[/QUOTE]

I had a very similar experience this weekend. Did my second ever app-o-rama-- so I'm still a long, long way from being a "churner". I have a high score (790 ish on MyFico, and was 840 on Transunion recently) I applied for 5 cards for me and one for hubby.

Instant approval on Citi AA card and a BRG Amex. All others pending. That's 2 for 6.

I am starting to wonder if the glory days are over. It seems like even as recently as 3 months ago, and definitely 6 or 8 months ago, more people reported success across the board.

Now, the AA/Citi two browser method is dead, Barclay's is getting finicky, Chase takes a closer look, etc.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I had a very similar experience this weekend. Did my second ever app-o-rama-- so I'm still a long, long way from being a "churner". I have a high score (790 ish on MyFico, and was 840 on Transunion recently) I applied for 5 cards for me and one for hubby.

Instant approval on Citi AA card and a BRG Amex. All others pending. That's 2 for 6.

I am starting to wonder if the glory days are over. It seems like even as recently as 3 months ago, and definitely 6 or 8 months ago, more people reported success across the board.

Now, the AA/Citi two browser method is dead, Barclay's is getting finicky, Chase takes a closer look, etc.
Wife also did 6 similar cards to mine this weekend. Difference being she did Marriott and Citi 50K AA instead of my Ink Plus and Delta. None were immediately approved for her. Citi app said call in for additional info, she did and then was approved.

So far I have been approved for Barclay Arrival and Delta after calling in. Other apps are still pending after a week.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:24 pm

Not a great app-o-rama for me so far this time (2nd one ever), basically stalled out after 2 pending (started on Friday):
- Club Carlson - pending. Called, said I need to wait.
- US Air - approved
- Chase Ink Plus - pending. Called, said I need to wait.
- AA Business - waiting on an AA 50K link to pop up
- Marriott card - waiting on the Ink Plus to get approved
- 2 Hawaiian cards if the link's still around after all of the above.

For the Mariott and 2 Hawaiians, should I continue to wait or should I just pull the trigger today?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Tavinder Hare
Not a great app-o-rama for me so far this time (2nd one ever), basically stalled out after 2 pending (started on Friday):
- Club Carlson - pending. Called, said I need to wait.
- US Air - approved
- Chase Ink Plus - pending. Called, said I need to wait.
- AA Business - waiting on an AA 50K link to pop up
- Marriott card - waiting on the Ink Plus to get approved
- 2 Hawaiian cards if the link's still around after all of the above.

For the Mariott and 2 Hawaiians, should I continue to wait or should I just pull the trigger today?
If you really want the Marriott card do it now but it will probably be 2 separate pulls since the ink plus is a business card.

Only the hawaiin biz card is active but you can combine it with a virgin atlantic card.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
I want to apply Club Carlson for my next churn around July or August. Right now, my FICO scores is around 765.

My last churn was on 02/10/13:
Citi Business AA
US Airways
Chase Ink Plus
Hawaiian BOA/BOH
United (personal)

On May 1st: I did 1 card: Citi thankyou

My next churn is:
United (business)
CSP (master)
Amex SPG (personal and business)
Citi Gold
Clubcarson (85k sign up bonus)

I am debating on Club Carson because I have heard that this bank is difficult to apply. Do you think that should I apply for Club Carson or not? Thank you very much for your help

Last edited by happy9zz; Jun 25, 2013 at 8:13 pm
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by happy9zz
My next churn is:
United (business)
CSP (master)
Amex SPG (personal and business)
Citi Gold
Clubcarson (85k sign up bonus)

I am debating on Club Carson because I have heard that this bank is difficult to apply. Do you think that should I apply for Club Carson or not? Thank you very much for your help
No one will or can tell you what to do, you need to figure out what your goal is for getting these cards. I think that is one problem is people just jump in and get cards without a plan. Do you have a trip planned and looking for points to travel or hotel, than that is your goal..
Old Jun 26, 2013, 8:27 am

Just as a point of reference, I applied for CSP (40k after 2k spend), United (50k + 5k after 1k spend), and Hyatt cards (2 Free Nights) all in a row, all instant approval.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
I'm getting an itchy submit finger. My last app was ink plus and Southwest premier 100+ days ago in March. Early Feb snagged a csp, reserve and club Carlson. I have a 740 on TU which is the only one that all the banks pull I have 13 inqs in 24 months and 5 in 12 months. Any Idea if chase would be less than generous with a United app?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:44 am

reviving this thread ...........

anyone have experience getting the TD Bank 5% cashback card?
http://www.tdbank.com/personalcredit...wardscard.html
Old Jun 26, 2013, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by nrdk
Just as a point of reference, I applied for CSP (40k after 2k spend), United (50k + 5k after 1k spend), and Hyatt cards (2 Free Nights) all in a row, all instant approval.
Wow congrats. Did you have any relationship with Chase beforehand? Credit score?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by phdtomd
I'm getting an itchy submit finger. My last app was ink plus and Southwest premier 100+ days ago in March. Early Feb snagged a csp, reserve and club Carlson. I have a 740 on TU which is the only one that all the banks pull I have 13 inqs in 24 months and 5 in 12 months. Any Idea if chase would be less than generous with a United app?
Are you thinking about the United personal or business card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.