Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton
What about applying for the Barclay Lufthansa 50,000 mile card? It is a great offer and is set to expire at the end of this month.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
Originally Posted by nep301
What about applying for the Barclay Lufthansa 50,000 mile card? It is a great offer and is set to expire at the end of this month.
Agreed, but i dont know what i will do with those miles. I will have to manufacture at least 50k more for the wifey (she isnt part of the so called AOR which might not happen now).

Let me do some research and see if it adds any value to AA/UA affiliated programs - i just cant get over the Etihad First class suites i traveled to Abu Dhabi in. I only wish some of the American carriers provided such service/seats.

Thank you all for your help.

Last edited by arsenalman; Jun 20, 2013 at 10:28 am
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by jatink129
1-800-947-1444

Please read all the posts made by user gpapadop in the Club Carlson thread.
I've included the link.

Start at the bottom, and go up. Open each post and read it. From what I remember, he managed to get somebody to MANUALLY review his account, and then approve it.

That's all that I can suggest. Let us know how it goes.

P.S - Did you not apply for the Club carlson before the other cards?
I just see your post today (been busy on some stuff the past week). It's probably too late to call them now .

I applied to the US Air card first, then Club Carlson. The reason stated on my denial letter is "numerous recent applications using ssn".
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by dcpilgrim
OP - make sure you message chase to ask for the extra 10K for the INK per the offers this week.
I did earlier this week. Yesterday they manually gave me 10k UR to my account.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:17 am

I called and someone agreed to have a person review my app. Let's see what happens
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by arsenalman
I already have 200k pts from BA, they are just sitting in my account gathering dust. Dont want to pay 1k of tax fees to use it. I wish i could convert them to AA pts instead.
You can use Avios to book on AA, usually for less points than you would need if using AA's own miles...
Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
Ok guys - I said i was going to apply for only one card - well that didnt happen.
Applied for the Chase Bold - Decision is pending
I then decided to apply for the Citi AA MC - Again Decision is pending.

I think i might call it a day with those 2. It would really suck though if i wake up tomorrow and find out none got approved.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by arsenalman
Ok guys - I said i was going to apply for only one card - well that didnt happen.
Applied for the Chase Bold - Decision is pending
I then decided to apply for the Citi AA MC - Again Decision is pending.

I think i might call it a day with those 2. It would really suck though if i wake up tomorrow and find out none got approved.
Chase will probably want more information, at least they usually do with business cards from what I hear.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:19 pm

Looking to do a Chase AOR, since my upcoming vacation I want to travel exclusively on United and stay at Hyatt. Any issues going for just 3 Chase cards?

Chase Hyatt
Chase United
Chase SP

Also, I know I came across a post awhile back that had a link to get the 50k Untied instead of 30k that always seems to show, does anyone happen to have that post saved?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
I have 3 personal cards with Chase and I know they may want redistribution of CL, but they weren't at the point of being able to discuss that yet, and I am also unsure if they redistribute from Personal CL to the Business cards I have applied for.
I was able to move 5k from CSP to Ink when I applied in Dec'12. So it can be done.

I'm also curious how the AU thing works. Added myself on 3 of my wife's cards recently and was annoyed that it reports to my report. This was for mfg spend and since id gets checked often, I became an AU.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by nrdk
Looking to do a Chase AOR, since my upcoming vacation I want to travel exclusively on United and stay at Hyatt. Any issues going for just 3 Chase cards?

Chase Hyatt
Chase United
Chase SP

Also, I know I came across a post awhile back that had a link to get the 50k Untied instead of 30k that always seems to show, does anyone happen to have that post saved?
This is a question of history with Chase. I have been able to get 2 personal cards on same day once and 1 biz+personal another time. My freedom is 5 yrs old and also have checking with chase.

see if this post helps:
http://hackmytrip.com/2013/06/earn-l...y-obvious-way/
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
As an experiment (or perhaps the sign I'm getting cockier than I should) I decided for the first time ever to let my App-o-Rama run its course. That means no calls to find out the status, and basically no sweat about it either. I only received instant approval for the Arrival card, but within the next 16 days I was approved for all and every card, although I'm yet to receive the City. Ink Bold even went ahead and drew some credit from my other card to put it into the new one, which is something I always suggest when I call anyway. Here are the cards I applied on May 28th:

Barclays Arrival
Chase Ink Bold
City AA Plat (the last day it offered 50K, I think)
US Bank Club Carlson Biz
BoA Virgin
BoA Hawaiian Biz

The reason I'm saying this, is that sometimes we tend to forget that the time we spend on the phone with credit cards is the time no one will ever give back to us. I once spent over an hour on the phone with Chase, and it was not reconsideration; I was simply being impatient. So, it might make sense to wait until you get the result--you might get what you want and save some serious phone time in the process.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
I got the following cards in February.

Amex Hilton
Citi AA Platinum Visa 50k (1 card)
US Bank Club Carlson personal
Barclays US Airways
Chase Sapphire Preffered
Bank Of Hawaii HA
Bank of America HA

Here's my upcoming mini- AOR, that I plan to do later today or early tomorrow.
(?= not sure)

In order of application.
-Ink Bold
-Club Carlson Business?
-Citi 40k AA? 50k AA?
-Hawaiian Airlines Business.
-Charles Shwab checking account.

My information:
Experian inquiries - 13.(5 inquiries in February) // FAKO Score - 734
Equifax inquiries - 3 // FAKO score - 743
Transunion inquiries - 5 (2 inquiries in February) // FAKO Score - 743

Thoughts?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:20 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mnscout
As an experiment (or perhaps the sign I'm getting cockier than I should) I decided for the first time ever to let my App-o-Rama run its course. That means no calls to find out the status, and basically no sweat about it either.

... sometimes we tend to forget that the time we spend on the phone with credit cards is the time no one will ever give back to us. I once spent over an hour on the phone with Chase, and it was not reconsideration; I was simply being impatient. So, it might make sense to wait until you get the result--you might get what you want and save some serious phone time in the process.
I agree with this completely. I have only ever called the reconsideration line once, and that was for my first business card with Chase. This is despite applying for three or four cards every three months. All the others were approved eventually. If you call before getting refused in the first place, then it isn't really a reconsideration call, is it?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jatink129
I got the following cards in February.

Amex Hilton
Citi AA Platinum Visa 50k (1 card)
US Bank Club Carlson personal
Barclays US Airways
Chase Sapphire Preffered
Bank Of Hawaii HA
Bank of America HA

Here's my upcoming mini- AOR, that I plan to do later today or early tomorrow.
(?= not sure)

In order of application.
-Ink Bold
-Club Carlson Business?
-Citi 40k AA? 50k AA?
-Hawaiian Airlines Business.
-Charles Shwab checking account.

My information:
Experian inquiries - 13.(5 inquiries in February) // FAKO Score - 734
Equifax inquiries - 3 // FAKO score - 743
Transunion inquiries - 5 (2 inquiries in February) // FAKO Score - 743

Thoughts?
Do the Club Carlson first, they're the most knit-picky. My guideline for myself is I won't do one unless all of my scores are above 750, but that's a decision you have to make.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.