Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by robec907
I had my husband sign up for this card on 3/27, just a few days before the changes were announced. There was an issue with our address, so we just got the card in the mail yesterday. I activated it, and noticed that the first statement closed yesterday, before we even had a chance to make a first purchase. The next statement will close on 5/18, leaving less than two weeks for the points to post and for us to make a booking with the last night free.

Called customer service twice today - first time I asked if it would be possible to change the billing date in order for the points to post. The rep said no, the dates were locked in. The second call, I expressed that I was very disappointed, and that the welcome letter I received with the card even states in bold font the last night free benefit. I asked for the annual fee to be refunded, and the rep said the only way to do so would be to close the account before 5/17 - so no chance to earn the sign up bonus. I even asked for points to compensate for the lost benefit, and she quoted the 40k anniversary bonus. Ugh.

Wondering if I should HUCA now, file a CFPB complaint, or wait a while. I'll probably meet the spend by the end of the weekend. Has anyone had success in having the billing date changed? Any tips to get the annual fee refunded?
They should remove your hard credit inquiry if they suggest you close before getting any sign up bonus but I doubt they will do.

I think you have very easy shot at getting fee refunded. Some got their fee paid back in DEC refunded. file CFPB and include the agreement/language that mentions bonus award nights for $75 fee.

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Apr 18, 2015 at 2:20 pm
Old Apr 18, 2015, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robec907
I had my husband sign up for this card on 3/27, just a few days before the changes were announced. There was an issue with our address, so we just got the card in the mail yesterday. I activated it, and noticed that the first statement closed yesterday, before we even had a chance to make a first purchase. The next statement will close on 5/18, leaving less than two weeks for the points to post and for us to make a booking with the last night free.

Called customer service twice today - first time I asked if it would be possible to change the billing date in order for the points to post. The rep said no, the dates were locked in. The second call, I expressed that I was very disappointed, and that the welcome letter I received with the card even states in bold font the last night free benefit. I asked for the annual fee to be refunded, and the rep said the only way to do so would be to close the account before 5/17 - so no chance to earn the sign up bonus. I even asked for points to compensate for the lost benefit, and she quoted the 40k anniversary bonus. Ugh.

Wondering if I should HUCA now, file a CFPB complaint, or wait a while. I'll probably meet the spend by the end of the weekend. Has anyone had success in having the billing date changed? Any tips to get the annual fee refunded?
1) Do NOT change your statement closing date because most likely would happen is your closing date would be in JUNE, a looong cycle. Obviously you dont want this to happen.

2) Dont waste your time talking to the front line reps. Ask to talk to a Manager. Be persist. Tell the front line rep you have issues that you believe only a manager has the power to resolve.

You should be able to get a full refund of the AF - read the last couple pages of this thread.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:11 pm

We have the $50 AF/25K renewal bonus Platinum version. Just called and spoke with the front line and was offered a refund of the AF (just hit our account) but we would not get the 25K renewal bonus. We took the offer.

We called last week and was offered 2.5K points too.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:14 pm

We just got this card, with Closing date of May 4th. When do points post?

Last edited by kst78; Apr 20, 2015 at 4:47 pm Reason: Incorrect question
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA/United/HH/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson
Originally Posted by biggestbopper
To submit a complaint to the Federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau:
http://www.consumerfinance.gov/
Thanks for the detailed info.

I called US Bank and after asking for a supervisor was offered 7500 CC points, which I thanked them for.

And just now filed the complaint, we'll see what happens.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:56 am

I talked to supervisor and I was offered 7500 points on both my personal and business cards. No go with AF refund.
How soon do those points post to my account?
Is there any chance to get AF refund still?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:07 pm

I called club carlson. Spoke to CSR and the manager. Neither would budge on points or compensation. Then I called US Bank. CSR offered 2,500. I declined and asked for manager. Offered 7,500 points but would NOT waive the AF. Said they will only do that if card was cancelled. Points are already pending on my account.

Side note, Club Carlson CSR said they are doing away with the bonus award nights because it was being "fraudulently used and abused". This after I told him I was irritated by them removing a benefit less than a week after I applied for the card.

Looks like time to file a complaint too.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:38 pm

Waived the annual fee for me but not for my wife got 7500 points.
Had card for 3 & 4 months respectively.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
1 personal, 1 business, two 7500 point bonuses!

It took a 15 minute phone call, 2 transfers and a nice call to a supervisor but I got both my personal and business Club Carlson Visas to get 7500 points for each account.

And, on a nagging point when I got the card, he also upgraded my personal card from that garbage standard rewards card they gave me at approval that only gave me Silver and 25k yearly bonus to the Premier one that gives me Gold and the 40k yearly bonus.

It's a good day

Originally Posted by Happy
Lucky you to get an accommodating agent who also has the power to issue refund.

The first agent I got, insisted the 40K annual bonus was enough. HUCA. The second agent I got offered 2500 pts. Asked to speak to a supervisor who quickly offered the now standard 7500 pts but insisted he could not refund the annual fee which was billed and paied in Dec.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
I filed a CFPB complaint, got a call from Carley in Executive Offices offering me 7,500 points per card; told her I would not accept that in lieu of removing the annual fee and that I did not consider the issue resolved.

At the end of the call she stated she still wanted to give me the 7,500 points as a goodwill gesture, and I told her I would accept them ONLY if they were not considered a resolution to the matter.

Of course the CFPB reply was that they gave me "Relief" in the form of the 7,500 points, so I disputed that, listed her and her phone number along with noting that they were a gesture of goodwill for my time and not to resolve the issue which I refused to accept anything less than a full refund of the Annual Fee or 50,000 additional points.

Sent back to the company from CFPB.

I too have noted that the Annual Fee is NOT listed as an account maintenance fee, rather a membership fee, and membership comes with a set of benefits and that the benefits listed for paying the Annual fee included the bonus nights.

I also listed the cards terms & conditions available were very limited to the consumer as to what the Ability to change account terms included, as they list them as benefits not terms in their advertisement.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by SJLandsverk
It took a 15 minute phone call, 2 transfers and a nice call to a supervisor but I got both my personal and business Club Carlson Visas to get 7500 points for each account.

And, on a nagging point when I got the card, he also upgraded my personal card from that garbage standard rewards card they gave me at approval that only gave me Silver and 25k yearly bonus to the Premier one that gives me Gold and the 40k yearly bonus.

It's a good day
Don't see any deal you got! You are paying $75 fee with no bonus award night and 40k is good at their motels like country inn or park inn.
Many got their $75 fee refunded and 15k points or more as compensation after CFPB complaint

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Apr 22, 2015 at 2:22 pm
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
Sorry, forgot to mention the fee was waived too

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Don't see any deal you got! You are paying $75 fee with no bonus award night and 40k is good at their motels like country inn or park inn.
Many got their $75 fee refunded and 15k points or more as compensation after CFPB complaint
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by SJLandsverk
Sorry, forgot to mention the fee was waived too
make sure to get agent's name and ID when they say they will refund/waive the AF. You maybe unhappy and upset when you don't see any waiver/refund even after 30 days.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:11 am

Is USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889 the number you guys are calling to cancel?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by VizeL
Is USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889 the number you guys are calling to cancel?
http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/
http://www.bbb.org/minnesota/busines...407/complaints

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.