Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:43 am

FYI I called last night to complain about the bonus night going away. Was real short and sweet and they promptly gave me 2500 pts and said it was all they could offer. Phone call lasted about 3 minutes.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Happy
When was your AF billed? Did you get the renewal bonus pts already or still waiting for them?
I've only had the card for a month. Annual fee posted about a week ago. They waived the annual fee for first year.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ERicday
oh dear...
Just applied this card a few days ago. When can I expect the sign bonus points to credit? Assuming I can spend $2500 in day 1 after I get the card. I want it before 5/28 to book.
And any body knows how the $10000 counts, from 6/1 to anniversary or a billing year?
Also applied recently and got approved. Documents that I received did not reflect the new changes. So as long as you get your spend in and make your bookings, you should be fine.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by danielv22
FYI I called last night to complain about the bonus night going away. Was real short and sweet and they promptly gave me 2500 pts and said it was all they could offer. Phone call lasted about 3 minutes.
if you think about it, that's only 500$ in regular spend. sad really, but better than nothing. now i need to rethink my MS strategy.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:25 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
It's a little ridiculous that while they've now taken any mention of the Bonus Award Nights off the landing page at www.clubcarlsonvisa.com, it's still mentioned as a benefit in the individual card descriptions!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
I have the business version and my AF fee hit in January. They wouldn't refund or discount the AF I paid, but gave me 7,500 points. Since the AF is already paid for, I accepted the points.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:48 pm

I called today and asked for a full or prorated refund of the annual fee because of the devaluation. The rep offered nothing. Then I asked if there was anything else she could do and she promptly offered 2500 bonus points. Since I had already paid the AF, I took it. Call was less than 5 minutes.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Just called 3 times in a row. The first call I got an agent who was borderline rude. She said one sentence to me: "You know, we reserve the right to change any of the benefits at any time." Then silence. I was a bit incredulous. After challenging her and receiving more pushback, I hung up and called again. 2nd agent was a bit more friendly, but still absolutely wouldn't budge. Blamed the whole thing on Club Carlson and repeatedly suggested that I call them instead to air my grievances. Hung up again. 3rd time got a super friendly agent (I could immediately tell). Told her my situation and asked if there was anything she could do with the annual fee. She said she could take a look and then offered a refund of the fee that I paid in December.

I have the Club Carlson Business Visa, with $60 annual fee. I've had this card for over 2 years now, and make pretty consistent (but low) spend on it... around $3k-$5k per year.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glu800
Just called 3 times in a row. The first call I got an agent who was borderline rude. She said one sentence to me: "You know, we reserve the right to change any of the benefits at any time." Then silence. I was a bit incredulous. After challenging her and receiving more pushback, I hung up and called again. 2nd agent was a bit more friendly, but still absolutely wouldn't budge. Blamed the whole thing on Club Carlson and repeatedly suggested that I call them instead to air my grievances. Hung up again. 3rd time got a super friendly agent (I could immediately tell). Told her my situation and asked if there was anything she could do with the annual fee. She said she could take a look and then offered a refund of the fee that I paid in December.

I have the Club Carlson Business Visa, with $60 annual fee. I've had this card for over 2 years now, and make pretty consistent (but low) spend on it... around $3k-$5k per year.
No luck to get any credit on the annual fee paid in Dec on a personal card.

Did get 7500 courtesy pts. Had to call 2nd time and insisted on a supervisor.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:54 pm

Cape Town's property is in a very good location. No elite recognition whatsoever but that is the norm of CC properties. Room is on the small side but with clean line decor it is bright and pleasant. We were given a room on the 1st floor with 2 sides of window - one side facing the parking outside but the other side facing the small marina adjacent to the hotel. So that was nicer than having rooms straightly facing the parking / street.
We got upgraded to 2 BR Suite last month at Radisson Blu Waterfront Cape Town with free awesome breakfast every morning. I only have gold status with CC. The 2 BR Suite was awesome!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 2:00 pm

I just applied for a Club Carlson Business Card Version to take advantage of 85K points before June 1 and got 7-10 business days notification. I have a personal card I applied 2 years ago. I have 8 inquiries for the past 12 months. I hope I was approved so I could cancel the personal card as the annual fees for the business card is cheaper.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frugaltravel
We got upgraded to 2 BR Suite last month at Radisson Blu Waterfront Cape Town with free awesome breakfast every morning. I only have gold status with CC. The 2 BR Suite was awesome!
Lucky you. Your stay must not be in the first week of March.

When we were there, we finished our Garden Route one day early. Tried to find a place from Camps Bay and up. Every place we tried was sold out. When we checked with Radisson and were ready to pay the usual $200 a night rate, followed by our 2x2 award nights. The general manager told us the hotel was sold out but a couple superior rooms, at $460 a night (5530 rand + taxes)... we found out we happened to be in town at a period where there was some Art and Design week (2/26 to 3/01). Our awards started on 2/28, right in the middle of the Art and Design Week.

The price quoted was too much so we back tracked Eastward to Strand / Gordon Bay area for that night.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 10, 2015 at 2:25 pm
Old Apr 10, 2015, 2:28 pm

Lucky you. We happened to be in town at a period where there was some Art and Design week (2/26 to 3/01) that basically even the superior room went for $500 a night and only a few left. Every lodging option within 20 miles were sold out. We arrived a day earlier and were ready to pay the normal $200 rate for that extra night but the price quoted was too much so we back tracked to Strand / Gorden Bay area for that night.
We were there 3/14-3/17. The hotel was fully booked though when we checked in. But we were very lucky that a 2 BR suite available in the morning when we checked in, but we needed to wait for few hours for the room to be cleaned.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frugaltravel
We were there 3/14-3/17. The hotel was fully booked though when we checked in. But we were very lucky that a 2 BR suite available in the morning when we checked in, but we needed to wait for few hours for the room to be cleaned.
Interesting. We arrived the next day in mid afternoon. Took them a lot of typing to find us a room. I asked if there was any type of upgrade, were told no, you booked standard room, so that would be standard room.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:09 pm

Interesting. We arrived the next day in mid afternoon. Took them a lot of typing to find us a room. I asked if there was any type of upgrade, were told no, you booked standard room, so that would be standard room.
We didn't expect it either. There were no Business Room or 1 BR Suite available, only 2 BR Suite available. We also got upgraded to Business Room in Radisson Blu Gautrain, Joburg with free breakfast every morning.

We almost always got a room upgrade when we stayed at Club Carlson Properties (Radisson, Radisson Blu, Park Inn) with our only Gold status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.