Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Maybe you didn't know how to explain/write/say. Did you reply back?
Did you call in or SM? I tried calling in 2 separate times and both times got rejected.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by runnnerdude2k2
Well, I politely told them that I wasn't happy with the changes and wanted a refund of my fees. How else should I approach ?

If you meant to reply to CFPB complaint, no I haven't yet replied.
You should
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: Far too many
Exactly how is anyone going about getting more than 7.5 K points and a refund of $75 if the account is closed?

We got this offer, but nothing more after CFPB complaint.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA/United/HH/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson
Originally Posted by billydee
Thanks for the detailed info.

I called US Bank and after asking for a supervisor was offered 7500 CC points, which I thanked them for.

And just now filed the complaint, we'll see what happens.
Well, the good news is I got 7500 pts BUT the not so good news is after filing the complaint with CFPB all I got was a letter from US Bank saying sorry no AF refund for you.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by travel light
Exactly how is anyone going about getting more than 7.5 K points and a refund of $75 if the account is closed?

We got this offer, but nothing more after CFPB complaint.
You don't have to close your account to get the fee refund and points.

If you do close, they will refund your fee if you ask them.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:50 pm

Well, the good news is I got 7500 pts BUT the not so good news is after filing the complaint with CFPB all I got was a letter from US Bank saying sorry no AF refund for you.
You should reply back saying the matter is NOT resolved and explain why you deserve fee refund
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Beetlesauce
Pretty weird to have such an issue. I just got card in last week in March and blew thru my $2500 spend requirement in 5 days. Included Target Redbird charges of $971, $963 and $514 plus other spend. Got fraud alert on 2nd charge but cleared up in 60 secs while still at Target and was able to charge with no issues. My credit score was low 700's.
it might be because I haven't used my US Bank other card in quite some time (like years), after about 2 days, I was able to charge higher amounts without further issue. I racked up the 2500 in last 3 days.. now just waiting for statement to close, points to post and close the card... not worth the 75.00 fee for me.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:41 pm

I haven't had any problems charging on this card either. $495, $498 and $600 with no FA's.
Old May 3, 2015, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I haven't yet "complained" about the program changes. I recall when they were first announced, folks were calling in and getting a few bonus points. And then it seemed like "formal" complaints were netting more. But now -- nothing?

The annual fee on my biz card has just come due and, for obvious reasons, I'd like a sweetener to renew. What's the best strategy to pursue right now?

Thanks.
Old May 4, 2015, 7:15 am

If anyone still questioned whether this card and program were gutted the new devaluation for June 1st should solidify that. The number of hotels moving to 70k/night is insane, especially when combined with no longer receiving 2nd night free. This card with sign-up bonus and points for minimum spending requirement has quickly gone from providing four nights in a top Club Carlson hotel (100k pts in most cases) to not even providing two nights at a good hotel (140k).

It takes about a week to receive the card after application. Even meeting min spend in one day and waiting for statement is going to cut it very close to you getting four nights. In about a week you'll be getting 2 nights (first 50k pts w/ 2nd night free) since the additional bonus points won't post in time. You'll have to decide if the card is worth it at that point... but this card is losing application value everyday as June 1st draws closer.
Old May 4, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by iahphx
So I haven't yet "complained" about the program changes. I recall when they were first announced, folks were calling in and getting a few bonus points. And then it seemed like "formal" complaints were netting more. But now -- nothing?

The annual fee on my biz card has just come due and, for obvious reasons, I'd like a sweetener to renew. What's the best strategy to pursue right now?

Thanks.
The best strategy now is to use every point in that account ASAP and cancel the card.
Old May 4, 2015, 8:20 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by iahphx
I wrote USBank a letter (and submitted it via the online communications portal) explaining my displeasure at the changes so soon (2 months) after my annual fee was billed this year, and requesting a refund of the annual fee. Not surprisingly, that was declined but they posted 2,500 points to my account.

I was going to pursue this further in hopes of at least getting the 7,500 points others were offered, but with the category changes announced yesterday, the extra points are not worth it to me anymore as I am just going to burn the remaining points I have, close my card account, and say bye to the Club Carlson program.
Old May 4, 2015, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by dw
I wrote USBank a letter (and submitted it via the online communications portal) explaining my displeasure at the changes so soon (2 months) after my annual fee was billed this year, and requesting a refund of the annual fee. Not surprisingly, that was declined but they posted 2,500 points to my account.

I was going to pursue this further in hopes of at least getting the 7,500 points others were offered, but with the category changes announced yesterday, the extra points are not worth it to me anymore as I am just going to burn the remaining points I have, close my card account, and say bye to the Club Carlson program.
More reasons to file complaints to get fee back cos now 210 hotel are going up soon. More devaluation
Old May 4, 2015, 12:04 pm

Got a call about my CFPB complaint. Pretty much same as others. No dice. She said US Bank's decision is to not offer any AF refunds and no additional CC points (already got 7,500 from a mgr on prior call). I asked if the bank was picking and choosing who and when to give a refund as some people have reported getting refunds. She replied that anybody that says they received a refund (without closing account) is lying as they are not waiving or refunding any fees. Of course, I don't believe that BS. She said they read and monitor all the social media sites and blogs/forums out there to see what people are saying.

After about 15 mins and getting nowhere, I basically told her I consider the matter unresolved as I'm not satisfied with the compensation received since I had planned to use my points next year but have not planned where and when we'll be going.
Old May 4, 2015, 12:20 pm

When I called in, a supervisor told me that I could only have my AF refunded if I cancelled my card. Isn't that a bit counter-intuitive? I figured if they wouldn't refund a current customer, they sure wouldn't refund a customer who was leaving. My AF was back in Feb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.