Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 6:25 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TheAJ
Called tonight to fake cancel my account to get the annual fee waived

Representative didn't even ask why and proceeded to start the process [...] No transfer to retention or anything. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.
Did you say you were calling to ask if there was a retention offer, or whether the annual fee could be waived, or did you just start to "fake cancel" (which would sound the same to the phone agent as a genuine cancellation call)?

It seems unreasonable to call a card issuer and ask them to close an account, then be surprised or disappointed when they proceed to do precisely that.
Old May 13, 2015, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by IMH
Did you say you were calling to ask if there was a retention offer, or whether the annual fee could be waived, or did you just start to "fake cancel" (which would sound the same to the phone agent as a genuine cancellation call)?

It seems unreasonable to call a card issuer and ask them to close an account, then be surprised or disappointed when they proceed to do precisely that.
I'l try the second option this time. I don't think it's unreasonable. In my experience with Citi, Barclays and Amex, asking to cancel the card always results in the agent asking "why" and in 90% of cases some sort of incentive to keep the card alive.

In my opinion, just flat out asking for a retention offer seems awkward, but I will try to ask straight up if they can waive the annual fee. I've never tried that and it seems very easy for them to just say "no."
Old May 13, 2015, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by TheAJ
I'l try the second option this time. I don't think it's unreasonable. In my experience with Citi, Barclays and Amex, asking to cancel the card always results in the agent asking "why" and in 90% of cases some sort of incentive to keep the card alive.

In my opinion, just flat out asking for a retention offer seems awkward, but I will try to ask straight up if they can waive the annual fee. I've never tried that and it seems very easy for them to just say "no."
It is unreasonable and the solution is very simple.

"I'm thinking of closing the card but would like to know if there are any retention offers."

Was that hard?
Old May 13, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Ok. I got the 7500 points on the phone for the "Card devaluation"... I was <this> close to trying to negotiate for more, but I punked out and just took it.

Anyway, how long should I expect to wait until the points post? My statement closes in 4 days, and I've calculated & spent exactly how much I need for a 2-night award.

J4H
Old May 14, 2015, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by exarkun
It is unreasonable and the solution is very simple.

"I'm thinking of closing the card but would like to know if there are any retention offers."

Was that hard?
What exactly did you add there that I didn't already acknowledge in my previous post?

Last edited by TheAJ; May 14, 2015 at 11:44 pm
Old May 17, 2015, 10:04 pm

For anyone that got the card in the last month/month and half or so, has your gold status posted yet?

I know in the past, the gold status usually posts in the first statement or 4-6 weeks.

Thanks!
Old May 18, 2015, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by ang2383
For anyone that got the card in the last month/month and half or so, has your gold status posted yet?

I know in the past, the gold status usually posts in the first statement or 4-6 weeks.

Thanks!
Approved 4/5. Gold status posted a few days after the first statement closed in May.
Old May 18, 2015, 8:52 am

Can anyone let me know the exact expiration of regular points. The sign up 85K points expire when? And the free night each 12 months I read expires 12 months from the time you have been awarded the annual free night (going forward, as it used to be BOGO nights)?

I will be putting at minimum, regular charges on it to keep the card active if that was hurdle to a longer expiration of points.

They've also not made the AF conspicuous on the CC application site, I assume for the personal card, the AF hits immediately on the first cycle?

Last edited by DeltaNeutral28; May 18, 2015 at 8:54 am Reason: .
Old May 18, 2015, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by aimorris
Approved 4/5. Gold status posted a few days after the first statement closed in May.
Thanks!
Old May 21, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Carlson Visa - sign up bonus spend - credits/refunds

I signed up for the Carlson Visa (US Bank) and have to meet a $2500 spend to get extra bonus.

I went ahead and paid $1000 into my Farmers Insurance account as I know the insurance bill will come up soon (but likely after the min spend expiry). Went through fine.

Then Farmers 'refunded' it - looks like because there is no amount due or outstanding and they don't carry a credit balance?

Anyway it has now appeared back into the Calrson Visa account as a credit from Farmers INsurance. Doesn't specify that it's a credit.

So my question is will my initial $1000 spend on Farmers go towards my minimum spend requirement, or will the refund reverse that - meaning I have to find another way to manufacture $1000 worth of spend?
Old May 21, 2015, 6:28 am

You need to get two $500 VGC's from the multiple stores or online sites that sell them and not put anything to chance. You're looking at spending a maximum of $14 and a trip to WM to put this issue to bed to ensure you get the additional 35k Carlson points. That's about 80-90% of a hotel night for $14. Don't wait around for the anvil to fall on your head if you can get out of the way on your own. I suspect most people MS the Carlson card anyway, so getting VGC's is probably in your future anyhow.
Old May 22, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
You need to get two $500 VGC's from the multiple stores or online sites that sell them and not put anything to chance. You're looking at spending a maximum of $14 and a trip to WM to put this issue to bed to ensure you get the additional 35k Carlson points. That's about 80-90% of a hotel night for $14. Don't wait around for the anvil to fall on your head if you can get out of the way on your own. I suspect most people MS the Carlson card anyway, so getting VGC's is probably in your future anyhow.
Yes indeed - one complication - I don't currently live in USA. So can't walk into a store to buy a VGC. I think my options are limited to Amex GC bought online.

Are there any other options - like virtual GCs (visa or Amex) which I don't even have to get delivered?
Old May 22, 2015, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by alect
So my question is will my initial $1000 spend on Farmers go towards my minimum spend requirement, or will the refund reverse that - meaning I have to find another way to manufacture $1000 worth of spend?
You need an additional $1k spend to make up for it.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
How long until I can make 2-night purchase?

Wife got approved for Club Carlson Biz today. She's already got points in her account. How long until free night benefit gets turned on? (I know I've got 4 days to make this work!)

J4H
Old May 28, 2015, 8:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Wife got approved for Club Carlson Biz today. She's already got points in her account. How long until free night benefit gets turned on? (I know I've got 4 days to make this work!)

J4H
It will work right now, no waiting period. Just click through your booking, at the very end, the points rate will drop in half. I'm not sure if you need the x2 amount to initiate the booking, but the rate shows as x2 for several screens before it drops in half.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.