Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by AwardBee
Do the 7,500 points from complaining to USBank post instantly? Called CS and got the 7,500 point offer after specifically asking for it, but told it will take 1-2 statement cycles to post?
Not instant.You will see it on your next statement. Check online under rewards the day after your statement closes but why did you settle for 7500 points? They increased the reward rate for 210 of their motels world wide and took away the bonus award night benefit too. Why not 25K or $75 refund?
Old May 9, 2015, 11:59 am
Suspended

Ended up canceling my personal account as well. .... Club Carlson and US Bank.
Old May 9, 2015, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
but why did you settle for 7500 points? They increased the reward rate for 210 of their motels world wide and took away the bonus award night benefit too. Why not 25K or $75 refund?
Not offered to me despite multiple phone attempts and CFPB process. Hope they get a big fat government fine.
Old May 10, 2015, 12:18 am

Got 3 CC cards a couple months ago, and managed to burn through the 300k points I earned with them before both of these ridiculous devaluations. Spent a few hundred on GCs a few weeks ago to top up the balance on one of my accounts - when all is said and done, I'll have earned and burned 300k points in ~3 months, and have less than 200 points left across 3 accounts. I've got reservations made into March 2016.

Definitely not happy about the bait and switch feeling that I'm getting from USB/CC, but if you can manage to drain your accounts like this, it definitely helps.
Old May 10, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: Far too many
credit posting speedily

Not instant.You will see it on your next statement. Check online under rewards the day after your statement closes but why did you settle for 7500 points? They increased the reward rate for 210 of their motels world wide and took away the bonus award night benefit too. Why not 25K or $75 refund?
We saw the credit the next day on the US Bank CC account. Then it transfered to the Club Carlson account at the next statement.
Old May 11, 2015, 12:49 pm

Anyone know what happens if you make a reservation with the bonus night now, and then have to adjust the dates later? Don't have summer 2016 plans set in stone yet, but obviously would like to drain my CC balances while I can.
Old May 11, 2015, 1:19 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nrdk
Anyone know what happens if you make a reservation with the bonus night now, and then have to adjust the dates later?
My recollection -- and I'm pretty sure that others have reported the same experience -- is that changes lead to points being returned or deducted as necessary to reflect (1) the change (e.g. more or fewer nights); (2) redemption rules and prices at the time of the change and (3) the member's entitlement to a bonus night (e.g. rebooking to save points after acquiring the credit card).

Changes would also be subject to award nights being available for your new dates.
Old May 11, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Data point…Got 7,500 from CSR and another 7,500 from CFPB complaint. Both posted on my statement so got 15k total. I will still cancel when annual fee hits.
Old May 11, 2015, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
Data point…Got 7,500 from CSR and another 7,500 from CFPB complaint. Both posted on my statement so got 15k total. I will still cancel when annual fee hits.
You can reply back on same complaint, threaten state's AG's office complaint for scam and try to get 25k points or fee waiver.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:19 am

Is there a reliable way to get something charged to your room on an award stay to trigger the 30K bonus?
Old May 12, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
You can reply back on same complaint, threaten state's AG's office complaint for scam and try to get 25k points or fee waiver.
I did reply back to the CFPB complaint, but got no response (I never do)...I am thinking of filing a complaint with the State banking commission.
Old May 12, 2015, 10:01 am

US Bank Club Carlson Sign. Visa Card, 85K Sign up, 40k/yr on renewal[Gutted]

Does anyone know how long after the annual fee posts one can cancel and get the fee refunded? Is it the typical 30 days. Thanks
Old May 12, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by thrillhouse763
I would double check on this. I thought I read that you have to book by May 16th in order to still get the free night bonus. I'm currently planning a trip and will be booking before then to ensure I can get the bonus.
Where did you read about the May 16th date?
Old May 12, 2015, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by coltonatx
Does anyone know how long after the annual fee posts one can cancel and get the fee refunded? Is it the typical 30 days. Thanks
You can get fee refund even if you paid fee back in June of 2014, The phone reps are offering fee refund due to the bonus award night benefit elimination. But you can also try to follow the routes people took to get fee back and points after the complaints
Old May 12, 2015, 8:24 pm

Called tonight to fake cancel my account to get the annual fee waived

Representative didn't even ask why and proceeded to start the process, also indicating that all my club carlson points tied to the account would be forfeit (false). No transfer to retention or anything. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.