Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Aitchly
Just got this:

"Dear Aitchly,

As a valued Club CarlsonSM member and Club Carlson VisaŽ cardholder, we would like to tell you about an upcoming change to your Visa benefits.
>blahblah<

And, to thank you for your continued loyalty, you can earn 30,000 bonus Gold PointsŽ on your next Eligible Stay at a Carlson Rezidor hotel worldwide when you pay with your Club CarlsonSM VisaŽ. Offer ends August 31, 2015. Terms and conditions apply.*

* Bonus Points Offer Terms and Conditions

The 30,000 Bonus Points Offer (the "Offer") is available only to Club CarlsonSM VisaŽ cardholders. The Offer is valid for 30,000 bonus Gold PointsŽ on an Eligible Stay between April 1, 2015 and August 31, 2015 ("Promotion Period"). One Offer per Club Carlson Visa account holder. You must provide your Club Carlson number at the time of reservation or at check-in and pay for your stay with your Club CarlsonSM VisaŽ. Stays or nights paid for by redeeming points or by using Points + Cash are not eligible for the Offer.
"

Helps a little . . . before I cancel. Oddly, the spouse did not get the bonus offer in a similar email.
The Mrs. and I both received the "30,000 Bonus Points Offer." Both of us have been using the Club Carlson credit card.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Really no surprise that this exceptional benefit was to eventually end, it just hurts.

If I did not have the card, I would for sure not got through the trouble of applying.

If I just got the card, I would just enjoy the sign up bonus and book before June. But this card is not worth keeping. My So & I each have the personal and business.

I will keep one business due to lower fee and cancel all other 3.

The biggest allure of this card was Last night free on two night stays at expensive European properties (50-75K). Now I just see them overpriced at regular rate. SPG/Hyatt is better.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:20 am

The agreement and terms clearly mentions "ENJOY ALL THESE BENEFITS" after paying $75. So You shouldn't have trouble getting the $75 back with CFPB.

So they have to live up to their terms. Not interested in wasting 3% forex fee to earn the 30k points at their motels. They also don't have many to use the points.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
BREAKING NEWS:

Effective June 1 the ‘Bonus Award Night’ will be replaced by a single free award night after $10,000 spend on the card each year.

May 28th maybe the last day to use your free night.

Horrible news and devaluation! Members are requested to go to Club Carlson social media sites and raise your concern! You can also email them, call them and request them to not take this important benefit away! https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson https://twitter.com/clubcarlson https://www.facebook.com/usbank Call the number on back of your card.
I'm glad I didn't waste an inquiry on Experian for this card when I mulled applying for it in February. If CC had more hotels where I travel might be worth getting the 85k for one stay, but not for long term. Right now the 20 points per dollar spent is what keeps card somewhat competitive, I guess.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:56 pm

The agreement and terms clearly mentions "ENJOY ALL THESE BENEFITS" after paying $75. So You shouldn't have trouble getting the $75 back with CFPB.

So they have to live up to their terms. Not interested in wasting 3% forex fee to earn the 30k points at their motels. They also don't have many to use the points.
I contacted US Bank about the loss of the bonus award night benefit and mentioned that the $75 fee/year includes the benefit.

I was told that the annual fee refund is requested and I can expect a statement credit in 7-10 days. I will report back as soon as I see the annual fee refunded to my account.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list

They do not have to live up to their terms. You can ask for a refund but don't be shocked if they say "no".
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:00 pm

I called them this afternoon and according to the agent, all the card holders could have 30k bonus point if they stayed in Club carlson before August 31st. No matter whether they received the email.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:23 pm

Business App Down?

Has anyone applied for the business version of the card today? I've tried several times and gotten this error:

We are experiencing Technical Difficulties.
The page you requested cannot be displayed. If you would like to return to the previous page, click your browser’s Back button. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If I click back, it goes right back to a blank application. After trying in two browsers on two computers, I called the UW dept and spoke with a human. They said they didn't see any app under my SSN, so I tried again but got the same error. Waited a few hours and the same thing. I know, I know -- don't keep submitting at this point. But has anyone else had this issue?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by takeoffwithmiles
I contacted US Bank about the loss of the bonus award night benefit
For additional discussion on this topic, see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carls...-2015-a-7.html
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:28 pm

Does USBank allow PC from CC card to another? Possibly cash+?

I just was approved in the last few weeks but without the bonus night this card is not going to be useful for me and I'd love to change to a different product!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by 466SHH
A free night at a US Club Carlson property is certainly not worth diverting $10K of spend from my SPG Amex.
Concur - haven't stayed @ CC property for at least 15 years, so pretty useless to me. Certainly better options for 10k spend -

Originally Posted by philemer
Good point. And awards can be booked ~1 year in advance. Good article here: http://millionmilesecrets.com/2015/0...6/#more-119199
No doubt nice for those who can do so, but not for me as I will be unable use my points until summer 2016 - when I was hoping to do so at some of the better properties in Europe. Now these have basically been devalued 50%

Originally Posted by waingro
Obviously, I will not be renewing.
+1 Unfortunately just paid annual fee in February but may just cancel now so I don't forget.

Another card bites the dust.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:11 am

There have been numerous recent devaluations of points and miles (Marriott, Avios and soon WN Rapid rewards). However would it be fair to say this is the single largest across the board devaluation of points ever? They have halved the value of their program. This card was on my radar for awhile but not anymore.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:38 am

Is this a big devaluation? Yes. Do I think it warrants the label of "gutted"? No. This card is still on par with the benefits of other hotel cards. Actually I think there is a major benefit to the CC Card over other hotel cards, in that the annual bonus is paid in points vs vouchers that expire in 12 or even 6 months. So yeah, it took a big hit, but even when I first read about this card people were saying the last night free benefit was unsustainable. You're still getting more than the value of your annual fee every year just for having the card.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnCO
Is this a big devaluation? Yes. Do I think it warrants the label of "gutted"? No. This card is still on par with the benefits of other hotel cards. Actually I think there is a major benefit to the CC Card over other hotel cards, in that the annual bonus is paid in points vs vouchers that expire in 12 or even 6 months. So yeah, it took a big hit, but even when I first read about this card people were saying the last night free benefit was unsustainable. You're still getting more than the value of your annual fee every year just for having the card.
They have much fewer high quality properties than other chains. They also have very few properties in Asia outside India. If not for the bonus free night, there are hardly any people would pay attention to the Club Carlson program, truth be told.

What they should have done is to modify an overly generous program to make it sustainable by other ways such as raising point levels, limited free nights per year, things like that. Instead, they chose to gut the program because the replacement value of the $10K spend a year for a free night limited in US and Peurto Rico is very very lame when comparing to other cards such as Citi's HHonors, Chase' Hyatt. Heck, Chase' IHG your annual fee is only $49 and you get a free night good for 12 months ANYWHERE in the World in ANY property, plus no forex fee.

This card has become worthless overnight in many people's book for good reasons because it simply is not competitive.

Even their top brand Radisson Blu have many very old and very mediocre properties in Europe where the brand concentration is.

In short, their points worth LESS than other chains at redemption in terms of locations and quality of the properties.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
They have much fewer high quality properties than other chains. They also have very few properties in Asia outside India. If not for the bonus free night, there are hardly any people would pay attention to the Club Carlson program, truth be told.

What they should have done is to modify an overly generous program to make it sustainable by other ways such as raising point levels, limited free nights per year, things like that. Instead, they chose to gut the program because the replacement value of the $10K spend a year for a free night limited in US and Peurto Rico is very very lame when comparing to other cards such as Citi's HHonors, Chase' Hyatt. Heck, Chase' IHG your annual fee is only $49 and you get a free night good for 12 months ANYWHERE in the World in ANY property, plus no forex fee.

This card has become worthless overnight in many people's book for good reasons because it simply is not competitive.

Even their top brand Radisson Blu have many very old and very mediocre properties in Europe where the brand concentration is.

In short, their points worth LESS than other chains at redemption in terms of locations and quality of the properties.
Has this harmed the value of the card? Abso-freakin-lutely. Is the limitation of the free night to the US lame? That's affirmative, red rider.. Is the Club Carlson card worth less today than it was before? You betcha. Is it worthless? Not even close.

Look at it this way -- if you spend $12k on this card, you could get 3 free nights in Manhattan. You'd get one free night for the $10k spend, one free night with the 50,000 points you'd get from the first $10k of that spend, and one free night from the 40,000 points you get each year as an anniversary bonus plus the 10,000 points from the extra $2k in spend. Are the rooms as nice as they would be through another chain? Of course not. But you're not going to get 3 nights in Manhattan for $12k spend on the SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, or IHG cards. If you get/have the business version of the Club Carlson, the annual fee is only $60. While I'm incredibly bummed at this massive disappointment in cutting the value of the program, I'm still a realist -- and you can't really beat 3 nights in midtown Manhattan for $12k in spend + a $60 AF.

Speaking of which, I commented on the previous page, but has anyone applied for any of the cards this weekend? I've only gotten a technical problems error message. I've tried apping the business version a few times to no avail -- I just get a technical error when submitting the application. I'm hoping to make this card happen in time to use the bonus on a couple more nights ahead of the May 28th cutoff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.