Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
If I apply for the card and get it before May 31, can I still use the free night bonus feature going away? I dont see the benefit being mentioned on the credit card website?

- naroowal
Old May 4, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by 8fingeredflyer
When I called in, a supervisor told me that I could only have my AF refunded if I cancelled my card. Isn't that a bit counter-intuitive? I figured if they wouldn't refund a current customer, they sure wouldn't refund a customer who was leaving. My AF was back in Feb.
That's good to know, I'll be cancelling both cards after I finish my speculative bookings.
Old May 4, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by naroowal
If I apply for the card and get it before May 31, can I still use the free night bonus feature going away? I dont see the benefit being mentioned on the credit card website?

- naroowal
Yea if you already have points in the account. If not, how would you use this feature?
Old May 4, 2015, 1:40 pm

Why are some of the hotels requiring a three night stay now?
Old May 4, 2015, 2:31 pm

I did a mattress run last Wednesday, which should give me 50k+ points. That's the only stay I've ever done at CC properties. When should I expect the points to post? I want to book some rooms before the devaluation.
Old May 4, 2015, 3:43 pm

there are too many wrong with this CARD and its program!

1) The main benefit (bonus award night) they sold for $75 annual fee is going away
2) Right after eliminating the bonus award night benefit, they now want to increase the award rate for 210 hotels
3)They hate heavy users and keeps blocking charges and even canceling cards quick
4) They don't have many properties like the other chains and except for BLU, their hotels are motel type and low quality.

No more reasons needed to cancel the cards now but file the BBB & CFPB complaints and if they reply, don't let it go, reply back and tell them unresolved until you get your fees back.

Redeem your points and than cancel the card.

BLoggers are saying as long as they tell us in advance this is fair! really? lol, ofcourse they would say this cos they need the REFERRAL BONUSES & commissions!
Old May 4, 2015, 10:29 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Beetlesauce
Got a call about my CFPB complaint. Pretty much same as others. No dice. She said US Bank's decision is to not offer any AF refunds and no additional CC points (already got 7,500 from a mgr on prior call). I asked if the bank was picking and choosing who and when to give a refund as some people have reported getting refunds. She replied that anybody that says they received a refund (without closing account) is lying as they are not waiving or refunding any fees. Of course, I don't believe that BS. She said they read and monitor all the social media sites and blogs/forums out there to see what people are saying.

Yup! So to the Club Carlson CSR's monitoring this site...you folks went overboard! From the best program to one of the worst. US Bank... this was your best credit card. Did you have no clout whatsoever with Club Carlson on this?
Old May 5, 2015, 10:36 am

- naroowal
I would double check on this. I thought I read that you have to book by May 16th in order to still get the free night bonus. I'm currently planning a trip and will be booking before then to ensure I can get the bonus.
Old May 5, 2015, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by thrillhouse763
I thought I read that you have to book by May 16th in order to still get the free night bonus.
The information I have is: "Beginning June 1, 2015, you can earn a Free Night, good at any Carlson Rezidor hotel in the U.S. This Free Night will replace the current Bonus Award Night benefit. Bonus Award Night stays may not be booked after June 1, 2015."
Old May 6, 2015, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I did a mattress run last Wednesday, which should give me 50k+ points. That's the only stay I've ever done at CC properties. When should I expect the points to post? I want to book some rooms before the devaluation.
I did a mattress run on Fri night at a CC property near me. Checked out Sat morning. It's now Wed (four days later) and I already have 36,400 points added to my CC account from the triple play promotion for the run. This does not include the hotel credit card charge points (880 points). Those points will be transfered from US Bank to Club Carlson when my statement closes in mid May.

So, that plus the 7,500 bonus gives me an additional 44,780 points to book one or two more hotels.
Old May 6, 2015, 11:29 pm

- naroowal
I doubt that your statement would close before the end of the month. If it does and you did the spend, then yes you could still use the free night benefit.
Old May 7, 2015, 12:29 am

I was just looking at my credit report and noticed that even though the statement closed with a $50 balance (annual fee) on the 17th of April, US Bank reported I had a balance of $722 on April 1st, before I even had the card. This bank does suck.

Last edited by diseased; May 7, 2015 at 1:40 am
Old May 7, 2015, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by diseased
I was just looking at my credit report and noticed that even though the statement closed with a $50 balance (annual fee) on the 17th of April, US Bank reported I had a balance of $722 on April 1st, before I even had the card. This bank does suck.
Not sure how that is possible but it is common knowledge US bank reports to credit bureaus on the 1st
Old May 7, 2015, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Not sure how that is possible but it is common knowledge US bank reports to credit bureaus on the 1st
I guess it's not common knowledge to anyone who has never dealt with US Bank
Old May 9, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Do the 7,500 points from complaining to USBank post instantly? Called CS and got the 7,500 point offer after specifically asking for it, but told it will take 1-2 statement cycles to post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.