Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:10 pm

I applied and got instant approval (!!!). I plan on applying for a few more cards (3 or 4) but have read on here that it may be good to wait a little while because US Bank sometimes rechecks your credit and denies you if they see a lot of recent inquiries. Any recommendation on how long I should wait? ...I don't want the new pull from US Bank to prevent me from getting approved for any other cards.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:38 pm
wcj

You don't say what your app history is, so hard to say. I was instant approved, did four other apps immediately thereafter.....Not a peep from US Bank.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:04 pm

Sorry, before applying I have

For accounts:
5 new accounts in the last 12 months
2 accounts less than 6 months old
No accounts less than 3 months

For inquiries:
2 on TU and 3 on EXP in last 12 months
1 inquiry on both TU and EXP in last 6 months
None in last 3 months

After typing that out I realize I'm better off than I thought. I was real conservative for a while cause I wanted to make sure I got approved for this card. Now that I'm approved I just don't want to jinx myself. All my CC's are less than 2 years old so I don't have a long credit history in my favor (though I have a loan that goes back 5 years).
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: DL Gold
Quick question: What if an award booking is made before applying for the credit card, and then the credit card is added to the reservation afterwards? Will the bonus night apply?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by hotelmotel
Quick question: What if an award booking is made before applying for the credit card, and then the credit card is added to the reservation afterwards? Will the bonus night apply?
It is probably better to cancel and recreate the reservation assuming availability is there. I suggest calling Club Carlson reservations.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by gv111
It is probably better to cancel and recreate the reservation assuming availability is there. I suggest calling Club Carlson reservations.
Of course I will do that if availability is there later.

But I ask because it's a popular destination in peak season, and I'd like to lock in my nights now when it's available. I figured someone may have experience with this situation.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by gv111

But I ask because it's a popular destination in peak season, and I'd like to lock in my nights now when it's available. I figured someone may have experience with this situation.
I was in this same situation, though award availability *should* have been there, as there were standard rooms available. I called Club Carlson a couple of times before my stay and they weren't helpful. You could try calling the hotel, you might have better luck. After my stay, I sent an email to CC. Corporate said they couldn't do anything, but forwarded it on to the hotel who credited me the 50k points. The points showed on my account as "Discretionary Point Addition - Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris"

The email I sent:
I recently completed an award stay at the
Radisson Blu Champs Elysees in Paris, confirmation number [....]. I booked
the stay prior to having the Club Carlson Visa Business credit card, but
the stay occurred after I received it.

No one was able to adjust my reservation to make my last night free.
While the hotel still had standard rooms available to book, it showed no
50,000 point award nights available, so I didn't want to cancel my
reservation and rebook it due to the chance that it wouldn't let me get
those nights again on points. I tried emailing and calling customer
service and no one was able to help.

Since I was entitled to my last night free due to having the credit
card, would it be possible to have a 50,000 point adjustment added to my
account?
Corporate response:
Thank you for taking the time to write.

As we are unable to adjust a reservation after check out, we have
forwarded your request to have 50,000 points returned for the last night
of stay to the Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris for them to
research the situation and respond to you directly within 7 business
days. If you require further assistance, please contact us.
Hotel response:
Thank you for taking time contacting our Help Desk.

I have received a message concerning your issue with your last reservation.

I’m deeply sorry, that you have to spend additional time requesting something, that you should receive automatically, as a benefit for your Visa Carlson Business Card.
I took immediate action to reimburse you the one night you have spent with us.

I trust you will find it to your satisfaction.
I remain at your disposal for any additional inquiries.

Respectfully yours
So my recommendation would be to call or email the hotel directly once the card shows up as linked to your account. Of course, if there are still award rooms available, you can just cancel and rebook.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs

Makes sense. Also pls keep in mind that the free last night is available on your CC account within 1-2 of card activation. However it may not be available online. You have to call CC reservations in order to get it.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
I already have the Club Carlson card....today I received a promo in the mail that said I would receive 2 bonus points (total 7X) for all "purchases made at gas stations." I called customer service and asked only gasoline or any purchase at a gas station. She said only gasoline. Was wondering if anyone else received this promo?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:42 pm
In memoriam

I just got the Club C card and did not get this offer (yet). But, have to wonder if the rep was correct because I understand that what counts is how the retailer is coded as to merchant type by Visa, MC and AX.

In other words, any purchase at a gas station should get you the bonus.

Give it a shot and let us know what happens.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by LivelyFL
I already have the Club Carlson card....today I received a promo in the mail that said I would receive 2 bonus points (total 7X) for all "purchases made at gas stations." I called customer service and asked only gasoline or any purchase at a gas station. She said only gasoline. Was wondering if anyone else received this promo?
Originally Posted by biggestbopper
I just got the Club C card and did not get this offer (yet). But, have to wonder if the rep was correct because I understand that what counts is how the retailer is coded as to merchant type by Visa, MC and AX.

In other words, any purchase at a gas station should get you the bonus.

Give it a shot and let us know what happens.
Yeah, it depends on the retailer and how it's coded. Some gas stations have "pay at the pump" coded as gas, and purchases inside coded some other way. Some just have any purchase coded as gas, including the 7-11 near me. YMMV. If you have a Chase Amazon Visa (2x on gas), you could make a small purchase inside and see how it's coded when it posts, since Chase is now showing bonus points in transactions in your online statements.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 1:08 pm

How long have you had the card? What was your spending habits on it? Just curious incase this was purely targeted. Im sure others will report in if they get the promo. I havent gotten it yet, but just recently got the card. Would love to get the bonus!
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by TheXMan
How long have you had the card? What was your spending habits on it? Just curious incase this was purely targeted. Im sure others will report in if they get the promo. I havent gotten it yet, but just recently got the card. Would love to get the bonus!
I got the card on 1/11/2013. I met the spend and put it in the drawer. The only time I took it out of the drawer was for 1 stay in Baltimore and 1 stay in Gainesville (Go Gators).

My husband also received the promo in the mail. He got his card 3/9/13, met the spend and never used it again.

One last thing, the T&C of the promo say the bonus points (2X) for purchases at gas stations are posted 10-12 weeks AFTER the promotional period ends on 12/31/13...so it's not like I can even test whether gas only or all gas station purchases are included in the promo.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Snagged by ADS/IDA

I got turned down (my only denial among 4 cards applied for yesterday), probably because of the ADS/IDA nonsense. So if I freeze my information now and approach US Bank in say a couple of weeks after also re-matching to CC Gold status, are they likely to approve it, if so would another hard pull be involved? (Most banks don't do another hard pull within 30 days of an application)
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:09 pm

I got the same promo in the mail today for my personal card, max 5000 points. I have been targeted for various promos across several other bank-branded cards, so I need to plan my usage accordingly.

The disclaimer says that this is dependent on how a merchant code itself. Personally, though, I'd just expect it for gasoline only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.