Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2022, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyingfkb
All internal restrictions removed:
  • Belgium - No border restrictions (per IATA, no restrictions; per Belgian government, "This does not apply to travelers coming from a country with a new variant of concern.").
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina - No border restrictions.
  • Bulgaria - No border restrictions.
  • Denmark - No border restrictions.
  • Croatia - No border restrictions.
  • Czech Republic - No border restrictions.
  • England - No border restrictions.
  • Estonia - No border restrictions.
  • Finland - No border restrictions.
  • France - Some border restrictions remain for non-vaccinated pax coming from some non-EU countries. Masks required on some public transport (Nice).
  • Germany - No border restrictions.
  • Greece - No border restrictions. ​
  • Hungary - No border restrictions.
  • Iceland - No border restrictions.
  • Ireland - No border restrictions.
  • Kosovo - No border restrictions.
  • Latvia - No border restrictions.
  • Malta - No border restrictions.
  • Moldova - No border restrictions.
  • Netherlands - Some border restrictions remain for non-EU arrivals.
  • Norway - No border restrictions.
  • North Macedonia - No border restrictions.
  • Poland - No border restrictions.
  • Portugal, Madeira and Porto Santo - no border restrictions (excludes Azores)
  • Romania - No border restrictions.
  • Scotland - No border restrictions.
  • Serbia - No border restrictions.
  • Slovakia - No border restrictions.
  • Slovenia - No border restrictions.
  • Sweden - No border restrictions.
  • Switzerland - No border restrictions.
  • Turkey - No border restrictions.
  • Wales - No border restrictions.
Internal restrictions generally removed, but masks still needed in some situations:
  • Austria - No border restrictions. Masks required in Vienna.
  • Cyprus (excluding TRNC) - No border restrictions. Masks needed on public transport.
  • Italy - No border restrictions. Face mask rules extended to 30 September on public transport and indoor settings.
  • Lithuania - No border restrictions but masks required on public transport.
​​​Note that the list excludes any restrictions that may exist in health care and social care, as these are generally irrelevant for tourists.

European airlines not requiring masks on board:
  • Network-wide: Norwegian, Czech Airlines, Smartwings, Flyr, Widerøe, BRA, TAP, Brussels Airlines
  • On some routes:
    • airBaltic - Recommended on all flights, but only required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. List not available.
    • Air France - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. List not available.
    • Air Serbia
    • Austrian - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. List not available.
    • British Airways - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate - list available on BA's website
    • Croatia Airlines - Required to/from Germany
    • EasyJet - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate.
    • Finnair - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. Currently only TO Spain. List here: https://www.finnair.com/fi-en/flight...lights-2364672
    • Icelandair - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate: Paris, Germany and Canada
    • KLM - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate, list not available.
    • LOT - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate extending to foreign planes. List not available.
    • SAS - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate extending to foreign planes: Flights to/from Italy and China.
    • Swiss - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate - list available on Swiss website.
    • Wizz Air - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate, list not available.
Print Wikipost

Europe reopening 2022 -

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by nk15
This is likely only for those still showing a positive PCR (which are hyper-sensitive) after many days. If you are still testing positive on a rapid/antigen test (which are more crude) you are generally considered to have substantial viral load present and be contagious and it is unlikely any doctor will clear you to fly.
This depends on the jurisdiction. For example, most EU countries issue recovery certificates automatically after 14 days since the positive test (these certificates are not valid for travel to the US, but many doctors will take a similar approach).

I needed a recovery letter for other reasons and my GP issued it without any further questions after sufficient time have passed since the positive test.
LETTERBOY and volabam like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
This is likely only for those still showing a positive PCR (which are hyper-sensitive) after many days. If you are still testing positive on a rapid/antigen test (which are more crude) you are generally considered to have substantial viral load present and be contagious and it is unlikely any doctor will clear you to fly.
It's for anyone for whom the doctor assesses has recovered. The CDC makes no distinction between test types in that regard. There is no CDC requirement to retest in conjunction with the letter of recovery, unless a doctor orders it. Which from many reports posted on several travel forums, is not routine.

Bottom line, the prior post stating that OP can't fly until testing negative is incorrect, as a letter of recovery is also accepted. OP needs to be aware of this option
Old May 24, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by the810
Austria will not require masks from June until August. The plan so far seems to be to return them in September.
I can think of very few counties that will tolerate back and forth mask mandates forever and I doubt Austria would be one of them. Do they really think they can just bring them back without any pushback?
Old May 24, 2022, 1:00 pm

No word on Germany and masks I guess?
Old May 24, 2022, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
I can think of very few counties that will tolerate back and forth mask mandates forever and I doubt Austria would be one of them. Do they really think they can just bring them back without any pushback?
Whatever about not ruling out that masks may have to be reinstated in the future, actively planning for them to come back seems crazy to me. Germany have a similar mentality with frequent media talk about potential covid surges in the autumn and the need for measures to come back.

In Ireland, the government were very cautious and slow about easing restrictions during the pandemic, probably excessively so. However we have thankfully gone the way the Nordic countries have and Covid is more or less a thing of the past restriction-wise. Unlike Austria and Germany, there's no talk of future covid waves and bringing back restrictions. That's not to say it couln't happen but there's no real appetite for it. So I can't see restrictions returning here unless it's a much worse situation than last winter.

Originally Posted by t325
No word on Germany and masks I guess?
The transport minister wanted to get rid of them but he was shot down by the (epidemiologist) health minister and others.
Old May 25, 2022, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Well, they already did it once (sort of - they removed it everywhere except public transport in 2020). I do hope they won't come back, but the plan at the moment is to reinstate them in September.
Old May 27, 2022, 4:44 pm

Currently flying BOS-FCO on Delta. Not only is there no mask enforcement, the FAs are all also unmasked. Quite the pleasant 2019 experience.

Saw an Air Italy flight boarding an hour prior and they were strictly enforcing masks during boarding. Handing N95 or something similar to anyone wearing surgical masks, etc.
lobo411, LETTERBOY, the810 and 2 others like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Currently flying BOS-FCO on Delta. Not only is there no mask enforcement, the FAs are all also unmasked. Quite the pleasant 2019 experience.
And it will get even more pleasant....

I need help troubleshooting. Kid positive in Dublin.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:47 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Saw an Air Italy flight boarding an hour prior and they were strictly enforcing masks during boarding. Handing N95 or something similar to anyone wearing surgical masks, etc.
I just came back from JFK-FCO-JFK with ITA and while N95s were required to board, they were not enforced during both flights.
LETTERBOY and VCURamFan like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 11:48 pm

And it will get even more pleasant....

I need help troubleshooting. Kid positive in Dublin.
So basically more negative consequences from the gross overreaction to COVID.
Old May 28, 2022, 2:26 am

No check of vaccine cards upon landing at FCO.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:52 am

https://covid19.gov.lv/en/support-so...ntrol-measures

Latvia abolished masks in everywhere but social and health insitituions.
LETTERBOY, the810 and volabam like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
2 weeks after a single J&J shot should be sufficient
- for Netherlands it is at least 28 days for J&J and the most 270 days.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
My understanding is that the current (May 2022) Netherlands rules are based on departure country but not the residence. In other words, if you depart from another EU country (like Germany or Switzerland, etc.) there is no health declaration form or any vaccination requirements regardless citizenship/residence of the passenger. Please feel correct me if I am wrong.
Old May 29, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Bosnia and Herzegovina has joined the restriction-less club which completes the former Yogoslav republics.
volabam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.