Reload this Page >

Recruiting: Team FlyerTalk for Amazing Race-style travel competition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recruiting: Team FlyerTalk for Amazing Race-style travel competition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
THANKS, Randy!!!

Congrats to all the winning teams (but especially Team 2!)

Really looking forward to vicariously participating by reading/seeing all of your daily reports.

Make FT proud, y'all!!!

Last edited by jmd001; Feb 4, 2009 at 7:01 am
Old Feb 3, 2009, 7:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
How about a huge THANKS to Randy! ^

This is going to be great!!!

Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:06 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
I am personally grateful and truly awed at Randy's support, much of which goes well beyond the scope of what you see on this thread. He has not only crossed the threshold of what he modestly calls 'helpful', but he has left that threshold in the dust. What Randy calls 'helpful' the rest of us would more aptly define as 'pivotal' or 'unprecedented' or 'overwhelming'.

While Competitours is indeed a labor of love being bootstrapped from blustery Cleveland, Randy's involvement with Flyertalk has provided this project a huge boost of that ever-needed elixir- credibility.... with the travel media and the traveling public.

I am appreciative in Randy's preemptive confidence and benefit of the doubt that my rookie company can indeed deliver what we have represented.

Randy, I am embarrassed that the best the English language can conjure up to express my thoughts is- THANK YOU.

Cheers!

Steve
beaubo
Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Wow Randy ^^^

Congrats teams. I can see I may not get much work done mid-March.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
HUH? Did that Ambien I took on my return flight mess with my head?
Did I win something? Really? That NEVER happens! I'm in shock, in awe, thankful, and curious. What's next? I can't wait to hear more. And to meet my partner. 5 teams? How generous! Forgive my partial sentences, I'm a bit in shock. Oh, I said that already. Yep. Shock. Wow. Thankful. Is this for real? What's my name again? Oh dear, this IS real, isn't it? Wow. Shock. Ummm....Thanks?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:09 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by thaliajen
HUH? Did that Ambien I took on my return flight mess with my head?
Did I win something? Really? That NEVER happens! I'm in shock, in awe, thankful, and curious. What's next? I can't wait to hear more. And to meet my partner. 5 teams? How generous! Forgive my partial sentences, I'm a bit in shock. Oh, I said that already. Yep. Shock. Wow. Thankful. Is this for real? What's my name again? Oh dear, this IS real, isn't it? Wow. Shock. Ummm....Thanks?
Do you need someone to come over and pinch you to make sure you aren't dreaming? Pay for my tickets and I'll do it
Old Feb 3, 2009, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Hmm, Kiwi? Are you from NZ? If so, you can certainly come pinch me if you'll pay MY way back to New Zealand! That's number 3 in my list of places to see before I die. Oh, the frequent flier miles you must have! If I weren't already married, I'd be in love!
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:39 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Congratulations to the five teams! Good luck, Team FT.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Congratulations to all.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great choices, Randy! Congrats to all, and I'm looking forward to seeing it all live.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 3:11 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Great lineup! Congrats!
Old Feb 4, 2009, 4:35 am

Programs: No travel, no cards. :(
Fantastic!

Wow, and wow again.
Teams - got colours chosen? I'd like to get pompoms for each one so I have something to shake about (and not make a mess with) while sitting on my very comfortable couch watching this.

Congrats to all - and Go, Teams FlyerTalk!
Old Feb 4, 2009, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by callie-girl
Fantastic!

Wow, and wow again.
Teams - got colours chosen? I'd like to get pompoms for each one so I have something to shake about (and not make a mess with) while sitting on my very comfortable couch watching this.

Congrats to all - and Go, Teams FlyerTalk!
Ooh- I call Purple! IF my team partner agrees. It's my lucky color. Maybe we can each choose one color?

Hmmm, I wonder if my teammate knows about this yet. If I hadn't logged on last night to check on a hotel, I wouldn't have known and I'd be totally unaware.

Yeah, purple pompoms......
Old Feb 4, 2009, 6:27 am

Programs: DL SM, UA 2P, US Silver, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat RA, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by thaliajen
Ooh- I call Purple! IF my team partner agrees. It's my lucky color. Maybe we can each choose one color?

Hmmm, I wonder if my teammate knows about this yet. If I hadn't logged on last night to check on a hotel, I wouldn't have known and I'd be totally unaware.

Yeah, purple pompoms......
Thanks teammate for emailing me! I certainly did not think I'd be chosen, so I had no idea! Can't wait to meet you =)

I love purple, also. Maybe we could be purple and gold if you don't oppose. Gold is my lucky color...plus, purple and gold are my college colors. Wow, I can't tell you how excited I am!
Old Feb 4, 2009, 6:55 am

Programs: QF Bronze, Velocity
Steve you had better make this successful - I am planning to do one with my best friend once I submit the b@rst@rd PhD from Hades....its a BRILLANT idea, and Randy, you are so generous - I'm sure you are going to be very high in Santas christmas list this year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.