Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Recruiting: Team FlyerTalk for Amazing Race-style travel competition

Recruiting: Team FlyerTalk for Amazing Race-style travel competition

Old Feb 24, 2009, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by beaubo
.......airline tickets have been purchased!!
I can honestly say this will be the first time I have ever looked forward to flying to EWR!

Looking froward to it!
Old Feb 24, 2009, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by geo1005
I can honestly say this will be the first time I have ever looked forward to flying to EWR!

Looking froward to it!
It's really not so bad!
Old Feb 25, 2009, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geo1005
... and flying Continental...
Old Feb 27, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by xyzzy
It's really not so bad!

Assuming the President's Club is up and running, I'm certain we will survive!
Old Feb 28, 2009, 1:51 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
We should get the teams posting- at least the teams Randy is sponsoring. We'e FT teams, so we should post a bit about ourselves! From Randy's post we know that there are 5 teams he's sponsoring. I'd hope that at least some of those would want to post. We want to claim our fans, stake out our territory, don't we?

Speaking of, has anyone heard anything about the T-shirts? I'm trying to plan my wardrobe. I'm actually doing a rehearsal trip of sorts, meeting my new partner in Vegas next week. I want to be sure I can pack light, so this is my trial run.

I actually found a perfect bag at a travel store and bought an Eddie Bauer backpack- I can pack light on the way there and then expand as I buy things in different countries. Now, if I could only figure a way to get the liquids all in one small baggie, I'd be great! I thought about leaving behind my asthma inhaler to make room, but thought better of it. I know the tasks are more creative and cerebral, but one never knows if they'll throw in some sort of race!
Old Mar 3, 2009, 3:29 am

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
hot off the presses....NEW YORK CITY!!!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03032009...al__157697.htm
Old Mar 3, 2009, 4:48 am

Programs: QF Bronze, Velocity
Forgot to say I saw a mention of this in the Feb version of Journeywoman.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

geo1005 and I would like to help out our Competitour oppponents, because we know that they are all the type of people who enjoy these things...

Costco has Snuggies on sale- 2 for $15.

That includes Two bonus Booklights!

You're welcome.

Luv,
geo & chex
Old Mar 4, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Jewel/Osco Preferred Shopper
Hey Chexfan,
We're not members at Costco, and I bet there are more of the group in the same boat. Why don't you buy 10 pairs of Snuggies and you can pass them out at EWR!
Old Mar 4, 2009, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA ExP, OW Emerald, B6 Mosaic; AA1MM;
GEC #2 and I have begun to tingle with anticipation! Departure is soooo close! Its rather difficult to sit in a job interview with a straight face knowing that such fun is right around the corner! We've wanted to blurt, "Why would anyone want to work here, when you could be out there?!"

Essentially, the Competitour allows us to have a legitimate dream job for a week-- representing Team Flyertalk! Rest assured we are very hard workers and as GEC #2 likes to say, "You my dear are a fighter..." We take seriously our affiliation with all those who have recently been liberated by the Corporate Gods.

Preparations and training are underway in the snowy lands of Boston with daily cross country skiing and yoga. Several visits to Patagonia and REI have provided us with the appropriate level of insulation, and thanks to fellow Competitouristas et al details are filling in....

Whoo hoo!
Old Mar 5, 2009, 8:53 am

Don't forget! Snuggies are light and easily packable too!

10 Days to EWR!!! ^

And rest assured, TEAM STIMULUS PACKAGE is ready to go!
Old Mar 5, 2009, 11:02 am

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
NEWSFLASH.....

In a short time, a NEW team will be introducing themselves..........
Old Mar 5, 2009, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by beaubo
In a short time, a NEW team will be introducing themselves..........
And then there were 22!!! ^

WAHOO!!!
Old Mar 5, 2009, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by thaliajen
We should get the teams posting- at least the teams Randy is sponsoring. We'e FT teams, so we should post a bit about ourselves! From Randy's post we know that there are 5 teams he's sponsoring. I'd hope that at least some of those would want to post. We want to claim our fans, stake out our territory, don't we?

Speaking of, has anyone heard anything about the T-shirts? I'm trying to plan my wardrobe. I'm actually doing a rehearsal trip of sorts, meeting my new partner in Vegas next week. I want to be sure I can pack light, so this is my trial run.

I actually found a perfect bag at a travel store and bought an Eddie Bauer backpack- I can pack light on the way there and then expand as I buy things in different countries. Now, if I could only figure a way to get the liquids all in one small baggie, I'd be great! I thought about leaving behind my asthma inhaler to make room, but thought better of it. I know the tasks are more creative and cerebral, but one never knows if they'll throw in some sort of race!

Inhalers dont have to be your plastic baggie
Old Mar 5, 2009, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA, AC, AA, DL, AS, WN
ARGH... I only came across this thread today!

I've been wanting to do one of these races for a long time.

Funny thing is that I'll be in Europe Mar 14-Mar 21 (booked thru the PL trick last fall). Had I thoroughly read these forums, I would have submitted an application.

Perhaps I'll see you guys running around in Dublin on St. Patricks Day or along the canals in Amsterdam.

Does any team require a back up?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.