Recruiting: Team FlyerTalk for Amazing Race-style travel competition

Recruiting: Team FlyerTalk for Amazing Race-style travel competition

Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:08 am

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Chicago Sun Times calls Competitours- "...Star In Your OWN Amazing Race'

http://www.suntimes.com/lifestyles/t...ce0211.article
Old Feb 12, 2009, 4:17 pm

www.traveleditor.com will be sending a writer to report on a snaphot day on the road with Competitours during the upcomg March trip.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 4:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Thumbs up

You're getting some good press, beaubo. Congrat's!
Old Feb 13, 2009, 1:48 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
This thread isn't in "announcements" anymore! Is it at least "sticky" or whatever? I thought this would stay forefront since Randy's being so nice and sponsoring 5 teams!

In the meantime, we ARE getting good press and I hope there's more to come. This trip is going to be huge and people are going to want to follow their teams. What area will we be posting in when we actually are on the trip?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 2:17 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Originally Posted by callie-girl
Okay, so the party has started. I've popped some corn, ordered the purple/gold pompoms (any other teams with colours yet?) and this is just the pregame!

Wheeee.
I LOVE this, LOL! Remember, as Oprah Winfrey said, "All things purple are all things divine." Purple is also the color of royalty! And "The Color Purple" was one of my all-time favorite books, and movies, and I've seen the Broadway musical well-over 10 times. That's the CD in my car, and downloaded to my Ipod.

It's quite the coincidence (or IS it?) that my partner, Caitlin and I, who've never met, both had purple in our school colors. Get out those purple pom-poms, we're ready to go!

Whoops, we're not going until March 15? Okay, so that's plenty of time to get purple t-shirts! Go Purple team!

This is going to be the longest month of my life!

We really need a thread somewhere here where we can all introduce ourselves as people, not just screen names. There are 5 teams, 10 people total, so that wouldn't take up too much space. That way, people here could get to know us and maybe even choose their favorite teams. Any ideas?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 5:06 am

[QUOTE=thaliajen;11260395]I LOVE this, LOL! Remember, as Oprah Winfrey said, "All things purple are all things divine." Purple is also the color of royalty! And "The Color Purple" was one of my all-time favorite books, and movies, and I've seen the Broadway musical well-over 10 times. That's the CD in my car, and downloaded to my Ipod.

It's quite the coincidence (or IS it?) that my partner, Caitlin and I, who've never met, both had purple in our school colors. Get out those purple pom-poms, we're ready to go!
QUOTE]

Our website is also purple!
Old Feb 15, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Jewel/Osco Preferred Shopper
Chicago Tribune Travel

From my local paper, Sunday, February 15.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:48 am

Pleased to report that a 'better-late-than-never' all-female team has joined the fray.

While I am sure that they will come up with their own clever teamname, their interim name will be 'Team Cleveland' as they hail from my hometown.

Everyone's chances to win just shrunk by 12.5%!!!!
Old Feb 17, 2009, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Welcome Team Cleveland!

Feel free to pack all you want. I hear there's bonus points if you use a steamer trunk!
Old Feb 17, 2009, 10:17 pm

We really should have a thread for each of the FT teams to introduce themselves. The little bit that people here read about us is so limited. For instance, my entry said very little about who I was, where I come from, why I'm doing this. I hope we can get a thread going before the trip, and then one for our musings and possibly our videos, during the trip. Flyertalk is so big, we should stipulate one area, and maybe make the thread sticky so it's not hard for people to find.

After all, every FT team won because of their entries here. We should make sure we keep FT in on everything we do on this trip, and what we're doing to prepare before the trip. We were chosen by Randy and the FT team, so we should be posting here when we have something to say. Also, for newbies who will be signing in to check our status, it'd be easier to find if we knew where the official thread would be, etc.

Now that it is less than a month away, it's starting to feel real!
Old Feb 18, 2009, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
That is a good idea!

Perhaps as the March 15th departure date approaches, we can get a Competitours Sticky page???

If it is set up in Community Buzz, the greater FT community will easily be able to track the competition and join in the fun (albeit virtually) as each of the teams post up-to-date details from the road. Given the teams will need daily internet access, it should not be difficult for us to post nearly real-time updates as we go. ^

That way everyone will know that Team Cleveland took a wrong turn and ended up in a canal in Amsterdam... well, you get the idea.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: DL, AA
I'm looking forward to reading the adventures of Team FlyerTalk and any others who wish to post. However, we should probably keep in mind that there may be a team or two on the trip who are signing-up for the experience but would prefer to maintain some anonymity. (Of course, I could be wrong & everyone is looking for their 15 minutes of internet fame.)

Besides, we all know teams Cleveland, Valley Girl & Purple are going to team up to trick geo & chex into routing Paris to Versaille via the canals in Berlin.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by scoow
Besides, we all know teams Cleveland, Valley Girl & Purple are going to team up to trick geo & chex into routing Paris to Versaille via the canals in Berlin.
I'm fairly certain it will take more than Cleveland Rocks and purple pom-poms to trick the highly-savy geo & chexfan!

Remembering that February is a short month, on with the countdown...

25 DAYS and counting!!!^
Old Feb 21, 2009, 7:00 pm

.......airline tickets have been purchased!!
Old Feb 24, 2009, 1:18 am

...train tickets have been purchased.

http://www.gonomad.com/traveldesk/09...petitours.html
Probably the most well-articulated overview to date, and they have alot of solid competition!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.