Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
SUMMARY OF EVENTS Click links for details

Thursday 2 April
Welcome Drinks 19:00-20:00, Bar Fizz Grand Hyatt Fukuoka followed by Yatai food stalls, craft beer excursion, cherry blossom viewing
Late arrivals can meet at the GH reception at 21:00.

Friday 3 April
Half-day trip to Dazaifu (not organised)
Official Do Dinner - Yanagimachi Ikkokudō Haruyoshi-ten, 19:00-22:00

Saturday 4 April
Day Trip to Nagasaki Depart Hakata 07:54 (Kamome #7, Platform 4), Return Nagasaki 17:20 (Kamome #38) – arrive Hakata 19:14

Sunday-Monday 5-6 April
Post-do trip to Kurokawa Onsen
Lunch, day trip to Kumamoto, etc. for those still in Fukuoka

Planning to attend Welcome Drinks – Thursday, April 2, 7PM~8PM, Bar Fizz, Grand Hyatt Fukuoka
NewbieRunner
greendx
kpcs
kpc+1
Awesom Andy
JY1024 (arriving FUK @ 9:35PM, but will get to GH ASAP)
kirkwoodj (arr FUK 8pm)
lili (arriving FUK @ 9:35PM, GH)
BOB W (arriving FUK @ NH249 at 12:25 PM)
beckoa (arriving FUK @ NH249 at 12:25 PM)
ClaudiSTR (50% chance for 7 pm, but sure after arriving at 8:05pm at FUK)
DENchick
iris30
ParanoiaTX (arriving FUK 18:30 on OZ136)
ParanoiaTX+1 (arriving FUK 18:30 on OZ136)
Moomba
nme7
gvdIAD (arriving FUK @ 20:05 on NH2145)
nomadic.relief (arriving FUK @ 12:25 on NH249)
upup&away(arriving by train,Thursday, April 02 (16:39)
ZFW-ATC
Henwurst
The_Wrath_of_Khan - I'll be there as soon as the 1800 Hawks game is over.
Sykes (going to the Baseball game with The_Wrath_of_Khan, so will arrive at the end)
El_Duderito+1

Planning to trip to Dazaifu
(Unorganized - link up information)
Awesom Andy
restlessinRNO
JY1024
kirkwoodj
BOB W
beckoa
ClaudiSTR
pfbloom
lynnevt
DENchick
lili
iris30
Moomba
Sykes
violist got rained on too much this morning
nomadic.relief
upup&away
ZFW-ATC
nme7
O Sora
Henwurst
The_Wrath_of_Khan
El_Duderito+1

Do Dinner - Friday, April 3, 7:00PM
See post #3 for confirmed attendees.

Planning to join Day Trip to Nagasaki – Saturday, April 4, Depart Hakata 7:54AM
NewbieRunner
greendx
kpc
kpc+1
serfty
Awesom Andy
restlessinRNO
JY1024
kirkwoodj
lili
BOB W
beckoa
ClaudiSTR
DENchick
iris30
Moomba
Sykes (50/50 on going)
gvdIAD
nomadic.relief (assuming I'm capable of waking up early enough!)
upup&away
ZFW-ATC
El_Duderito+1
BigRedBears+1
nme7
O Sora
Henwurst

A summary of the events may be found in post #2.

This event also has a Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/JapanDo2015/ if you are interested in the event and enjoy a bit more social interaction with fellow attendees / organizers, feel free to join in.
Print Wikipost

Japan Do #3 - The FUK Do - April 3-5, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:14 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nme7
Dinner ticket paid! Now if I can just find a hotel vacancy anywhere in Fukuoka....

I missed last year's Japan Do, due to then +1 that did not want to go. Well I am not missing out on this one, even if I have to take a ferry over from Busan!
Good to hear you'll be there! There are some participants with duplicate hotel bookings, some of whom have posted in this thread.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
But it will be the sardine class (3-3-3) in coach.
Booked my sardine class on NH249 2 April HND-FUK row 32...exit row thus far.

It's also been suggested that groups of people might walk together to the restaurant - one group meeting at the Grand Hyatt and another in Minami-Tenjin by the Daimaru Department Store. It should be a 10-15 minute walk. You can also take the 100-yen bus to Haruyoshi (春吉) or Haruyoshi-bashi (春吉橋) and walk 3-5 minutes to the restaurant.
This would be solid (so we can all get lost together? ) - how far from the Hilton Seahawk is this? (Imagine a bus ride at least) - perhaps some of us will start there?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:29 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
The restaurant actually has more seats but in a separate area. I've just contacted armagebedar who is adding more seats. ^
^

VENUE
Yanagimachi Ikkokudō Haruyoshi-ten (柳町一刻堂春吉店)
3-15-30 Haruyoshi, Chūō-ku, Fukuoka-shi (福岡市中央区春吉3-15-30)
Map
The izakaya where the Do Dinner will be held is reported to be almost impossible to find! The area is apparently a former red-light district with narrow streets with few landmarks but I will try and post pictorial guides on how to get there when I've sorted out Google Street View images.
As long as the pin in the above google map is accurate down to the last 50 metres, we should find it...planning on using my phone's GPS to locate the restaurant

Originally Posted by nme7
Dinner ticket paid! Now if I can just find a hotel vacancy anywhere in Fukuoka....

I missed last year's Japan Do, due to then +1 that did not want to go. Well I am not missing out on this one, even if I have to take a ferry over from Busan!
Excellent news^ Lan and I are looking forward in catching up!

Originally Posted by beckoa
This would be solid (so we can all get lost together? ) - how far from the Hilton Seahawk is this? (Imagine a bus ride at least) - perhaps some of us will start there?
We will be...maybe we can have a group starting at the Hilton as well
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:50 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by kpc
As long as the pin in the above google map is accurate down to the last 50 metres, we should find it...planning on using my phone's GPS to locate the restaurant
Good luck!

Originally Posted by kpc
We will be...maybe we can have a group starting at the Hilton as well
Unfortunately there is no straightforward route. Bus to Tojinmachi Station, subway to Tenjin or Hakata Station, 100-yen bus to Haruyoshi-bashi and walk.

You might like to consider a cab going back.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:54 am

The organizers of Japan Do 2015 are happy to announce that registration for the Do Dinner on Friday, April 3 is now open. The cost is $65, which includes a set course served family style and all-you-can-drink alcohol and soft drinks for three hours. This will be the only event during the Do which requires registration and prepayment. Please see the following event page on Eventbrite for more information.

FUK Do 2015 organizers
(armagebedar, NewbieRunner, SQ421, and penegal)
I literally just now went to buy my ticket and the quantity available went from 1 to sold out! Sure hope that's not actually the case. I want a seat!

**EDIT** Ticket purchased, thanks armagebedar!

Last edited by The_Wrath_of_Khan; Mar 10, 2015 at 3:05 am
Old Mar 10, 2015, 3:59 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kpc
Good luck!
You don't have faith in my phone GPS or are you saying the pinned location above is not very accurate?

Unfortunately there is no straightforward route. Bus to Tojinmachi Station, subway to Tenjin or Hakata Station, 100-yen bus to Haruyoshi-bashi and walk.

You might like to consider a cab going back.
There is a bus from the Hilton to Hakata station from what I can gather, and either the bus above or a 20 min walk; or a 20 min walk (or bus) from Hilton to Tojinmachi station, subway to Tenjinminami station, then a 9 min walk...OR we just share cabs to /from the Hilton (I count at least 11 people staying at the Hilton on Apr 3)

Last edited by kpc; Mar 10, 2015 at 4:36 am
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by kpc
There is a bus from the Hilton to Hakata station from what I can gather, and either the bus above or a 20 min walk; or a 20 min walk (or bus) from Hilton to Tojinmachi station, subway to Tenjinminami station, then a 9 min walk...OR we just share cabs to /from the Hilton (I count at least 11 people staying at the Hilton on Apr 3)
kpc - just share cabs.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by kpc
Yes, there is a bus to Hakata Station but Hakata Station is Ikkokudō is much further than Tenjin to Ikkokudō. Also Tenjin and Tenjinminami stations are on two different subway lines and you cannot travel by subway from Tojinmachi to Tenjinminami. The two stations (550m apart) are linked by an underground passageway.

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
kpc - just share cabs.
Don't expect taxi drivers to know where Ikkokudō is.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Well after some handy schedule changes and successfully making some "adjustments" (i.e. totally different origin cities) to an otherwise broken ICN mistake fare ticket , it seems we will be making a short appearance Thu-Sat. We won't take part in the Sat/Sun day trips, but will be around Thu eve and Fri (incl. dinner). On Sat we'll be heading up to Tokyo for a couple days instead.

Will update the wiki in a moment.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Cleaning up my various reservations. I'm guessing the GH pretty much beats out the HR, eh? Hilton isn't available and I never held a speculative booking there (I see most are staying there), but it also seems to be pretty far off?

I love how cheap these all are...the HR is barely $100 at the Diamond Guarantee (oversell) rate.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:38 pm

Yeah the GH is best.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by paranoiatx
Well after some handy schedule changes and successfully making some "adjustments" (i.e. totally different origin cities) to an otherwise broken ICN mistake fare ticket , it seems we will be making a short appearance Thu-Sa.
Glad you're able to make it this year ^

Yes, there is a bus to Hakata Station but Hakata Station is Ikkokudō is much further than Tenjin to Ikkokudō. Also Tenjin and Tenjinminami stations are on two different subway lines and you cannot travel by subway from Tojinmachi to Tenjinminami. The two stations (550m apart) are linked by an underground passageway.
I'll need to check out a map as this is making my head spin already.

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
kpc - just share cabs.
Don't expect taxi drivers to know where Ikkokudō is.
I think taking the taxi back would work well ^ hope its not too many yen
Old Mar 10, 2015, 11:30 pm

I'll need to check out a map as this is making my head spin already.

I think taking the taxi back would work well ^ hope its not too many yen
I'm with you on both counts!! There are enough of us at the Hilton, I'm sure somehow we'll get there ... as for the way back, perhaps we should all just pin Fukuoka Hilton business cards to our jackets and hope not to lose too many in the process??
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:13 am

Here's a Google map showing the Hilton (top left), Tōjinmachi, Tenjin and Tenjinminami subway stations. Hakata Station (right) and Ikkokudō (yellow star) to the right of Tenjinminami close to the river. The GH is just across the river from Ikkokudō.

Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:37 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Added my details to the wiki. Will be coming to Thursday drinks, Do Dinner, Dazaifu & Nagasaki.

Do others staying at Hilton Seahawk want to meet up Thursday and move en masse to the drinks venue??

Last edited by Moomba; Mar 11, 2015 at 6:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.