Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
SUMMARY OF EVENTS Click links for details

Thursday 2 April
Welcome Drinks 19:00-20:00, Bar Fizz Grand Hyatt Fukuoka followed by Yatai food stalls, craft beer excursion, cherry blossom viewing
Late arrivals can meet at the GH reception at 21:00.

Friday 3 April
Half-day trip to Dazaifu (not organised)
Official Do Dinner - Yanagimachi Ikkokudō Haruyoshi-ten, 19:00-22:00

Saturday 4 April
Day Trip to Nagasaki Depart Hakata 07:54 (Kamome #7, Platform 4), Return Nagasaki 17:20 (Kamome #38) – arrive Hakata 19:14

Sunday-Monday 5-6 April
Post-do trip to Kurokawa Onsen
Lunch, day trip to Kumamoto, etc. for those still in Fukuoka

Planning to attend Welcome Drinks – Thursday, April 2, 7PM~8PM, Bar Fizz, Grand Hyatt Fukuoka
NewbieRunner
greendx
kpcs
kpc+1
Awesom Andy
JY1024 (arriving FUK @ 9:35PM, but will get to GH ASAP)
kirkwoodj (arr FUK 8pm)
lili (arriving FUK @ 9:35PM, GH)
BOB W (arriving FUK @ NH249 at 12:25 PM)
beckoa (arriving FUK @ NH249 at 12:25 PM)
ClaudiSTR (50% chance for 7 pm, but sure after arriving at 8:05pm at FUK)
DENchick
iris30
ParanoiaTX (arriving FUK 18:30 on OZ136)
ParanoiaTX+1 (arriving FUK 18:30 on OZ136)
Moomba
nme7
gvdIAD (arriving FUK @ 20:05 on NH2145)
nomadic.relief (arriving FUK @ 12:25 on NH249)
upup&away(arriving by train,Thursday, April 02 (16:39)
ZFW-ATC
Henwurst
The_Wrath_of_Khan - I'll be there as soon as the 1800 Hawks game is over.
Sykes (going to the Baseball game with The_Wrath_of_Khan, so will arrive at the end)
El_Duderito+1

Planning to trip to Dazaifu
(Unorganized - link up information)
Awesom Andy
restlessinRNO
JY1024
kirkwoodj
BOB W
beckoa
ClaudiSTR
pfbloom
lynnevt
DENchick
lili
iris30
Moomba
Sykes
violist got rained on too much this morning
nomadic.relief
upup&away
ZFW-ATC
nme7
O Sora
Henwurst
The_Wrath_of_Khan
El_Duderito+1

Do Dinner - Friday, April 3, 7:00PM
See post #3 for confirmed attendees.

Planning to join Day Trip to Nagasaki – Saturday, April 4, Depart Hakata 7:54AM
NewbieRunner
greendx
kpc
kpc+1
serfty
Awesom Andy
restlessinRNO
JY1024
kirkwoodj
lili
BOB W
beckoa
ClaudiSTR
DENchick
iris30
Moomba
Sykes (50/50 on going)
gvdIAD
nomadic.relief (assuming I'm capable of waking up early enough!)
upup&away
ZFW-ATC
El_Duderito+1
BigRedBears+1
nme7
O Sora
Henwurst

A summary of the events may be found in post #2.

This event also has a Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/JapanDo2015/ if you are interested in the event and enjoy a bit more social interaction with fellow attendees / organizers, feel free to join in.
Print Wikipost

Japan Do #3 - The FUK Do - April 3-5, 2015

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Unfortunately, looks like I'm out.

Have a great time everyone!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:05 am

I've been to FUK for a few days a couple of years ago, FUKing good city, happy to help if anyone needs information.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:17 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rwoman
Unfortunately, looks like I'm out.

Have a great time everyone!
I'm sure we will!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:08 am

I'll be booking my tickets tomorrow.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I think I'm going to be out for this one. Very sad to not go as the past two years of the Japan DO were some of the best travel experiences of my life.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
I had to take myself off due to a conflict. So sorry!
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:45 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Pinky
I had to take myself off due to a conflict. So sorry!
Sorry if I am posting negative comments but there seems to be a complete lack of organization for this DO.

Hotels, events, transport, meals are completely lacking. Can someone summarize a list of events and venues by day so we can plan our trips, please? what will be prepaid and what will b pay as you go?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:57 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BOB W
Sorry if I am posting negative comments but there seems to be a complete lack of organization for this DO.

Hotels, events, transport, meals are completely lacking. Can someone summarize a list of events and venues by day so we can plan our trips, please? what will be prepaid and what will b pay as you go?
A complete lack of organization? Have you checked post #2 where all planned events are listed? The only event which requires registration and prepayment will be the Do Dinner on Friday evening. Details will be posted when our local organizer returns from his Presidents Day vacation. The cost is expected to be under US $60.

Apart from the Do Dinner on Friday and the post-do onsen trip nothing needs registration although I will be asking those coming on day trips to Daizaifu and Nagasaki to post their interest so we don't leave anybody behind.

With comprehensive and efficient transport systems Japan is a relatively easy country to travel around even for a first-time non-Japanese-speaking visitor. However, if you have any questions please ask in this thread as many people have already done. I will also post a summary of (hopefully!) useful information separately.

Any attendee who wants can add their arrival/departure and hotel information in the wiki post.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
It is painful but business has again reared its ugly head for some of the period which we had scheduled for this DO.

Therefore we will need to bow out with the vow to again try to make it next year.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:58 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by monitor
It is painful but business has again reared its ugly head for some of the period which we had scheduled for this DO.

Therefore we will need to bow out with the vow to again try to make it next year.
Damn, I was looking forward to catching up

I shall hopefully see you in NZ in May?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

There's been talk of an alternative post-do in Seoul including a stop at the DMZ. Anyone still interested aside from myself as I want to go (and depart back to the states from ICN).
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by monitor

Sorry to hear you won't make it
Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beckoa

There's been talk of an alternative post-do in Seoul including a stop at the DMZ. Anyone still interested aside from myself as I want to go (and depart back to the states from ICN).
I want to go (and if I do, I'd be up for the DMZ tour, stay at one of the Hyatts), but I'm still negotiating with work whether I take a few days off on the other side of The Do or take the red-eye back to Sydney on the Sunday and make it to work Monday.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: M&M mainly
I was trying hard to fit into the schedule, but unfortunately life kicked back and I cannot make it. Deeply sorry not to be able to do FUK.
Wishing everybody great time there!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by SQ421
Originally Posted by beckoa

I want to go (and if I do, I'd be up for the DMZ tour, stay at one of the Hyatts), but I'm still negotiating with work whether I take a few days off on the other side of The Do or take the red-eye back to Sydney on the Sunday and make it to work Monday.
Thanks for the update. Keep me posted as I can look into more of the particulars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.