Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: SPG Plat
The credit from my stays in January still has not posted... used to be much quicker. This is terrible!
355F1 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rooivalk
The credit from my stays in January still has not posted... used to be much quicker. This is terrible!
Yeah it's all over the place. I just got my credit from my January stay today; and this was after a reminder email 2 weeks ago.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
The lag and inconsistency was one thing when unlimited 4NF. But with the limit of two stays and the aggravation, it will be hard to justify the AF.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Airline Nobody
Mine posted today for a stay ending Jan 21. I called two weeks ago checking on the status and they said they expected it that week. I called again on Monday and the rep said it was approved and I should be getting it within the next week (which turned out to be true this time around).

I'm really curious as to why this takes them so long. At most verifying the credit should take a single statement period - no idea why it takes two to three months now. The cynic in me thinks they're just passively trying to dissuade people from using it and/or hoping a few people forget they have a credit coming!
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:12 pm

I've been scrolling this thread but couldn't find information about city-hopping with the 4NF benefit. Anyone has any experience to share? Or can point me to the right thread? Would greatly appreciate it. TIA!
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by nunogomes
....city-hopping....
Please tell us what you mean. You must stay four consecutive nights at the same property. You can stay the next four nights at another property.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by baroqen
This is brilliant. The Prestige Concierge will NOT book anything that isn't publicly available. If you can't book it directly on the hotel website via a promo (not corporate) code, you basically can't book it with the concierge.
I've had the concierge book non-public rates. Most recently, I had them use a corporate rate that couldn't be booked on the hotel website. It took 5 weeks to materialize including sending proof of employment. Not sure if it was a delay on the Citi concierge and/or the hotel side (global chain).
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:26 pm

I recently booked 10 days before my stay. My credit posted in 6 days - before my stay even happened. Never had it happen so fast.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
DP -- 4NF posted 15 days after check-out, about 4 days after intervening statement close. Hotel in Europe.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mag_nate
Mine posted today for a stay ending Jan 21. I called two weeks ago checking on the status and they said they expected it that week. I called again on Monday and the rep said it was approved and I should be getting it within the next week (which turned out to be true this time around).

I'm really curious as to why this takes them so long. At most verifying the credit should take a single statement period - no idea why it takes two to three months now. The cynic in me thinks they're just passively trying to dissuade people from using it and/or hoping a few people forget they have a credit coming!
Mine finally posted a few days ago! Looks like almost 90 days to post....
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Will the concierge make two bookings to total four consecutive nights?

Looking at four nights at the Hilton Garden Inn Mongkok in Hong Kong in August. (The concierge booked it for me in January, got the credit within 2 days of checking out...)

The prices come out much higher if booked in a 4 day block than if booked separately.

Will the concierge do two separate bookings back to back (at the same property) in order to equal four nights?

For the dates I'm looking at on Hilton website, if I look at all 4 dates as one block, they all price out at HK$1,408 per night. However, if I price them day by day, the first night is HK$1,408, and the next 3 nights are HK$836. (I've seen rate changes in the middle of stays at other Hilton properties, so I don't really understand this one to be honest.)

I'm ok paying (HK$1,408 + HK$836 x 3) x 75%, but not the inflated HK$1,408 x 3.

These are all for the exact same room type, same restrictions.

4 nights booked together:

First night at higher rate, then following three nights at lower rate:

Does anybody have any experience arranging something like this?

Thank you!
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:39 am

what did they say when you called?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by LASNRT
Looking at four nights at the Hilton Garden Inn Mongkok in Hong Kong in August. (The concierge booked it for me in January, got the credit within 2 days of checking out...)

The prices come out much higher if booked in a 4 day block than if booked separately.

Will the concierge do two separate bookings back to back (at the same property) in order to equal four nights?

For the dates I'm looking at on Hilton website, if I look at all 4 dates as one block, they all price out at HK$1,408 per night. However, if I price them day by day, the first night is HK$1,408, and the next 3 nights are HK$836. (I've seen rate changes in the middle of stays at other Hilton properties, so I don't really understand this one to be honest.)

I'm ok paying (HK$1,408 + HK$836 x 3) x 75%, but not the inflated HK$1,408 x 3.

These are all for the exact same room type, same restrictions.

4 nights booked together:

First night at higher rate, then following three nights at lower rate:

Does anybody have any experience arranging something like this?

Thank you!
I've noticed that before, esp with Hilton. It's some kind of crazy 'married segment' kind of logic in their booking platform. I think a fair number of people simply don't check, so they get away with it. You can ask the concierge to call the property directly and see if they will book a 4 night stay at your 'correct' rate. Who knows they might do it. I've gotten the OneTen concierge at another bank to match a Costco rate by calling the hotel directly, and they are the same company that I think Citi uses too. So it could happen. Give it a try and report back!
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:24 pm

just book it at lowest flexible.
change email on ressie.
change ressie to 1 night.
add a 2nd ressie for last 3 nights.
the hotel will consolidate onto a single folio.
citi will reimburse based upon actual.
email conceirge final folio w some bs reason why rate lower than quoted.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: AGR S+, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Colin
just book it at lowest flexible.
change email on ressie.
change ressie to 1 night.
add a 2nd ressie for last 3 nights.
the hotel will consolidate onto a single folio.
citi will reimburse based upon actual.
email conceirge final folio w some bs reason why rate lower than quoted.
Does that even work? Have you tried it? How do you change email on the reservation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.