Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: AGR S+, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Have anyone tried book two (or more) 4NF rooms on DIFFERENT properties on the same/overlapping rates? We are booking for groups so will need multiple rooms in a downtown area.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by neutralist
Does that even work? Have you tried it? How do you change email on the reservation?
no. i’m lying.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by neutralist
How do you change email on the reservation?
I change the email address on some of my 4thNF reservations with Marriott online very easily.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by Colin
just book it at lowest flexible.
change email on ressie.
change ressie to 1 night.
add a 2nd ressie for last 3 nights.
the hotel will consolidate onto a single folio.
citi will reimburse based upon actual.
email conceirge final folio w some bs reason why rate lower than quoted.
Thank you. Good strategy.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:22 pm

I was worried that my stay from Feb hasn't posted. I'm glad to see it's not just me.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I just got a refund for a stay the first weekend in Feb. Pretty much right on the claimed schedule
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:15 pm

My parents are planning a trip to Germany this summer and want to spend about 4 nights in Munich. Can I book them a hotel with 4NF and prepay through the Thankyou portal and add my father's name as the (additional) guest? They don't mess with any loyalty programs, so that won't be an issue.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:04 am

You can try, but when I book things on the TYP Portal using the Prestige 4NF benefit, it auto populates the guest name and doesn't allow it to be changed. (It's in a gray format)

I don't remember if there was a field for an additional guest, but I think there wasn't.

Additionally, even if you call the hotel and ask them to manually/locally adjust the booking, they don't always get all the details transmitted to them by the OTA's until a day or so before arrival.
EmpressRouge likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by renegurl
I've had the concierge book non-public rates. Most recently, I had them use a corporate rate that couldn't be booked on the hotel website. It took 5 weeks to materialize including sending proof of employment. Not sure if it was a delay on the Citi concierge and/or the hotel side (global chain).

citi wanted proof of employment???? For the corporate code ? Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
citi wanted proof of employment???? For the corporate code ? Thanks
The hotel wanted proof of employment. There was no code. This was a manual booking. Citi is acting as the concierge. Similarly, some hotels that you can book online will ask for proof of employment when you check in.
Old May 2, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Has anyone recd more than 2 credits for 2019 stays? I thought that rule didn’t kick in until sept and we were unlimited to that date.
Old May 2, 2019, 11:51 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by stallion114
Has anyone recd more than 2 credits for 2019 stays? I thought that rule didn’t kick in until sept and we were unlimited to that date.
I’ve booked 8 so far in 2019.

they aren’t starting that limit of 2 until bookings made after Sep 2019.

As long as you make the booking before Sept you will get the 4NF.
Old May 3, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Originally Posted by 355F1

I’ve booked 8 so far in 2019.

they aren’t starting that limit of 2 until bookings made after Sep 2019.

As long as you make the booking before Sept you will get the 4NF.

i ask ask bc I’ve booked about 12 this year dating back to January but only been paid on first 2
Old May 3, 2019, 1:33 pm

open question is how many 2020 stays will be rebated for reservations made with the concierge prior to Sept 1 2019.

i am have lots of 2020 stays already booked, and suppose i will cull & close some case ids if reports come in that the rebate is stopping after two 2020 stays. i’ll want to make my two really count.
Old May 4, 2019, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
open question is how many 2020 stays will be rebated for reservations made with the concierge prior to Sept 1 2019.

i am have lots of 2020 stays already booked, and suppose i will cull & close some case ids if reports come in that the rebate is stopping after two 2020 stays. i’ll want to make my two really count.
Is your plan to cancel via the concierge or the property? Isn't the concierge going away in Sep?

Although I'd be glad to be wrong about this, I'm not sure how mechanically one will get reimbursed in 2020 if the servicing for the benefit goes away.

We did make a flurry of bookings last summer before the rules changes too.

I guess I better get next years calendar out and start planning.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.