Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by frudd38
For Marriott bookings, does the 4th night earn elite credit?
Marriott doesn't know that the fourth night is being handled any differently than other nights.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
So what’s the verdict is 4nf still possible booked with hotel. I have unexpected stay next week for 4 nights. Wonder if I should bother trying to get it booked.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by ellinj
So what’s the verdict is 4nf still possible booked with hotel. I have unexpected stay next week for 4 nights. Wonder if I should bother trying to get it booked.
Yes.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
There seem to be mixed reports regarding whether or not 4NF stays earn elite nights and benefits. If I see the booking show up in my profile is it safe to assume that I will earn as normal?

Is there a way to actually know?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:57 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Red Raider LV
There seem to be mixed reports regarding whether or not 4NF stays earn elite nights and benefits....
Much depends on the chain's policy, some depends on the individual property. Where are you staying?

But, in general:

If you booked at thankyou.com the stay will be recorded an an Online Travel Agency transaction, which most programs will not apply rewards or status credit.

If you booked by telephone with the Concierge the stay will be recorded as a traditional travel agency booking, and you should be fine.
FindAWay and akr1970akr like this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:20 pm

Just booked a couple of stays through the concierge, pretty painless. One was with Hyatt and it already shows up in my online account. I noticed Hyatt offered me an upgrade for a reasonable price. Should I do it through the Citi Concierge or just accept it online with Hyatt? Tia.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I got my 4NF within 2 weeks of prepaying a nonrefundable rate (stay in late July). In the past, they've insisted that they won't credit the 4NF on a prepaid/nonref until 2-3 billing cycles AFTER stay. Clearly, no consistent policy.

I'm going to cancel this card when my AF comes due in a few months. In addition to limiting to 2x/year, the gutting of travel protection/insurance means that all my prepaid hotel stays will be on CSR.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
Originally Posted by mia
Much depends on the chain's policy, some depends on the individual property. Where are you staying?
A Sheraton in Brazil, so a Marriott property. I called in to the booking center but didn't request any special person. I believe they had to call the hotel personally to get the reservation booked.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Red Raider LV
A Sheraton in Brazil, so a Marriott property. I called in to the booking center but didn't request any special person. I believe they had to call the hotel personally to get the reservation booked.
Bookings made by the concierge desk is looked as a regular booking by the hotel. They have no idea you are getting a 4th night free or even care.

These bookings will be treated as any other reservation made by a LEGIT travel agency (points, benefits, etc...).

Effective 9/1 (i.e. the date we get screwed) you have to book it online which makes your reservation a priceline reservation. This gets you no points/benefits and hopefully doesn't get you the worst room in the hotel
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Effective 9/1 (i.e. the date we get screwed) you have to book it online which makes your reservation a priceline reservation. This gets you no points/benefits and hopefully doesn't get you the worst room in the hotel
Exactly. Also, half of my 4NF stays were in off-the-path properties (regardless of $ value) and they were nowhere to be found online. However when I called Aspire agents, it never took more than 15mins to have it sorted out and reserved.

Got rid of the card 2 weeks ago (after keeping for 5yrs).
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:45 pm

Can anyone confirm if the deval of the 4nf is worldwide? I'm considering getting the Prestige in Hong Kong and the website mentions nothing of this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Exactly. Also, half of my 4NF stays were in off-the-path properties (regardless of $ value) and they were nowhere to be found online.
A little OT, but I'm just curious how you find these kinds of properties being that they aren't online/on the grid? The question always lingers in the back of my head if there are other hotels that may serve me well, but for whatever reason they aren't available online, so I am unaware of their existence...
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
A little OT, but I'm just curious how you find these kinds of properties being that they aren't online/on the grid? The question always lingers in the back of my head if there are other hotels that may serve me well, but for whatever reason they aren't available online, so I am unaware of their existence...
Clarification...

These properties are online (i.e. have a website with published rates even if they don't have online booking) but were not searchable via TYP website. But Aspire agents would find these properties when I made phone bookings.
Here are two places where I used 4NF in past but neither was available online - Four seasons Lanai (saved over $1100), Stovepipe wells in Death Valley NP (~175 iirc)... but as a habit, i never relied on their search. ALWAYS called-in.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Clarification...

These properties are online (i.e. have a website with published rates even if they don't have online booking) but were not searchable via TYP website. But Aspire agents would find these properties when I made phone bookings.
Here are two places where I used 4NF in past but neither was available online - Four seasons Lanai (saved over $1100), Stovepipe wells in Death Valley NP (~175 iirc)... but as a habit, i never relied on their search. ALWAYS called-in.
I'm thinking about staying at the Four Seasons Lanai in mid-January, and it's not showing up on the TYP during my dates; the site only shows availability up to mid-December. I double checked the FS site and other OTAs and those have ability for my dates. I'd prefer to wait it out, cz the TYP shows the same price and rates I'm interested in and I'd rather pay up front [for non-loyalty program hotels] than wait for the 4th night refund.
My last three 4NF bookings thru the concierge have taken about three months to process:
- Stayed mid October 2018, credited mid-January 2019
- Stayed mid January 2019, credited mid-April 2019
- Stayed mid April 2019, just got an email asking for the folio so they can confirm the credit amount.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
I'm thinking about staying at the Four Seasons Lanai in mid-January, and it's not showing up on the TYP during my dates; the site only shows availability up to mid-December. I double checked the FS site and other OTAs and those have ability for my dates. I'd prefer to wait it out, cz the TYP shows the same price and rates I'm interested in and I'd rather pay up front [for non-loyalty program hotels] than wait for the 4th night refund.
My last three 4NF bookings thru the concierge have taken about three months to process:
- Stayed mid October 2018, credited mid-January 2019
- Stayed mid January 2019, credited mid-April 2019
- Stayed mid April 2019, just got an email asking for the folio so they can confirm the credit amount.
As mia said before, it's 2 billing cycles after the posting of charge. So 3 months sounds pretty accurate. My experience was the same in last several months... which is downgrade from couple of years ago when credit used to post within 30 days. Had several of such instances (might be sheer luck).

Also, has anyone checked if Aman properties are included? Last I checked neither of N America Aman properties were included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.