Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 10:05 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Traveler56789
Does anyone have experience booking two hotel rooms (same dates) with the fourth night free benefit?

I'm traveling with my family and needed to book two rooms at the same hotel. I made two separate 4th night free reservations through Citi Concierge (this was done via two phone calls and speaking with two different agents).

If I use the Citi Prestige to pay for both rooms, will I get the fourth night free for both reservations?

It seems like this isn't technically allowed, but I wonder if their system will actually prevent me from receiving the credit on both rooms.
You can’t receive a credit for two hotel rooms on any same date.

Although, has anyone tested this using the online booking portal yet....?
Old May 15, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1
Yes I have, it says NOT COMPLIMENTARY 4TH NIGHT ELIGIBLE

Last edited by joachimm; May 15, 2019 at 11:27 am
Old May 15, 2019, 7:41 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by joachimm
This is an excellent DP.

Thank you for sharing! 👍🏼👍🏼
Old May 19, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Has anyone tried booking a MO under the new Fans of MO scheme using the Citi Prestige 4th Night Free benefit?
Were you able to get the Fans of MO scheme to work with Citi's 4th night free?
Old May 19, 2019, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Was that for none refundable rates?

If so, another nail in the coffin of the card (although I kinda suspected that would happen)
Old May 19, 2019, 8:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer

If so, another nail in the coffin of the card (although I kinda suspected that would happen)
Sorry, but I don't see the connection between the question answered and the non-refundable aspect.
Old May 19, 2019, 9:56 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kylash
Still waiting on statement credit for an early-March stay that posted to my card on 3/4.

Had 2 Citi Prestige stays in March that still have not credited. I did finally receive the email confirmation on the 1st stay on 5/13 advising me that I will receive the credit within 10 business days.

I am seriously considering canceling this card. I got it for the 4th night free benefit and it has been a net benefit— those 2 stays will result in an $1800 credit. But with the upcoming changes in September I am really wondering if dealing with this card will be worth it. I’m especially disappointed with the fact that I won’t be able to stack with my Elite Hotel benefits.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Sorry, but I don't see the connection between the question answered and the non-refundable aspect.
Simple - the 4th night rebate is only available for one actual stay at a given night (no overlapping stays).

It should not be restricted to overlapping reservations (i.e., it should not be restricted to more than one refundable reservation). One should be able to have more than one refundable reservation for the same time period, as one can do now with the Concierge (albeit with push back lately).I would understand if the system is hard coded to restrict none cancelable reservation for one time period, but if it hard coded to restrict refundable reservations it is a major downgrade.So, in order to understand the limitation the system put on reservations, whether the reservation is refundable or not is important to know.
mia and akr1970akr like this.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:37 am

My first reservation was for a refundable rate, booked through the portal.

My second attempt was for a non-refundable rate- at the time I was checking, I was not able to filter post-search for refundable rates. I assumed at the time that it was a (unrelated) bug and it was; I just went back to check, and I can now see Refundable rates but I get the same not eligible text on each listing.

I've been able to reserve two refundable rates through the concierge in the past, with the promise that I'd cancel one of them, and the understanding that I'd only get one rebate if I didn't.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:41 am

Simple - the 4th night rebate is only available for one actual stay at a given night (no overlapping stays).

It should not be restricted to overlapping reservations (i.e., it should not be restricted to more than one refundable reservation). One should be able to have more than one refundable reservation for the same time period, as one can do now with the Concierge (albeit with push back lately).I would understand if the system is hard coded to restrict none cancelable reservation for one time period, but if it hard coded to restrict refundable reservations it is a major downgrade.So, in order to understand the limitation the system put on reservations, whether the reservation is refundable or not is important to know.
I agree, it really limits the benefit if you cannot reserve multiple refundable rates through the portal. Flexibility is worth $$$ in my view. Of course since we can only use the 4th night free benefit twice/yr it's pretty limited and I will probably use it for aspirational trips that are planned months in advance and somewhat fixed.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I recently booked a stay in late December under a fully flexible rate -- yet I received the "Your Citi Prestige Complimentary Night Credit is on its way" email from the concierge today. Will be interesting to see if the credit actually posts in the next 10 working days, and even more interesting to see what would happen if I end up cancelling the booking (directly with the hotel).
akr1970akr and neutralist like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
I recently booked a stay in late December under a fully flexible rate -- yet I received the "Your Citi Prestige Complimentary Night Credit is on its way" email from the concierge today. Will be interesting to see if the credit actually posts in the next 10 working days, and even more interesting to see what would happen if I end up cancelling the booking (directly with the hotel).
Amazing and I'm still waiting for credits for stays paid for months ago
Old May 21, 2019, 8:52 am

I went back like 20 pages on this thread and I didn't see my specific type of question addressed, so here goes...

I am trying to book a 4th night free reservation but I am also trying to use my TYP, which I believe means I have to use the online portal (I know, blah). I realize that this means that I won't receive points or elite credits, however I'm not as concerned because I have no status at the hotel in question and they offer free breakfast anyway (it's a Country Inn). When I go to make the booking online I do see that the fourth night free is being applied and I'm able to use points, however my questions are:

1. Will the TY points be deducted immediately from my account even though the stay isn't for ~5 months?
2. Will my stay show up in my Radisson Rewards account? I see some posts recommending calling to ensure the stay is seen by the hotel before checking in?
3. I am booking a refundable rate. If I need to cancel, do I need to do that through the portal, or through the hotel?
4. If I do cancel, do the TY points re-appear in my Citi account immediately?
5. When I am checking out of the hotel, will they just see in their system that the room is already paid via TY points? How does that part work?
6. Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks very much!
Old May 21, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Nirvana91
I went back like 20 pages on this thread and I didn't see my specific type of question addressed, so here goes...

I am trying to book a 4th night free reservation but I am also trying to use my TYP, which I believe means I have to use the online portal (I know, blah). I realize that this means that I won't receive points or elite credits, however I'm not as concerned because I have no status at the hotel in question and they offer free breakfast anyway (it's a Country Inn). When I go to make the booking online I do see that the fourth night free is being applied and I'm able to use points, however my questions are:

1. Will the TY points be deducted immediately from my account even though the stay isn't for ~5 months?
2. Will my stay show up in my Radisson Rewards account? I see some posts recommending calling to ensure the stay is seen by the hotel before checking in?
3. I am booking a refundable rate. If I need to cancel, do I need to do that through the portal, or through the hotel?
4. If I do cancel, do the TY points re-appear in my Citi account immediately?
5. When I am checking out of the hotel, will they just see in their system that the room is already paid via TY points? How does that part work?
6. Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks very much!
Can't answer everything, but most stays booked online are prepaid, so you're likely going to pay TYP upfront at the time of booking. If you need to cancel, go through Citi, not the hotel, or you're at risk of forfeiting the points. Hotel just sees that you're paid up -- they don't know (or care) that it was with TYP instead of cash.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Can't answer everything, but most stays booked online are prepaid, so you're likely going to pay TYP upfront at the time of booking. If you need to cancel, go through Citi, not the hotel, or you're at risk of forfeiting the points. Hotel just sees that you're paid up -- they don't know (or care) that it was with TYP instead of cash.
In general I've never been able to get those portal stays to show up on any of the hotel websites / loyalty accounts.

Not expecting points/status or anything but just for plain old notification / administration of rezzys.

Nothing.

And just because it looks like a prepaid rate to a hotel, doesn't mean they won't screw up and STILL try to charge you anyways.

Had to fix one of those from February this year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.