Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 9, 19, 7:10 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Old May 15, 19, 10:05 am
  #826  
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: DL PM (and falling fast!), AA EXP, IHG Spire, IC Amb
Posts: 3,855
Originally Posted by Traveler56789 View Post
Does anyone have experience booking two hotel rooms (same dates) with the fourth night free benefit?

I'm traveling with my family and needed to book two rooms at the same hotel. I made two separate 4th night free reservations through Citi Concierge (this was done via two phone calls and speaking with two different agents).

If I use the Citi Prestige to pay for both rooms, will I get the fourth night free for both reservations?

It seems like this isn't technically allowed, but I wonder if their system will actually prevent me from receiving the credit on both rooms.
You can’t receive a credit for two hotel rooms on any same date.

Although, has anyone tested this using the online booking portal yet....?
355F1 is offline  
Old May 15, 19, 11:20 am
  #827  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: BOS
Programs: B6 Mosaic, UA Gold
Posts: 201
Originally Posted by 355F1 View Post
You can’t receive a credit for two hotel rooms on any same date.
Although, has anyone tested this using the online booking portal yet....?
Yes I have, it says NOT COMPLIMENTARY 4TH NIGHT ELIGIBLE

Last edited by joachimm; May 15, 19 at 11:27 am
joachimm is offline  
Old May 15, 19, 7:41 pm
  #828  
IHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: DL PM (and falling fast!), AA EXP, IHG Spire, IC Amb
Posts: 3,855
Originally Posted by joachimm View Post
Yes I have, it says NOT COMPLIMENTARY 4TH NIGHT ELIGIBLE
This is an excellent DP.

Thank you for sharing! 👍🏼👍🏼
355F1 is offline  
Old May 19, 19, 3:15 am
  #829  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: CX MP GR =(
Posts: 384
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll View Post
Has anyone tried booking a MO under the new Fans of MO scheme using the Citi Prestige 4th Night Free benefit?
Were you able to get the Fans of MO scheme to work with Citi's 4th night free?
hakzai is offline  
Old May 19, 19, 5:47 am
  #830  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MD/DC
Programs: Hilton Gold, PC Ambassador Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Marriot/SPG Gold, TK Gold
Posts: 1,282
Originally Posted by joachimm View Post
Yes I have, it says NOT COMPLIMENTARY 4TH NIGHT ELIGIBLE
Was that for none refundable rates?

If so, another nail in the coffin of the card (although I kinda suspected that would happen)
MD/DC Flyer is offline  
Old May 19, 19, 8:35 am
  #831  
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Posts: 38,567
Originally Posted by 355F1 View Post
You can’t receive a credit for two hotel rooms on any same date.

Although, has anyone tested this using the online booking portal yet....?
Originally Posted by joachimm View Post
Yes I have, it says NOT COMPLIMENTARY 4TH NIGHT ELIGIBLE

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer View Post
Was that for none refundable rates?

If so, another nail in the coffin of the card (although I kinda suspected that would happen)
Sorry, but I don't see the connection between the question answered and the non-refundable aspect.
mia is offline  
Old May 19, 19, 9:56 am
  #832  
SPG 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: La Jolla, CA
Programs: Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond (C) Hyatt Explorist (M)
Posts: 2,487
Originally Posted by Kylash View Post
Still waiting on statement credit for an early-March stay that posted to my card on 3/4.

Had 2 Citi Prestige stays in March that still have not credited. I did finally receive the email confirmation on the 1st stay on 5/13 advising me that I will receive the credit within 10 business days.

I am seriously considering canceling this card. I got it for the 4th night free benefit and it has been a net benefit— those 2 stays will result in an $1800 credit. But with the upcoming changes in September I am really wondering if dealing with this card will be worth it. I’m especially disappointed with the fact that I won’t be able to stack with my Elite Hotel benefits.
akr1970akr likes this.
damon88 is offline  
Old May 19, 19, 2:04 pm
  #833  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MD/DC
Programs: Hilton Gold, PC Ambassador Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Marriot/SPG Gold, TK Gold
Posts: 1,282
Originally Posted by mia View Post
Sorry, but I don't see the connection between the question answered and the non-refundable aspect.
Simple - the 4th night rebate is only available for one actual stay at a given night (no overlapping stays).

It should not be restricted to overlapping reservations (i.e., it should not be restricted to more than one refundable reservation). One should be able to have more than one refundable reservation for the same time period, as one can do now with the Concierge (albeit with push back lately).I would understand if the system is hard coded to restrict none cancelable reservation for one time period, but if it hard coded to restrict refundable reservations it is a major downgrade.So, in order to understand the limitation the system put on reservations, whether the reservation is refundable or not is important to know.
mia and akr1970akr like this.
MD/DC Flyer is offline  
Old May 20, 19, 8:37 am
  #834  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: BOS
Programs: B6 Mosaic, UA Gold
Posts: 201
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer View Post

Was that for none refundable rates?

If so, another nail in the coffin of the card (although I kinda suspected that would happen)
My first reservation was for a refundable rate, booked through the portal.

My second attempt was for a non-refundable rate- at the time I was checking, I was not able to filter post-search for refundable rates. I assumed at the time that it was a (unrelated) bug and it was; I just went back to check, and I can now see Refundable rates but I get the same not eligible text on each listing.

I've been able to reserve two refundable rates through the concierge in the past, with the promise that I'd cancel one of them, and the understanding that I'd only get one rebate if I didn't.
joachimm is offline  
Old May 20, 19, 8:41 am
  #835  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: BOS
Programs: B6 Mosaic, UA Gold
Posts: 201
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer View Post
Simple - the 4th night rebate is only available for one actual stay at a given night (no overlapping stays).

It should not be restricted to overlapping reservations (i.e., it should not be restricted to more than one refundable reservation). One should be able to have more than one refundable reservation for the same time period, as one can do now with the Concierge (albeit with push back lately).I would understand if the system is hard coded to restrict none cancelable reservation for one time period, but if it hard coded to restrict refundable reservations it is a major downgrade.So, in order to understand the limitation the system put on reservations, whether the reservation is refundable or not is important to know.
I agree, it really limits the benefit if you cannot reserve multiple refundable rates through the portal. Flexibility is worth $$$ in my view. Of course since we can only use the 4th night free benefit twice/yr it's pretty limited and I will probably use it for aspirational trips that are planned months in advance and somewhat fixed.
joachimm is offline  
Old May 20, 19, 8:00 pm
  #836  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: MPC, KF, BAEC // SPG, WoH, Honors
Posts: 1,117
I recently booked a stay in late December under a fully flexible rate -- yet I received the "Your Citi Prestige Complimentary Night Credit is on its way" email from the concierge today. Will be interesting to see if the credit actually posts in the next 10 working days, and even more interesting to see what would happen if I end up cancelling the booking (directly with the hotel).
akr1970akr and neutralist like this.
Kilian Zoll is offline  
Old May 21, 19, 7:01 am
  #837  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: bay area, ca
Programs: UA plat, spg plat, aa plat, marriott plat
Posts: 3,196
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll View Post
I recently booked a stay in late December under a fully flexible rate -- yet I received the "Your Citi Prestige Complimentary Night Credit is on its way" email from the concierge today. Will be interesting to see if the credit actually posts in the next 10 working days, and even more interesting to see what would happen if I end up cancelling the booking (directly with the hotel).
Amazing and I'm still waiting for credits for stays paid for months ago
estnet is offline  
Old May 21, 19, 8:52 am
  #838  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 326
I went back like 20 pages on this thread and I didn't see my specific type of question addressed, so here goes...

I am trying to book a 4th night free reservation but I am also trying to use my TYP, which I believe means I have to use the online portal (I know, blah). I realize that this means that I won't receive points or elite credits, however I'm not as concerned because I have no status at the hotel in question and they offer free breakfast anyway (it's a Country Inn). When I go to make the booking online I do see that the fourth night free is being applied and I'm able to use points, however my questions are:

1. Will the TY points be deducted immediately from my account even though the stay isn't for ~5 months?
2. Will my stay show up in my Radisson Rewards account? I see some posts recommending calling to ensure the stay is seen by the hotel before checking in?
3. I am booking a refundable rate. If I need to cancel, do I need to do that through the portal, or through the hotel?
4. If I do cancel, do the TY points re-appear in my Citi account immediately?
5. When I am checking out of the hotel, will they just see in their system that the room is already paid via TY points? How does that part work?
6. Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks very much!
Nirvana91 is online now  
Old May 21, 19, 10:32 am
  #839  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: AA PLT
Posts: 2,695
Originally Posted by Nirvana91 View Post
I went back like 20 pages on this thread and I didn't see my specific type of question addressed, so here goes...

I am trying to book a 4th night free reservation but I am also trying to use my TYP, which I believe means I have to use the online portal (I know, blah). I realize that this means that I won't receive points or elite credits, however I'm not as concerned because I have no status at the hotel in question and they offer free breakfast anyway (it's a Country Inn). When I go to make the booking online I do see that the fourth night free is being applied and I'm able to use points, however my questions are:

1. Will the TY points be deducted immediately from my account even though the stay isn't for ~5 months?
2. Will my stay show up in my Radisson Rewards account? I see some posts recommending calling to ensure the stay is seen by the hotel before checking in?
3. I am booking a refundable rate. If I need to cancel, do I need to do that through the portal, or through the hotel?
4. If I do cancel, do the TY points re-appear in my Citi account immediately?
5. When I am checking out of the hotel, will they just see in their system that the room is already paid via TY points? How does that part work?
6. Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks very much!
Can't answer everything, but most stays booked online are prepaid, so you're likely going to pay TYP upfront at the time of booking. If you need to cancel, go through Citi, not the hotel, or you're at risk of forfeiting the points. Hotel just sees that you're paid up -- they don't know (or care) that it was with TYP instead of cash.
linglingfool is offline  
Old May 21, 19, 12:08 pm
  #840  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Western US
Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Posts: 768
Originally Posted by linglingfool View Post
Can't answer everything, but most stays booked online are prepaid, so you're likely going to pay TYP upfront at the time of booking. If you need to cancel, go through Citi, not the hotel, or you're at risk of forfeiting the points. Hotel just sees that you're paid up -- they don't know (or care) that it was with TYP instead of cash.
In general I've never been able to get those portal stays to show up on any of the hotel websites / loyalty accounts.

Not expecting points/status or anything but just for plain old notification / administration of rezzys.

Nothing.

And just because it looks like a prepaid rate to a hotel, doesn't mean they won't screw up and STILL try to charge you anyways.

Had to fix one of those from February this year!
akr1970akr is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread