Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat/2MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist. PA WorldPass
Folks--a quick heads-up: I called the concierge this morning to book a 4NF reservation, applying a published rate I found on Marriott's website that offers a daily resort credit and upgraded room. (I've booked similar rates through the concierge many times in the past.) As others have noted, the first agent I spoke with was unable to book anything directly through the hotel; she noted that the concierge vendor had changed "in the last two weeks" (from Aspire to Conexxions, presumably) and she had no ability to work outside their booking system. I asked for a supervisor and explained that this change in policy was news to me (and a meaningful degradation in the value of the 4NF benefit), and was told point blank that, sorry, the old benefits are no longer available.

I had more or less come to assume that the 4NF benefit would be useless for most large chains effective September 1, but I didn't expect they would begin pulling out the rug from beneath us beforehand.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
They're trying to avoid a wave of last minute bookings for stays AFTER Sep 1, like what Prestige card holders have been doing in prior summers when rules were in flux.

I guess I better check for our Xmas plans too, but I'm assuming we'll be hosed as well, even if we don't stay at a chain/loyalty type of place.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:42 pm

I booked two rooms for the same dates at different hotels using the fourth night free benefit. I did this because I wasn't sure where I wanted to stay yet and wanted to secure reservations for they sold out. Citi was fine with me double booking, but they said that I will only be reimbursed for the 4th night free for one of the rooms, and thus I need to cancel the other one before the stay.

Can I cancel the room I'm not using myself through Marriott.com, or do I need to call Citi Prestiege to do this?

I know that I can technically cancel the room myself on marriott.com (it shows up under my trip), but I don't want to invalidate the 4th night free reimbursement for the other stay.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler56789
I booked two rooms for the same dates at different hotels using the fourth night free benefit. I did this because I wasn't sure where I wanted to stay yet and wanted to secure reservations for they sold out. Citi was fine with me double booking, but they said that I will only be reimbursed for the 4th night free for one of the rooms, and thus I need to cancel the other one before the stay.

Can I cancel the room I'm not using myself through Marriott.com, or do I need to call Citi Prestiege to do this?

I know that I can technically cancel the room myself on marriott.com (it shows up under my trip), but I don't want to invalidate the 4th night free reimbursement for the other stay.
They get confused if you cancel. This is what they told me when I have cancelled by myself, and they found out later. So they say it may not credit properly.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
They get confused if you cancel. This is what they told me when I have cancelled by myself, and they found out later. So they say it may not credit properly.
Thank you!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:07 am
Rd3

Programs: HH Dia, Marriott Titanium, AA Gold, UA Silver
Still able to book w/concierge as of 6/17

Just wanted to put this data point out there: was able to book a 4-night stay at a Sheraton using a government rate via the concierge--I called the normal line & booked the room with no issues, & my Marriott account is # attached.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:21 pm

Just made 2 more 4th night free corp rate bookings by email.

-David
Old Jun 21, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
I’ve been trying to call today. It prompts me to hit 2 to book, and then it rings once and silence on line.
anyone else having issues like this?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Ended up emailing and. Room was booked quickly
Old Jun 22, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by stallion114
I’ve been trying to call today. It prompts me to hit 2 to book, and then it rings once and silence on line.
anyone else having issues like this?
I had this happen the other day a few times in a row. I waited 30 mins, tried again, and then no problem.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:34 am

Has anyone used multiple 4th nights free by putting award stays in between?
example:
nights 1-4 using 4th night free
night 5 award reservation
nights 6-9 4th night free
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:16 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by stallion114
Has anyone used multiple 4th nights free by putting award stays in between?
example:
nights 1-4 using 4th night free
night 5 award reservation
nights 6-9 4th night free
Yes. Many times.

You need to to make sure the hotel does NOT combine your reservations and you check out and check in each day of the next reservation.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
I have a question about bookings made pre-9/1 for stays after. My Citi letter says,

"Complimentary 4th night... Bookings made prior to 9/1 will not count toward your two redemptions for 2019."

Since it mentions the booking, not the stay, date, I assume I can book multiple late 2019 and 2020 bookings that will receive the credit back, so long as they're booked before 9/1?

Is anyone else doing this? Now, if the credit doesn't post i'm sure it'll be a nightmare, but that's another story.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by drewp123
Is anyone else doing this? .....
Some discussion here:

Citi Prestige 4th Night Free - Concierge Bookings - 2020 Stays
drewp123 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
For Marriott bookings, does the 4th night earn elite credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.