Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 355F1
Well, I have some good news, fellow FT'ers!

I just got the "your credit is on its way" email from Citi and it is for the actual price that I paid WITH the paid upgrade!!! ($486.76, which was the upgrade's base rate without tax)

So, the answer is B!!! ^^
Thanks for reporting back. Good to know.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Anyone successful booking half board rates?

Also anyone have experience where the hotel property is also offering 4th night free but credits it at the property? Specifically the StR Bora Bora. They have a 4th night free rate (one with half board one without) but the T&Cs state the 4th night is manually credited at checkout so concerned that would screw up Citi since they go off the bill.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787

Also anyone have experience where the hotel property is also offering 4th night free but credits it at the property? Specifically the StR Bora Bora. They have a 4th night free rate (one with half board one without) but the T&Cs state the 4th night is manually credited at checkout so concerned that would screw up Citi since they go off the bill.
I've managed to book one of those in SPG property. However, the stay did not occur yet.

The confirmation e-mail stated a true 25% off.

You'll have no luck with the half-board unless it is cheaper or equal to the BAR.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Just received my credit for my stay at One&Only Wolgang Valley. Received a credit of just over $2,300 when I was supposed to receive a credit of approximately $1,700. I called to let them know and the agent said it was related to the AUD/USD exchange, which has not changed much since I booked. Not going to waste anymore time on this since it worked out in my favor but found it interesting....
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
In case anyone was interested, I was recently able to book Kimpton Last Minute Deal rate with the 4th Night Free benefit.

I was looking for an experience with this before I booked, so I'm just adding it on here for others to find.

So I assume Concierge can book other Rewards Program Member Only rates? (MR, IHG Your Rate, etc.)
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:03 pm

I'd like to book a hotel in Cabo using its 3rd night free benefit. But when I book 4 nights, under price breakdown, it actually prices the last night (the 4th night in this case) as $0.

Would this be a problem with Citi Prestige 4th night free since the breakdown lists the 4th night as $0?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by FlyingTonto
I'd like to book a hotel in Cabo using its 3rd night free benefit. But when I book 4 nights, under price breakdown, it actually prices the last night (the 4th night in this case) as $0.

Would this be a problem with Citi Prestige 4th night free since the breakdown lists the 4th night as $0?
Bookings now use the average price of the four nights, instead of strictly the fourth night, so you'll get an additional 3/4 of a night free.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:33 am

I booked a half-board rate in the Maldives about a week ago. Non-refundable rate. 4th night credit already posted. This is the shortest posting I have ever had. Incidentally, the half-board rate is the lowest rate.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
What is the half board rate? I'm booked at STR Bora Bora for late November on the Citi 4th night free using SPG 50 rate.

Also do you still get a credit if hotel is not paid for on Citi card?

I would prefer to use Marriot credit card with this promo if possible.

Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:57 am

SPG has a 3rd night free promo and I'm trying to figure out how much 4 nights will cost after July's devaluation.
For ex, the Sheraton Maui is $321/night over 4 nights; after the 3rd night free, it shows $240/night. Cost breakdown shows $321, $321, $0, $321 prior to checkout, and after taxes and fees, the total is $1237. I figure Citi will reimburse $240 now (and $321 prior to July). Is this correct?
Old Oct 1, 2017, 9:39 am

$240 now vs. $321+tax pre July
Old Oct 2, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Rental condo 4th night free?

I typically use VRBO to rent condos in Hawaii - particularly in the Kihei area of Maui. Is there any way for the phone agents to book, qualifying for 4th night free?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:43 pm

Yep. I was just credited back $692 for the 4th night at the Pompano Beach Club on their "Modified American Plan" rate - which is not the cheapest room rate they offer. It seems to depend on the agent who processes the request and how hard they look at the various rate offerings from the property.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:26 pm

I plan to use the TY portal to book a hotel in the future with 4th night free included. Can I cancel my card after I book the room? In other words, do I still need the card when I check in? My guess is no, since I already paid the total already....
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:57 pm

Kimpton Karma and 4th night free

Originally Posted by Aero137
In case anyone was interested, I was recently able to book Kimpton Last Minute Deal rate with the 4th Night Free benefit.

I was looking for an experience with this before I booked, so I'm just adding it on here for others to find.

So I assume Concierge can book other Rewards Program Member Only rates? (MR, IHG Your Rate, etc.)
Curious if the stay counted for your Kimpton Karma?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.