FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1859873-citi-prestige-4th-night-free-hotel-benefit-july-2017-august-2019-a.html)

MD/DC Flyer Jul 23, 17 7:32 am

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Tried to make a booking this morning by e-mailing the concierge. The replies very fast - but said the turn around time will be 4 days.

I hope it is just growing pains with the transition to the new system and not the new norm.

pubsmeister Jul 23, 17 11:31 am

Have used the 4th night benefit twice, love it. First time was at a Doubletree in London last year, and Hilton gave me points just like if I had booked direct. Last month we went to Atlantis and used the Prestige card to save over $1000. However, no credit of any kind from Marriott. I sent an e-mail asking for credit, and they responded with a denial. Some of the promos involving this card imply that you do get full hotel benefits (points for stays) using the Prestige concierge, but no luck this time. The points bloggers all tout this benefit, but its not clear to me that Citi makes this claim.

What is your experience? Did you get hotel points for your stay? If not, was an appeal successful? Did you take it to Citi or the Hotel Rewards program? Any advice on recouping points would be appreciated.

jeepie Jul 23, 17 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by pubsmeister (Post 28596787)
Have used the 4th night benefit twice, love it. First time was at a Doubletree in London last year, and Hilton gave me points just like if I had booked direct. Last month we went to Atlantis and used the Prestige card to save over $1000. However, no credit of any kind from Marriott. I sent an e-mail asking for credit, and they responded with a denial. Some of the promos involving this card imply that you do get full hotel benefits (points for stays) using the Prestige concierge, but no luck this time. The points bloggers all tout this benefit, but its not clear to me that Citi makes this claim.

What is your experience? Did you get hotel points for your stay? If not, was an appeal successful? Did you take it to Citi or the Hotel Rewards program? Any advice on recouping points would be appreciated.

I have always received points and nights credit from Marriott (and others). I made sure my Rewards number was showing on the reservation (and can easily double check on Marriott.com). I HAVE noticed one particular full service Marriott seems to not go out of their way as far as an upgrade is concerned when I book thru the concierge, but it has only been several times so I can't be certain. Ymmv. Cheers.

Duke787 Jul 23, 17 1:48 pm

The booking tool on the Thank You portal does appear to now include the complimentary 4th night free. It does also let you pay with your TYPs for some or all of your booking and it does appear to be applying those at 1.25 CPP.

For example made a dummy booking for FS Maldives and this is what I got:

$1405.42/night
$269.88/night in taxes and fees

Total with 4th night free applied: $5295.78

Slider with adding points then backs value of the points to 0.012500396...

op487062 Jul 23, 17 2:11 pm

I was trying some dummy bookings, the portal doesn't seem to have each hotel's special offers as an option.

I think I'll keep calling in

SAS72 Jul 23, 17 2:52 pm

Great experience using hotel discount _ Hotel Drisco

I just had an excellent experience calling into the Citi hotel concierge. She made the 4th night complimentary reservation for the Hotel Drisco in San Francisco applying a 15% off 4 nights or more promotion found only on the hotel's website. She could not have been nicer, quoted the same price I would have gotten on the hotel's website and explained when I would then get the credit for the 4th night. I was pleasantly surprised to get the discount applied and pleased with the customer service.

Amex For Children Of Africa Jul 23, 17 5:21 pm

Not really liking the new interface. Tried 2 trips so far comparing against the actual hotel websites. One of them was way off price wise(Citi way higher), and the other was close, but the hotel website was $40 a night cheaper using their "best rate" promo(meaning with the 4th night free it was cheaper on Citi, but should have been $120 less). Still seems like calling will be the best move, as it allows you to pick different rates through the rep. Citi needs to fix this asap or this new method will be a complete waste.

gpeso8 Jul 23, 17 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa (Post 28598057)
Not really liking the new interface. Tried 2 trips so far comparing against the actual hotel websites. One of them was way off price wise(Citi way higher), and the other was close, but the hotel website was $40 a night cheaper using their "best rate" promo. Still seems like calling will be the best move, as it allows you to pick different rates through the rep. Citi needs to fix this asap or this new method will be a complete waste.

Agree, I played around with a few properties I'm going to be booking in the next few weeks and it each case I found better offers on the hotel's website. I'm going to keep calling in my reservation as usual.

FlyingDoctorwu Jul 24, 17 4:07 am

Also just spent some time playing around on the website.. horribly slow; crummy interface.. sometimes it just returns a blank screen.. haven't actually done any price comparison but have noticed that the room list is very very incomplete (a lot of hotels I don't see any suite inventory loaded)... I agree about continuing to call in...

FDW

swag Jul 24, 17 6:17 am

Hopefully I'm just missing it... If I am booking through the portal, where do I specify if I am looking for AAA rates?

MD/DC Flyer Jul 24, 17 6:23 am

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer (Post 28595669)
Tried to make a booking this morning by e-mailing the concierge. The replies very fast - but said the turn around time will be 4 days.

I hope it is just growing pains with the transition to the new system and not the new norm.

I gave up and call in this morning to get it done.

The agent, extremely nice and efficient, but clearly does not aware of the recent changes. I had to educate the agent that now rates, where the hotel gives the 4th night free, are eligible to be booked. A supervisor had to be consulted. It took much longer than it should but got it done.

I would have assumed that the roll out for the agents would have been better.

MD/DC Flyer Jul 24, 17 6:24 am

Originally Posted by swag (Post 28599899)
Hopefully I'm just missing it... If I am booking through the portal, where do I specify if I am looking for AAA rates?

AFAIK - you cannot - you have to call for those.

flyershmlyer Jul 24, 17 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by flyershmlyer (Post 28580984)
after your stay: do you need to get an email from them confirming 4th night refund or you may get the refund without any notification?

got the email about a month after the stay. and also the statement cut in the interim with no refund, which had me worried. was about to call them up.

estnet Jul 25, 17 5:59 pm

Is it possible to "test drive' the new web interface without having an account? I'd like to try it out before I decide whether I'll apply for the card

TAHKUCT Jul 25, 17 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by estnet (Post 28607439)
Is it possible to "test drive' the new web interface without having an account? I'd like to try it out before I decide whether I'll apply for the card

I do not believe so as those are member only benefits.