Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a continuation of the original discussion HERE.

Book online at thankyou.com or by phone at 1-877-288-2484 7/24.

Starting September 1, 2019 the complimentary 4th night benefit can be used up to two times per calendar year. Bookings made prior to September 1, 2019, will not count toward your two-stay cap for 2019. Starting September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread
for details.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by nesnith
... doesn't seem to be a specific distinction between room types within the same property,...
Not sure, but if the list of excluded lodgings mentions villas, and if the property calls these rooms villas, there could be difficulty, even if that's not the intent of the exclusion. I am not making a prediction, merely asking a question.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Absolutely agree, especially with the FS or 6Senses there. Though if you have Hilton Gold/Diamond status, you could get some extra value out of it. The new St Regis just opened up too.
Not to derail too much for the 4th night topic, but are the Conrads there (Bora Bora or Maldives) not very good? I have long thought this would be a solid place to use HH points, although since the recent devaluation I'm sure it's like a bazillion points for a single night.

I have Starpoints too, and could swing a 5-nighter one of these years if I hit that annual award discount period for the ultra-premium properties, but I'm only SPG Gold these days...
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by nekbet
The lady that helped me on the phone said "bear with us a little while, we're swamped with the new system changes"

So hopefully temporary? It'd be nice if a Prestige or Concierge (Affinity Travel is their contractor for it, I think?) chimed in :-)
Yep same excuse as last time they changed vendors. Got so bad i cancelled the card, more things change more they are the same
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by mia
Not sure, but if the list of excluded lodgings mentions villas, and if the property calls these rooms villas, there could be difficulty, even if that's not the intent of the exclusion. I am not making a prediction, merely asking a question.
Yea, I agree; that's certainly a good question.

I guess I simply assumed (or most certainly hoped) that since a property is listed as eligible for the 4th night free benefit on Thankyou.com, and is bookable via convention channel (i.e. Conrad's website), there wouldn't be any reason for particular rooms to be excluded. And, I always had the assumption that the benefit exclusion applies to a property as a whole.

Digging a bit deeper, it looks like all the rooms for this Conrad property have "villas" in their names, even for those listed on Thankyou.com:

With that logic, it would be hard for Citi to argue that the benefit applies to some "villa" rooms while excluding some others within the same property.

Alas, nothing can be certain until a hard data point shows one way or the other.

p.s. I am secretly hoping that matrixwalker2012 will be our guinea pig to test this out.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:05 am

I just booked a 4-night hotel stay on thankyou.com, and then called SPG to add my loyalty number to the reservation. They said they couldn't do it in the system and wouldhave to call the hotel front desk to ask them to do it - however, they also said I wouldn't get any stay credit or points, because the booking was made through "a third party". I think it's a reference to the Eligible Stay / Eligible Rate definition in SPG terms and conditions - but when I was making reservations through Concierge in the past (over the phone or e-mail), they would always be counted as eligible. Thoughts?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Gimlei
I just booked a 4-night hotel stay on thankyou.com, and then called SPG to add my loyalty number to the reservation. They said they couldn't do it in the system and wouldhave to call the hotel front desk to ask them to do it - however, they also said I wouldn't get any stay credit or points, because the booking was made through "a third party". I think it's a reference to the Eligible Stay / Eligible Rate definition in SPG terms and conditions - but when I was making reservations through Concierge in the past (over the phone or e-mail), they would always be counted as eligible. Thoughts?
If you read the "Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit?" thread, and read the blogs, you will see this has been the biggest concern with this online booking method. Citi claims it should still be eligible for stay credits and points, but we need people to report back. You might be the first actually!
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Citi claims it should still be eligible for stay credits and points, but we need people to report back. You might be the first actually!
Happy to report - so far doesn't sound like good news, but I'll revert with any changes. Out of curiosity, can you point me to where Citi claims the booking should be eligible?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Gimlei
Happy to report - so far doesn't sound like good news, but I'll revert with any changes. Out of curiosity, can you point me to where Citi claims the booking should be eligible?
Nothing official on Citi's website. The information was reported by The Points Guy though:

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/07/750...-prestige-faq/

Better to contact Citi directly regarding your booking. I hope the Citi Concierge can step in, and add the loyalty number for you.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by nesnith
Nothing official on Citi's website. The information was reported by The Points Guy though:

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/07/750...-prestige-faq/

Better to contact Citi directly regarding your booking. I hope the Citi Concierge can step in, and add the loyalty number for you.
Great. Thanks a lot. I've called the hotel and added the loyalty number - it now shows up in my SPG profile without details "[D]ue to a complex rate or a rate from a different booking source associated with your reservation". Let's see what happens - will report back at the end of the week, once the nights post / don't post.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Sure would be nice if Citi communicated clearly, directly to its customers, instead of through a credit card referral blog.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Consider the possibility that this information is simply incorrect. The online travel bookings are outsourced to Connexions Loyalty, the same company that Chase uses for Ultimate Rewards. Many Chase hotel bookings are fulfilled through Expedia, and are not eligible for hotel program status benefits or rewards.

Citi could have arranged for Connexions to route some/all of their bookings through another channel, but I think we need data from actual stays rather than bland assurances from unnamed PR people at Citi.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, 5yr CK, Flying Blue, Delta, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold Elite
Hotel loyalty Specifics

Recently signed up for the card. Did my first 4th night free reservation yesterday, over the phone. They asked for and added my Hyatt number and the reservation showed up on my Hyatt account before I hung up. They also booked a Hyatt 4th night free rate and sent confirmation I will get statement credit for one night of the average nightly rate.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:03 pm

So just tried to book the Intercontinental Moorea via the Prestige portal for six nights --- and the price is more than booking direct.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
So just tried to book the Intercontinental Moorea via the Prestige portal for six nights --- and the price is more than booking direct.
Are the prices spiky? Is there a way to book 4 contiguous nights through the portal and 2 directly and make it work out more in your favor?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by dc10forlife
This is not uncommon when going through any of the portals. I often end up doing what pinniped suggests:

Originally Posted by pinniped
Are the prices spiky? Is there a way to book 4 contiguous nights through the portal and 2 directly and make it work out more in your favor?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.