FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit July 2017 - August 2019
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:16 pm
akr1970akr

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by LASNRT
Looking at four nights at the Hilton Garden Inn Mongkok in Hong Kong in August. (The concierge booked it for me in January, got the credit within 2 days of checking out...)

The prices come out much higher if booked in a 4 day block than if booked separately.

Will the concierge do two separate bookings back to back (at the same property) in order to equal four nights?

For the dates I'm looking at on Hilton website, if I look at all 4 dates as one block, they all price out at HK$1,408 per night. However, if I price them day by day, the first night is HK$1,408, and the next 3 nights are HK$836. (I've seen rate changes in the middle of stays at other Hilton properties, so I don't really understand this one to be honest.)

I'm ok paying (HK$1,408 + HK$836 x 3) x 75%, but not the inflated HK$1,408 x 3.

These are all for the exact same room type, same restrictions.

4 nights booked together:

First night at higher rate, then following three nights at lower rate:

Does anybody have any experience arranging something like this?

Thank you!
I've noticed that before, esp with Hilton. It's some kind of crazy 'married segment' kind of logic in their booking platform. I think a fair number of people simply don't check, so they get away with it. You can ask the concierge to call the property directly and see if they will book a 4 night stay at your 'correct' rate. Who knows they might do it. I've gotten the OneTen concierge at another bank to match a Costco rate by calling the hotel directly, and they are the same company that I think Citi uses too. So it could happen. Give it a try and report back!