FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1632562-citi-aa-platinum-gold-business-cards.html)

MadMadso Jan 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by ygsq (Post 26014806)
From your data point, how soon you got the card since name changed?

I live in the Midwest and it generally takes 2 weeks for me to receive the WE card after it changes on the citi website.

NTP9766 Jan 14, 2016 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Stivelio (Post 26012309)
That's strange. I was also approved on 12/22 but don't see the change on the website yet. Did your first statement close already?

Nope, still have a week or so left on the first statement closing, which appears to be the case for a few others, too.

dukerau Jan 14, 2016 8:46 am

Originally Posted by johnnie198x (Post 26014702)
My theory is that Citi is upgrading in batch, twice per month.
My datapoint: 5 of the AA cards I manage seemed to convert in the past 1-2 days (name changed, no mail alert yet) and 3 more converted around Christmas (already got the WE cards)

What is the name change (How does it appear before/after change)?

NTP9766 Jan 14, 2016 10:25 am

Originally Posted by dukerau (Post 26017493)
What is the name change (How does it appear before/after change)?

Originally Posted by Willbur (Post 25962907)
On your main Accounts screen you will either see:

"Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select" <-- World Elite (converted)
"Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard" <-- World

You can also see this under "Set Default Credit Card and Nickname", which is in the "Profile & Settings" menu of your online Citi account.

PETERPNYC Jan 14, 2016 11:00 am

Just saw the red alert that my latest ( 2 mos ) AA Plat select and my close to one year old Gold select will be receiving replacement cards.

FYI I dont see this message if I log into my account from a laptop on Firefox. I only see the message on my Ipad Citi online account.

Also my latest ( 2 mos ) card has already converted to Plat Select in " set default account ", while my Gold still shows as Platinum Select World , and I wonder if that will change when I get my replacement card

Met the spend and have a pending payment set from serve on the latest Plat Card, and applied using 4c .

I guess that means I am good to go for a new one . I will prolly wait to have the card in hand and activated , but I have heard that is not necessary.
Have heard I can activate the new card by calling in since the cardnumbers are the same BUT the CVS and other info such as expires on may be necessary , and not the same .
In case I cant wait LOL , can I activate the replacement WE card before applying. And is 4c still good to go .

ninim2200 Jan 14, 2016 11:18 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 26018242)
.......... And is 4c still good to go .

I believe 4c is dead, but 4d is as good.

dukerau Jan 14, 2016 11:49 am

Originally Posted by NTP9766 (Post 26018057)
You can also see this under "Set Default Credit Card and Nickname", which is in the "Profile & Settings" menu of your online Citi account.

Sweet! Mine must have changed over in the recent wave then.

sdsearch Jan 14, 2016 11:52 am

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 26014053)
yswygdai wrote that it took his card a couple of nights to arrive and you took him to task on that claim.

Of course! Because they have been mistaken, given that this is the first supposed case of a Citi card arriving anywhere near that fast, and is from a first-time poster.

Please find another case or two or three to support your claim that Citi AA Plats (or Golds) take way less than a week to arrive. One unverified anecdote is not sufficient evidence of something having changed!

We got lots on unverified claims in various threads on FT that imply something has supposedly changed (from what everyone previously that was the case) if those reports were true and accurate reported, and in many cases either we never hear back and never hear of another case, or we hear back that "oops" the original report had a mistake.

IAD_flyer Jan 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 26018242)
Just saw the red alert that my latest ( 2 mos ) AA Plat select and my close to one year old Gold select will be receiving replacement cards.

FYI I dont see this message if I log into my account from a laptop on Firefox. I only see the message on my Ipad Citi online account.

Also my latest ( 2 mos ) card has already converted to Plat Select in " set default account ", while my Gold still shows as Platinum Select World , and I wonder if that will change when I get my replacement card

Met the spend and have a pending payment set from serve on the latest Plat Card, and applied using 4c .

I guess that means I am good to go for a new one . I will prolly wait to have the card in hand and activated , but I have heard that is not necessary.
Have heard I can activate the new card by calling in since the cardnumbers are the same BUT the CVS and other info such as expires on may be necessary , and not the same .
In case I cant wait LOL , can I activate the replacement WE card before applying. And is 4c still good to go .

Since you have a Gold card that conversed, would you be able to help me complete Wiki FAQ question 18 do you know the text sting in the nickname page for the card before and after conversion?

MarkMColo Jan 14, 2016 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer (Post 26019087)
Since you have a Gold card that conversed, would you be able to help me complete Wiki FAQ question 18 do you know the text sting in the nickname page for the card before and after conversion?

Before (World): Citi® / AAdvantage® Gold World MasterCard®
After (World Elite): Citi® / AAdvantage® Gold

sempervivum Jan 14, 2016 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by MarkMColo (Post 26019559)

Can confirm, my account that has a gold WE says the same.

uneeq Jan 14, 2016 5:06 pm

Interesting update for anyone churning this card.

I applied for a new card with the 50k sign up on 12/20. Just checked my citi app today and had the alert that I will be receiving a new card, checked my account online and the name on it appears to be a WE now. My first statement hasn't even closed yet! Anyone else have a conversion go this fast? It's only been 3 weeks.

Might be able churn this even more if they're converting them this fast now.

Hope it doesn't affect my 50k bonus considering I haven't even hit my 3k yet and I won't be getting the bonus until after my conversion.

PETERPNYC Jan 14, 2016 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer (Post 26019087)

I received notice on My Plat and Gold account that a new card is coming .

Am not certain the Gold has converted , but since the Gold card I have in hand is a Chip card I am hopeful it will be converted after activation of new card , or some time.
It still shows as " Citi® / AAdvantage® Gold World MasterCard®

As I said before ,the Plat shows as "Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select®

Is it safe to apply before receiving/ activating the converted Plat card using 4d ?

IAD_flyer Jan 14, 2016 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by MarkMColo (Post 26019559)

Originally Posted by sempervivum (Post 26019871)
Can confirm, my account that has a gold WE says the same.

Thanks updated wiki.

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 26020279)
I received notice on My Plat and Gold account that a new card is coming .

Am not certain the Gold has converted , but since the Gold card I have in hand is a Chip card I am hopeful it will be converted after activation of new card , or some time.
It still shows as " Citi® / AAdvantage® Gold World MasterCard®

As I said before ,the Plat shows as "Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select®

Is it safe to apply before receiving/ activating the converted Plat card using 4d ?

We do not know yet for sure when an account is "safe" during WE conversion to apply for a new account. In general we do not think it is related to card activation, but to play it safe maybe wait until then.

PaulMSN Jan 15, 2016 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 26000251)
I just received approval for my 6th AA MC. We'll see if I get the bonus...

I received my approval notice today and it says 50,000 miles for $3000/3 mo., so I'm happy.