FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1632562-citi-aa-platinum-gold-business-cards.html)

PaulMSN Jan 11, 16 11:11 am

I just received approval for my 6th AA MC. We'll see if I get the bonus.

To those discussing W versus WE: I don't know if it's relevant, but my single Plat Visa > MC conversion came as a WE.

epaairnow Jan 11, 16 11:45 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 26000251)
I just received approval for my 6th AA MC. We'll see if I get the bonus.

To those discussing W versus WE: I don't know if it's relevant, but my single Plat Visa > MC conversion came as a WE.

Sweet! My wife and I are each now on #4 - received letters last week confirming bonus on each.

Good to hear about Visa conversion...will probably cancel mine in a few months depending upon how the current Citi churn/WE run continues.

Richard Berg Jan 11, 16 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 25999630)
If they really sent you a WE as your first card, the question is whether they will do that again? If so, your churn may not be successful. The whole W->WE loophole is based on the fact that they're approving your new card as a different type of card (W) than the card you currently own (WE). The loophole might not work if you're a person to whom they give WE from the start. (But if so, you would be the first person we've heard of that being confirmed. So far everyone who reports getting a WE from that start seems to be not really absolutely sure about it, just like you.)

Translation: just apply and see what happens. Worst case, I'll cancel it straight away. I don't have any other Citi apps on the horizon.

So at the very least, from now on keep track of this stuff, so you don't have be just "pretty sure" about it.
Yeah, I wasn't a churner at the time. Now that I'm knee-deep in this game, my recordkeeping is much better.

ninim2200 Jan 11, 16 5:04 pm

I was wondering if there is any targeted offer for AA Gold for a higher bonus than the 25k? the idea is try to match to the higher bonus like we are doing for the platinum.

sdsearch Jan 11, 16 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by cb11 (Post 26000163)
So W > WE happened many months ago. But still showing Exec Plat on the Citi AA Profile Page. CL has been dropped, assume it's safe to apply for the new one?

Please check the Citi AA Profile Page again, and copy down word for word what it says, instead of guessing from memory. What you wrote makes no sense. The Exec is a completely different card, with a $450 annual fee (not waived the first year), which is WE from the get-go AFAIK. It has a separate thread:

bobert24 Jan 12, 16 9:30 am

Not that we appear to be short on them at the moment, but I found a new biz card link and added it to the wiki as link H.

beachmiles Jan 12, 16 2:33 pm

Is 4c, 4d Magic?

My daughter is not a regular churner like old Dad, but she going to apply for AA Plat MC using a link she got from AA. Still 50,000. $3000 spend.

Should I redirect her to use the above link, or do they all work the same?

mareh Jan 12, 16 2:49 pm

I knew about the 18 month rule, but when I looked over my records, I missed that I'd closed a Platinum Select Mastercard 14 months ago. I applied today and was accepted. Is it better to message them through my old account and ask them if I can withdraw the application, call after it comes, or keep it for a few months and then close it? I know the hard pull has already happened.

PaulMSN Jan 12, 16 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by mareh (Post 26007582)
I knew about the 18 month rule, but when I looked over my records, I missed that I'd closed a Platinum Select Mastercard 14 months ago. I applied today and was accepted. Is it better to message them through my old account and ask them if I can withdraw the application, call after it comes, or keep it for a few months and then close it? I know the hard pull has already happened.

I'd wait to see if the letter mentions the bonus. You never know, and maybe you missed a conversion somewhere.

Happy Jan 12, 16 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by beachmiles (Post 26007499)
My daughter is not a regular churner like old Dad, but she going to apply for AA Plat MC using a link she got from AA. Still 50,000. $3000 spend.

Should I redirect her to use the above link, or do they all work the same?

All work the same. If you read back a few pages - cards approved using links outside 4c etc still received conversion.

ygsq Jan 12, 16 4:57 pm

How long for conversion? Have waited for 45 days since approving, no alert yet.

yswygdai Jan 12, 16 4:59 pm

I used the Citi AAdvantage loophole a couple nights ago, and the card they sent me is already upgraded to World Elite.

I was under the impression that they were going to send me the regular Platinum card, which they would upgrade after 2 months to the World Elite.

However, I just received the new card, and it's already a World Elite.

Did they change something - is this how it's supposed to work?

mareh Jan 12, 16 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 26007896)
I'd wait to see if the letter mentions the bonus. You never know, and maybe you missed a conversion somewhere.

Thanks. I've been lucky that way a few times, so I guess I'll wait it out. So mad at myself though. :mad:

cb11 Jan 12, 16 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 26003129)
Please check the Citi AA Profile Page again, and copy down word for word what it says, instead of guessing from memory. What you wrote makes no sense. The Exec is a completely different card, with a $450 annual fee (not waived the first year), which is WE from the get-go AFAIK. It has a separate thread:

Oops.

Meant to say it still says Platinum Select.

sdsearch Jan 12, 16 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by ygsq (Post 26008282)
How long for conversion? Have waited for 45 days since approving, no alert yet.

Welcome to FlyerTalk, ygsq.

There is no alert. All of a sudden one day you get the WE card (if you're going to get it; most people do but not everyone).

The only way to know if that's coming up is to log into your aa.com account, go to the page which lets you set nicknames for your cards, and see whether it still says "World" in the description of your latest card there. If it does, that means they haven't even started the conversion yet. If the word "World" is missing, they have started the conversion, but it still could be many weeks after that appears before you get the World Elite card in hand.