FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1632562-citi-aa-platinum-gold-business-cards.html)

imhere2stay Mar 29, 2016 12:19 pm

deleted

imhere2stay Mar 29, 2016 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by ss1100 (Post 26404278)
I didn't receive any bonus language in any documentation either, but when you login to the site, you click on your miles summary, and you will see the offer there if you have one.

so you see the bonus tracker online even though you did not receive the bonus mention on the letter that came with the card? this looks like a new data point. i thought if the letter does not mention the bonus, then there is no bonus tied with the account.

ss1100 Mar 29, 2016 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by imhere2stay (Post 26404962)
so you see the bonus tracker online even though you did not receive the bonus mention on the letter that came with the card? this looks like a new data point. i thought if the letter does not mention the bonus, then there is no bonus tied with the account.

This is correct. I scoured the paperwork that both myself and my fiance received (we both got the cards) and there's no mention anywhere in the paperwork about a bonus, but it's our first aadvantage-linked credit cards, we applied for the offer with the signup bonus, and we now both see the bonus tracker within our accounts on the website.

ss1100 Mar 29, 2016 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by ss1100 (Post 26403925)

2) Anyone have any luck having Citi retroactively apply a targeted promotion a couple days after approval?

If anyone is curious, Citi will retroactively apply extra signup bonus miles if you receive a targeted promotion after the fact. We got an extra 20k miles on top of the 30k standard platinum select offer.

<edit>
Make sure you get an official letter sent by Citi through their secure messaging to this effect, that's what they did for us. The 3rd CSR that promised us points is the only one who sent a letter, so keep calling if you don't get a letter.
</edit>

teddy25 Mar 29, 2016 2:33 pm

How often are people churning the biz cards? every 95 days?

do you have to call and wait for them to go through all of your accounts?

Superorb Mar 29, 2016 5:32 pm

I have a "spend $1,000 and get 1,000 bonus points per month" promo on my AAdvantage account. I did $1k through a bank that posted as a purchase, but I did not receive the bonus points on this statement. SM'd them and they said that the bank account funding does not count because it's a cash advance even though it processed as a purchase.

So going forward, do not expect Citi bonuses to be triggered by bank account funding anymore.

phsu Mar 29, 2016 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by gablaze23 (Post 26399019)
Applying for my 5th card Citi Platinum today using a targeted mailed offer meant for my brother. It's my first application since the Feb 10 fiasco and I'm quite concerned because I had just recently cancelled all the other 3 WE cards I had, and the mailed offer I used already expired in February.

Jan 28 Citi Platinum #4 applied and approved
March 20+ WE converted
March 28 Citi Platinum #5 applied using targeted mail code for my brother

My card was approved but not instantly. They put me on hold for like 5-6 minutes! Has this happened to anybody?

Hoping to get the bonus language. Citi sent my brother 2 targetted offers and I plan to use them all!!! :)

I applied AA card last month and wait 5-6 min too. Got the card and meet the spending req. Call to confirm the 50K bonus and said NOT eligible since I closed my 3rd AA card 12 months ago :(

johnnie198x Mar 30, 2016 12:21 am

Originally Posted by phsu (Post 26407256)
Call to confirm the 50K bonus and said NOT eligible since I closed my 3rd AA card 12 months ago :(

Did that 3rd AA card convert to WE? Otherwise, this is not new.

nikita606 Mar 30, 2016 1:24 pm

I have the AA Plat card - it is coming up on the 2nd year annual fee. There was recently fraudulent spending on the card. Citi caught the fraud and called me. Of course the account was closed for security reasons, and Citi sent me a new card with new numbers. Would this reset the 18 month clock? I was thinking about applying for a 2nd AA card before the fee came due.

Also, if I am not offered retention bonus, does downgrading this card to bronze reset the 18 month clock?

frairtuck Mar 30, 2016 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 26406501)
I have a "spend $1,000 and get 1,000 bonus points per month" promo on my AAdvantage account. I did $1k through a bank that posted as a purchase, but I did not receive the bonus points on this statement. SM'd them and they said that the bank account funding does not count because it's a cash advance even though it processed as a purchase.

So going forward, do not expect Citi bonuses to be triggered by bank account funding anymore.

More details please. What card? Churned card at all? What bank account funding?

Need some other data points from other to corroborate this too.

Superorb Mar 30, 2016 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by frairtuck (Post 26411014)
More details please. What card? Churned card at all? What bank account funding?

Need some other data points from other to corroborate this too.

AAdvantage Platinum WE card. Have not churned the card at all beyond waiting 18+ months between apps. Radius bank allowed up to $1,000 in funding from a CC which I did. Posted as a purchase and was not charged cash advance fees, but it did not automatically qualify for the "spend $1,000 in purchases and receive 1,000 bonus points per month".

IAD_flyer Mar 30, 2016 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 26411289)
AAdvantage Platinum WE card. Have not churned the card at all beyond waiting 18+ months between apps. Radius bank allowed up to $1,000 in funding from a CC which I did. Posted as a purchase and was not charged cash advance fees, but it did not automatically qualify for the "spend $1,000 in purchases and receive 1,000 bonus points per month".

On your online account for the transaction in question after selecting the "expend details" link what is listed for the "category" & "transaction type"?

MaxVO Mar 30, 2016 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by nikita606 (Post 26410820)
I have the AA Plat card - it is coming up on the 2nd year annual fee. There was recently fraudulent spending on the card. Citi caught the fraud and called me. Of course the account was closed for security reasons, and Citi sent me a new card with new numbers. Would this reset the 18 month clock? I was thinking about applying for a 2nd AA card before the fee came due.

Also, if I am not offered retention bonus, does downgrading this card to bronze reset the 18 month clock?

No to the 1st Q: this should not be considered account closure.
Yes to the 2nd Q: downgrading involves you closing an existing account and opening a new one.

Superorb Mar 30, 2016 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer (Post 26411679)
On your online account for the transaction in question after selecting the "expend details" link what is listed for the "category" & "transaction type"?

Additional Details
Transaction Type: Purchases
Posted Date: Mar. 17, 2016
Category: ServicesMORTGAGE COMPANIES-FINANCIAL INSTITUTION
Reference Number: GPXL1806
Merchant Country: United States

nikita606 Mar 30, 2016 6:41 pm

Thanks MaxVO! I appreicate hearing from people who have more experience with this than I do.