FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1632562-citi-aa-platinum-gold-business-cards.html)

Ed Janowsky Mar 24, 16 6:02 pm


Originally Posted by robr (Post 26382648)
So.... I just got a targeted offer with a 50k mile bonus. But I just applied for and cancelled (because I didn't get the mileage bonus) the same card a week ago. (I was just upgraded to Elite in Feb, so applied in March using link 15 for another AAdvantage Platinum).

Given I just cancelled this very card a week ago, what are the odds I get the miles (or the card) if I apply again?

Read the terms on the offer you received and tell us what they say.

Sortek Mar 24, 16 6:11 pm


Originally Posted by robr (Post 26382648)
So.... I just got a targeted offer with a 50k mile bonus. But I just applied for and cancelled (because I didn't get the mileage bonus) the same card a week ago. (I was just upgraded to Elite in Feb, so applied in March using link 15 for another AAdvantage Platinum).

Given I just cancelled this very card a week ago, what are the odds I get the miles (or the card) if I apply again?

I'd SUPPOSE that the targeted nature of the offer means you 've got a pretty good chance, especially if the 18-month language appears no where through your app process. So, 51%?

robr Mar 24, 16 6:57 pm

I didn't have my glasses on when I first looked at the mailer, so apologies for the false alarm. This is a different card, it just looks almost identical.

CitiBusiness / AAdvantage World Platinum Select. 50k miles for 3k spend in 3 months.
$95/year first year waived.

I don't have and have never had a CitiBusiness card, so seems I'm good! Which I'm happy about because earlier this week I blew all my miles on 4 tickets to Sydney :D.

frairtuck Mar 24, 16 10:33 pm

My SO just received second AA Plat welcome letter which shows 60k offer. Had applied using a direct mail offer that was in my name (different last names, same address) and also was expired.

tomasdev Mar 25, 16 10:52 am


10. When will my bonus miles post?
Roughly 2-3 days after the date of the statement containing the charge that takes you across the spend threshold.
Anybody else not seeing the miles posted after 3 days of the statement 3k+ ?

diseased Mar 25, 16 11:23 am

Can anyone provide the mailer link? I kept one AA gold 50k mailer code from last year and want to see if it still works when the next app is due in a few days.

frairtuck Mar 25, 16 11:37 am


Originally Posted by tomasdev (Post 26385376)
Anybody else not seeing the miles posted after 3 days of the statement 3k+ ?

My first card took a month to post. My second took 3 days.



Originally Posted by diseased (Post 26385540)
Can anyone provide the mailer link? I kept one AA gold 50k mailer code from last year and want to see if it still works when the next app is due in a few days.

It should say on the mailer. If not,
https://www.citicards.com/cards/cred...CQ~160AAGOLDPA

ajhun9 Mar 25, 16 1:49 pm

Is it possible to manage Citi personal and Business cards from the same online account? I've been trying to add a new Business card to my personal online profile and have been unsuccessful.

johnnie198x Mar 25, 16 1:56 pm


Originally Posted by Sortek (Post 26382323)
Have never had Gold anything before. Do we have data points on whether I can still churnish for new gold, one OR endlessly, in the face of the new despair?

I've been churning 3 pairs of AA Plat + Gold now. Before 2/8, Gold was working just like Plat. After 2/8 and as of now, I don't have datapoint.

fromfall98 Mar 25, 16 2:45 pm


Originally Posted by ajhun9 (Post 26386284)
Is it possible to manage Citi personal and Business cards from the same online account? I've been trying to add a new Business card to my personal online profile and have been unsuccessful.

No, you would need a separate account for Business card. You won't be able to have business and personal managed by same account.

Cheers!

chadmb2003 Mar 25, 16 3:01 pm

Datapoint:
Approved for 1st Platinum Select 4/15
Card converted to WE 6/15
Applied for 2nd Platinum Select 3/16 via prequalified offer on the site (no mention of 18 month cycle anywhere in supporting documents)
Received welcome packet today, no mention of bonus miles anywhere, will update when the card actually arrives and I can access the online account. Kind of disappointing.

frequentflaya Mar 25, 16 3:16 pm


Originally Posted by chadmb2003 (Post 26386628)
Datapoint:
Approved for 1st Platinum Select 4/15
Card converted to WE 6/15
Applied for 2nd Platinum Select 3/16 via prequalified offer on the site (no mention of 18 month cycle anywhere in supporting documents)
Received welcome packet today, no mention of bonus miles anywhere, will update when the card actually arrives and I can access the online account. Kind of disappointing.

Care to share through which link did you apply?
Thanks.

chadmb2003 Mar 25, 16 3:22 pm


Originally Posted by frequentflaya (Post 26386706)
Care to share through which link did you apply?
Thanks.

Did not apply through a link on this site. Entered my info into Citi's "pre-qualified for a card" site and was given a 30K for $1k spend pre-qualified offer.

ETA: I did not apply via cards you are interested in, this was an actual prequalified offer.

radumbo Mar 25, 16 6:08 pm

another data point
 
throwing in my successful data point here, but first thanks to all of you! i never would have found out about this otherwise.

1/x/16 first week - applied for first ever platinum select card. met the spending and got the bonus some time within the first 6-8 weeks.
2/x/16 last week - got converted from W to WE
3/19/16 - applied via link #15 but did not get instantly approved. called in and was immediately approved for a lower CL. shifted some over from card #1
3/25/16 - got the letter (was out of town, might have gotten it sooner) and it shows the bonus language ^

mvtm Mar 25, 16 7:09 pm

Hi guys,

I've have had a Citigold account for about 4 years but never had a credit card under the account. I'm interested into applying for a citi credit card as a means to start developing some credit history in the US. Previously i've never applied for a credit card in the USA as i've always used my debit card for any purposes. I'm a college student from a wealthy background on my last year of college and i'm looking for a citi cc that allows me to improve my spending limit and also build solid credit history. Ideally, i would be looking at a low maintenance/no annual fee card that would suppose no additional hassle for me being an EU citizen. Something that i don't have to bother much but works solid/offers some perks and it's just a good card in case of need. Also i wouldn't have a problem paying an annual fee if the card is worth it and recommended here.

I'm not partial to any kind of card, but would wish a card with a $5.000 limit and upwards. I'm not sure if i have to do baby steps first or ask upfront for such card - (i.e try my luck). I'm an AA flyer but i don't really lose my sleep for the signup miles after the devaluation. I just want a smart card. I'm also *G with Aegean but i hardly ever fly Star Alliance over Oneworld. I like travel reward cards and such, of course like any FTers i love flying and anything travel related but i want to make a rational choice here and go with an overall good card that works effectively on all environments.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:50 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.