FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1632562-citi-aa-platinum-gold-business-cards.html)

Stgermainparis Mar 25, 2016 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by fromfall98 (Post 26386532)
No, you would need a separate account for Business card. You won't be able to have business and personal managed by same account.

Cheers!

Ditto. Also, I can log in to my Citi personal account on the mobile app but cannot log in to business account on mobile. :rolleyes:

beltway Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Wiki updated:
  • Offers 24 & K added.
  • All landing/app pages tested & confirmed to be working.
  • Completely dead offers pruned.
  • Assorted mis-formatting corrected.

chadmb2003 Mar 26, 2016 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by chadmb2003 (Post 26386628)
Datapoint:
Approved for 1st Platinum Select 4/15
Card converted to WE 6/15
Applied for 2nd Platinum Select 3/16 via prequalified offer on the site (no mention of 18 month cycle anywhere in supporting documents)
Received welcome packet today, no mention of bonus miles anywhere, will update when the card actually arrives and I can access the online account. Kind of disappointing.

Received card today, no bonus tracker in the online account. Will call Citi Monday and ask why I was not given the bonus when there was no mention of the 18 month clock in any supporting documents on the application page.

bigshooter Mar 26, 2016 2:14 pm

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.

Can someone tell me whether business cards get the bonus counter? I confirmed twice with reps that I get the 50k bonus on my latest play biz card, but no mention in letter attached to card, and never received a approval letter.

Currently citi must be having issues since I can't even click on my account without receiving an error.

diseased Mar 26, 2016 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter (Post 26390659)
Can someone tell me whether business cards get the bonus counter? I confirmed twice with reps that I get the 50k bonus on my latest play biz card, but no mention in letter attached to card, and never received a approval letter.

Currently citi must be having issues since I can't even click on my account without receiving an error.

There won't be a mention of the bonus on business letters. I don't believe there was a counter either on the website (had two business cards so far). You won't be able to view detailed info until you make a purchase that posts or it's open for some time.

PETERPNYC Mar 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter (Post 26390659)

There has never been mention , nor a bonus tracker on the Biz card . It has been mentioned numerous times and might be in the Wiki.

PETERPNYC Mar 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by chadmb2003 (Post 26390657)
Received card today, no bonus tracker in the online account. Will call Citi Monday and ask why I was not given the bonus when there was no mention of the 18 month clock in any supporting documents on the application page.

Wish you would avoid calling
Citi and not pointing out their
mistakes .
You just might ruin it for the rest of the community, and the future
Of this card churn .
Boy have things changed. It used to be the number one rule
" DO NOT CALL "

chadmb2003 Mar 26, 2016 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC (Post 26390985)
Wish you would avoid calling
Citi and not pointing out their
mistakes .
You just might ruin it for the rest of the community, and the future
Of this card churn .
Boy have things changed. It used to be the number one rule
" DO NOT CALL "

I will not mention the clock, game plan is to play dumb and if they state the clock as the reason for no bonus, then tell them there was nothing during the application process that said I would not be eligible for the bonus and that that was news to me.

fromfall98 Mar 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by chadmb2003 (Post 26390657)

Any specific reason to wait till Monday to call? Isn't customer service 24x7?

Cheers!

chadmb2003 Mar 27, 2016 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by fromfall98 (Post 26394789)

Cheers!

Yeah it's 24/7 but it's Easter holiday and there are more important things to do today then call Citi.

bigshooter Mar 27, 2016 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by chadmb2003 (Post 26395277)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fromfall98

Cheers!

Yeah it's 24/7 but it's Easter holiday and there are more important things to do today then call Citi.

I believe the mods should be involved for that comment... Anyone on flyer talk knows getting their miles trumps all else.

unknownflyer Mar 27, 2016 7:34 pm

edited

chadmb2003 Mar 27, 2016 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by unknownflyer (Post 26396084)
I believe you. Hopefully by tomorrow, you will realize there is no longer a reason to call. You didn't get the bonus, and you're not going to. I truly wish it wasn't the case.

Signed,
Let it go

But is the general public supposed to know about the 18 month clock if it is never mentioned in any documents or on any page in the application? Some Citi apps do include the rule, my specific prequalified offer did not.

fredc84 Mar 27, 2016 9:17 pm

"American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles offer is not available if you have had a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® MasterCard® opened or closed in the past 18 months."

This sentence is at the end of the second paragraph under the T&C's for the current offers on the AA website. I wasn't even signed into my account, it's on the generic, public page.

chadmb2003 Mar 28, 2016 8:50 am

Originally Posted by fredc84 (Post 26396460)
"American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles offer is not available if you have had a Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® MasterCard® opened or closed in the past 18 months."

This sentence is at the end of the second paragraph under the T&C's for the current offers on the AA website. I wasn't even signed into my account, it's on the generic, public page.

I did not apply through a public link, I've said that many times in this thread. I applied through a pre-qualified offer that did not have that sentence anywhere in the terms and conditions. Yes, after I applied I looked at other terms and conditions on other links and saw that line but it was not on mine. I took screenshots of the terms and conditions as reference.