FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1632562-citi-aa-platinum-gold-business-cards.html)

fredc84 Mar 28, 16 10:05 am

Originally Posted by chadmb2003 (Post 26398447)
I did not apply through a public link, I've said that many times in this thread. I applied through a pre-qualified offer that did not have that sentence anywhere in the terms and conditions. Yes, after I applied I looked at other terms and conditions on other links and saw that line but it was not on mine. I took screenshots of the terms and conditions as reference.

You asked how the general public was supposed to know about the 18 month rule. I just showed you on a public link. My point being, it IS in their terms and conditions.

RobertHanson Mar 28, 16 10:34 am

Originally Posted by fredc84 (Post 26398538)
You asked how the general public was supposed to know about the 18 month rule. I just showed you on a public link. My point being, it IS in their terms and conditions.

I think the OP has a valid point. When one gets a pre-qualified offer, it should include the full T/Cs for that offer. One should not be expected to go search around the net, looking for additional T/Cs that might apply. :(

That said, while the above is logical and reasonable, it's unlikely that Citi will give the OP the expected, and in fact promised, sign up bonus. At least not without going thru Small Claims Court, which in the long run is probably not a good idea either. :p

gablaze23 Mar 28, 16 11:28 am

Applying for my 5th card Citi Platinum today using a targeted mailed offer meant for my brother. It's my first application since the Feb 10 fiasco and I'm quite concerned because I had just recently cancelled all the other 3 WE cards I had, and the mailed offer I used already expired in February.

Jan 28 Citi Platinum #4 applied and approved
March 20+ WE converted
March 28 Citi Platinum #5 applied using targeted mail code for my brother

My card was approved but not instantly. They put me on hold for like 5-6 minutes! Has this happened to anybody?

Hoping to get the bonus language. Citi sent my brother 2 targetted offers and I plan to use them all!!! :)

BringBackTWA Mar 28, 16 11:33 am

Originally Posted by gablaze23 (Post 26399019)
Applying for my 5th card Citi Platinum today using a targeted mailed offer meant for my brother. It's my first application since the Feb 10 fiasco and I'm quite concerned because I had just recently cancelled all the other 3 WE cards I had, and the mailed offer I used already expired in February.

March 20+ WE converted

My card was approved but not instantly. They put me on hold for like 5-6 minutes! Has this happened to anybody?

Hoping to get the bonus language. Citi sent my brother 2 targetted offers and I plan to use them all!!! :)

Good luck! And please let us know if the approval letter does indeed contain the bonus language!

gablaze23 Mar 28, 16 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by BringBackTWA (Post 26399050)
Good luck! And please let us know if the approval letter does indeed contain the bonus language!

Browsed a few pages back and saw that you used a targeted code for a neighbor. Did you get yours?

BringBackTWA Mar 28, 16 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by gablaze23 (Post 26399343)
Browsed a few pages back and saw that you used a targeted code for a neighbor. Did you get yours?

I haven't yet applied as I'm still waiting on my 8/65 clock, but am strongly considering it once I'm eligible and I've received my converted card from my app in February. I'll certainly report back when I do, though.

Can I ask why you decided to cancel your 3 WE cards before this application? Did you consider lowering your CL's instead?

gablaze23 Mar 28, 16 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by BringBackTWA (Post 26399384)
I haven't yet applied as I'm still waiting on my 8/65 clock, but am strongly considering it once I'm eligible and I've received my converted card from my app in February. I'll certainly report back when I do, though.

Can I ask why you decided to cancel your 3 WE cards before this application? Did you consider lowering your CL's instead?

The annual fee for the first card was going to hit. I asked around people here and read the wiki and there shouldn't be a problem with cancelling WE's, saying it won't reset the clock.

We'll find out soon!

bobert24 Mar 28, 16 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by gablaze23 (Post 26399019)

March 20+ WE converted

Yep, the holds appear to be longer and more common as you go through more cards. They have to review all of your past accounts. Turns out my last account actually required a manager's approval (I only know because I asked - I was on hold for 20 minutes). There's a pretty good chance none of your approvals will be instant from this point on. It sucks, but it apparently doesn't reduce your chances of approval too greatly.

NTP9766 Mar 29, 16 7:34 am

Originally Posted by gablaze23 (Post 26399454)
The annual fee for the first card was going to hit. I asked around people here and read the wiki and there shouldn't be a problem with cancelling WE's, saying it won't reset the clock.

We'll find out soon!

Definitely let us know, as I also cancelled a WE card recently, and will be cancelling another shortly. I haven't received any targeted mailings recently, but the World card now shows in "other cards you may be interested in" on the Citi Pre-Qualified site (first time it has shown up there since getting my last card). If it actually shows up under Pre-Qualified, or I get a targeted offer, I may consider grabbing another if others also have success.

imhere2stay Mar 29, 16 9:46 am

So i applied for the 30k offer via the other offers you might be interested in and did not receive the bonus language on my letter or card. my AAOA is very low right now, if i cancel the card before activating it, will the card not report on my credit report?

fromfall98 Mar 29, 16 10:10 am

Originally Posted by imhere2stay (Post 26403622)
So i applied for the 30k offer via the other offers you might be interested in and did not receive the bonus language on my letter or card. my AAOA is very low right now, if i cancel the card before activating it, will the card not report on my credit report?

:D
That's wishful thinking! The card has already been reported to your Credit Report even before you got it in your hand :)

Cheers!

ss1100 Mar 29, 16 10:37 am

2 questions...

1) If I just got the Citi Aadvantage Select Platinum and the 50k signup offer and then also just got approved for the Citi Aadvantage Gold, do I also get the 25k signup offer for the Citi Gold? I talked to 2 different CSRs and got 2 different responses (as expected). Anyone try this?

2) Anyone have any luck having Citi retroactively apply a targeted promotion a couple days after approval?

Thanks everyone!

chadmb2003 Mar 29, 16 11:34 am

Originally Posted by NTP9766 (Post 26402966)
Definitely let us know, as I also cancelled a WE card recently, and will be cancelling another shortly. I haven't received any targeted mailings recently, but the World card now shows in "other cards you may be interested in" on the Citi Pre-Qualified site (first time it has shown up there since getting my last card). If it actually shows up under Pre-Qualified, or I get a targeted offer, I may consider grabbing another if others also have success.

I applied through the pre-qualified offer and did not get the bonus language in the welcome letter or the card.

ss1100 Mar 29, 16 11:36 am

Originally Posted by chadmb2003 (Post 26404267)
I applied through the pre-qualified offer and did not get the bonus language in the welcome letter or the card.

I didn't receive any bonus language in any documentation either, but when you login to the site, you click on your miles summary, and you will see the offer there if you have one.

NTP9766 Mar 29, 16 11:46 am

Originally Posted by chadmb2003 (Post 26404267)

I just read through your scenario, and it's weird to me. If I were to guess, I'd have said that you should have easily been able to grab that card with the bonus based on the fact that your card converted to WE well before all of this drama. It really does seem like a crap shoot at this point.